JDubs at the mall and other inventive ways to put in "time"

by limbogirl 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• DannyHaszard
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro
    knew one woman who literally hand wrote hundreds of letters and then mailed them out to random people in the phone book ; -- she raked in the hours with that scam.
    You would think more people would have a reality check when they have to resort to scamming time to report on their time cards. That is the biggest exercise in futility EVER.

If she was clever, she'd type it up on the computer and buy the s...l...o...w...e...s...t printer she could find. (I'm sure e-bay would have some clunky piece of junk). That way she could go and do whatever she wanted and count the time while they were printing. And if she was really zealous, she could catch up on all those return visits and not-at-homes at the same time... yay! Then she could even count the time twice.

Maybe an even better idea would be to set up her own mail server and SPAM people with 'kingdom thoughts' 24 hours a day. She'll be a special pioneer in no time.

• luna2
    luna2

I've heard of JWs manning a booth at college work fair type events. Not something I'd ever want to do...nor is that mall thing. It screams cult with those big signs proclaiming something for nothing. I also wonder if people are turned off because its so public....I don't know, guess its more progressive than going door to door getting only one or two people at home in a whole morning and wasting a half a tank of gas. This way those poor girls get to count time from the moment the set up to the moment they leave and not have to play games leaving mags at gas stations to start their time.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I have seen the Mormons across from the Jehovahs Witnesses at the Solano Mall in Fairfield California.

We have also received random mailings from someone in the local KH here in Massachusetts. The person didn't know me or my husband and it was a very light and fluffy letter with a brochure and a phone number if we wanted a free bible study.

WG

• rebel8
    rebel8

We did mailings to the addresses that were not at home when we pretended to ring their bell in FS. We purposely hand wrote them and used big cumbersome pens to ensure we wrote really slowly. If we ran out of $ for postage we just threw the letters out in a restaurant garbage can to ensure our parents didn't find out. I used to sign a fake name to the letters too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've seen jws sitting at a table in airports, so has my sister (who travels alot) and she said they always look unhappy or bored unlike the 4 chicks above

• blakky
    blakky

here in sydney, there is an old brother in a wheelchair who has a stand in Town Hall station. Town hall being Sydneys 2nd biggest and busiest train stations. He is there nearly everyday... I wonder if anyone stops to talk to him...

• pratt1
    pratt1

There are some dubs who actually sit on the window structure at Penn Station in Newark NJ.

No one ever talks to them, people are commuting to work and just aren't interested.

It doesn't seem to bother the dubs, they seem too deeply in conversation with each other to notice.

In todays Daily News, there is an acticle that states that the Police Commisioner of NY is going to rid Grand Central of beggars.

I hope this includes the begging dubs a well.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I have seen two younger brothers displaying

magazines at the

Atlanta airport.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    knew someone else who drove around with wt's and awake's plastered to the car windows and counted it as time.

LOL...I never thought of that one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit