What are the first things you notice when you enter a JW home?

by JH 42 Replies latest jw friends

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Don't forget the mountain of pill bottles, vitamins, and other snake-oil on top of the fridge.

• Nicole24
    Nicole24

Of course they're rich and flashy...they're the ones who have SOLD THEIR SOUL TO SATAN!

• freedom96
    freedom96

At least a few years ago, without question, a book case full of bound volumes. Can spot them a mile away!

• defd
    defd

The first thing I notice is that there are no Pagen crosses on the wall. No filthy ash trays full of cancer causing butts.

D.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Defd, I find in most homes, be them Jehovahs Witness or not, there are no pagan crosses or ash trays to be seen.

• defd
    defd

i know ellie just going along with the program.

D.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Well, let's go along then...

On Halloween night, you might see young kid faces pressed to the windows, watching the other kids having fun, dressing up and getting candy in the streets.

On Christmas morning, you might find those kids preparing to go out in service while thinking of all the kids who are presently having a wonderful, loving, magical family moment while unwrapping gifts and singing carols.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I know it's becoming a theme here, but those ugly bound volumes and hideously color-schemed older yearbooks. I swear, you'd be able to see those things behind a lead wall.
    The sight of those things is like a triggering memory for me. I instantly become kind of depressed and tired when I see them. Almost like a sympathetic reaction for the poor souls that still live under their "enlightenment."
    SNG

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Actually most of the JWs I knew never played the "Kingdom" melodies

Ain't that the truth! Most dubs I knew absolutely hated the Kingdumb Melodies.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Defd:

The first thing I notice is that there are no Pagen crosses on the wall

Mrs Ozzie wears a cross on a chain around her neck. She likes to because in her work she chooses to identify as a christian.

Are you saying that Mrs Ozzie is actually a pagan? That'd interest her no end! Perhaps you can pass on for her what causes you to say that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit