How did you meet your spouse?

by serendipity 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI JGnat,

I'd been a celibate single parent for twenty years, raised my children to adulthood...I was dangerously randy. ;

That's funny! I resemble that remark.

What did you see in your husband? It didn't worry you that he was still living with his parents? I think I would have dismissed him off the bat.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I met my husband on a blind date set up by my sister. We went to see the movie "Valentine" and spent the whole movie laughing and making fun of it. We knew it was love when we both realized we could quote Monty Python lines. We saw each other off and on for about the next six months and then something finally clicked and I ended up moving from Anchorage to Fairbanks to be with him. If anyone's ever been to Fairbanks you KNOW that was love!!!

Best thing I ever did though, every one else thought I was nuts. He's the love of my life, my best friend and the best father ever!

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Through a friend who was chasing her sister. I was 16, she was 14 at the time. It was at a circuit assembly in a small high school in central Pa. I can still remeber the AWFUL white "Go-Go" boots that she was wearing. (YUCK)

A few weeks later my buddy,old pal invites me to go along with him to a local amusement park completely unaware that these two girls were going to be there. I found her to be a little pushy for me upon getting on the roller coaster she took my arm and put it around her shoulder.

For some reason though we didn't stay together at that time and I sort of lost touch with her until I went to a going away party for someone heading off to Bethel about three years later. Her family was there including her now married sister.

The rest is history, married in 1977 and still together.

• Golf
    Golf

garybuss, that's it? Here I was getting set to read an interesting union and then, then, then, I'm still waiting. Don't leave me dangling.

Golf

• garybuss
    garybuss

That's it Golf. I met two men pioneers and they each had a sister. One was brunette and one was blonde.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I met my first husband when he walked into my mother's living room for the book study. He was coming to the meetings to find out what the JWs were teaching him so he could get his brother out. That was in Feb 1970. By the end of June and 2 weeks after my 18th birthday my mother told us we had to get married. Five weeks later I was married to a stranger.

Nothing romantic. No warm fuzzies. No getting to know each other. Oh and 2 "dates" one in a group that my mother orchestrated with a large group of witnesses (roller-skating) and the second "date" was after we were "engaged" - we went to a movie with my little brother as chaperone.

Well he's still in - but I'm free

• Golf
    Golf

OK, Gary, which one did you take, the brunette or the blonde? Give me something to activate my imagination.

Lady Lee, I'm sitting here shaking my head after reading your experience. This religion is something else.

Golf

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pst, golf. He has two wives, one blond, one brunette

S

• jgnat
    jgnat
    What did you see in your husband? It didn't worry you that he was still living with his parents?

Ah, the fog of love. This is what he adds to my life. Where my head is in the clouds, he is firmly grounded in the "now". I plan, dream, strategize, he finds my house keys. I work with intensity, putting in my all, and I come home and he says, "What's for supper?" At home, I am just me, be. My overactive mind comes to a screeching halt. Our time together is spent in an endless banter of the mundane. My daughter says she gets a headache just listening to the two of us.

Did I also mention that I was dangerously randy?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I met mine here on JWD in the chat room!

This month we will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary! Still crazy in love, life is good!

Here is the beginning of our romance on JWD:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/36111/1.ashx

For the rest you'll just have to stock us, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit