How did you meet your spouse?

by serendipity 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Golf
    Golf

Beep Beep, "...married in 1977 and still together." Not in the roller coaster though, correct?

Golf

• garybuss
    garybuss

Golf, you wrote: "OK, Gary, which one did you take, the brunette or the blonde? Give me something to activate my imagination."
    Both.

• Golf
    Golf

garybuss, thanks for the great laugh!

Golf

• blondie
    blondie

At work (he was not my supervisor). Now there is a place to observe a person, their qualities, their weaknesses, whether they would make a good life partner. Actually, I wasn't looking but I couldn't resist.

Blondie

• Special K
    Special K

At the kingdom Hall.

Married 24 years in Nov..

Special K

• garybuss
    garybuss

Golf, here's the rest of the story.

The blonde is Nancy. I dated her room mate a couple times while I lived in Spirit Lake. They were living in Fairmont, MN. I told my brother about this pretty blonde living with my date and I made a blind date for him and the four of us went out. They didn't hit it off and didn't pursue a relationship. I didn't hit it off with the room mate and we moved on too. I moved to Vermillion, SD for the winter of 1965-66.
    When I moved back to Sioux Falls, in spring of 1966, the brunette, Delores was living there. We met and talked at meetings and we talked again at JW parties and we did hit it off. We dated about a year and married in June of 1967.
    Delores died January 12 of 1971 from untreated leukemia.
    In May I went to Sioux City Iowa for one of them special speaker nights where they flew some talker in from New York City. After the speaker I went over to Delores's sister's place for coffee and Nancy had been in town for the speaker and called her. I talked to Nancy and I made a date with her for the next weekend. I kept the date and we were married September 11 by a Chevy auto mechanic in the basement of a hardware store. He gave us some good advise. Change your oil every three thousand miles and rotate your tires every six thousand miles. We have 4 adult sons and one grandson.

• Golf
    Golf

Thanks Gary, I get the picture now. I'm glad to know that everything has turned out well.

Hey, I like that mechanic's advice. I also have four adult sons but eleven grand-children, the oldest being 22. Life really moves on doesn't it? The best.

Golf

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Bikerchic,

That's pretty amazing! I may have to borrow a few of your pickup lines.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

My wife and I met at a jw wedding.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I posted my story on what is now jwfiles.com, and he read it. We got married 6 months after we started emailing - it will be 5 years in May.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit