Is repititive imprinting of ideas a primary cult tactic?

by hubert 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

sweetscholar, welcome to the forum. It seems you have some good points in your post, but it is hard to read when it's in a big paragraph.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

cuz I went into things that you don't like and it was a bit too long for a cockeyed nut such as yourself to read and honestly carefully comprehend? your screen name and picture show that YOU are the one in serious need of medication. or serious therapy. nobody's perfect, sonny. but whatever. I'm sorry if my posting was too much for your pea brain to handle. I know that babies like you need small spoonfuls. I'll try to remember that, and keep it a little shorter. (did I tell you that you look like a demented creep in your picture? a wacko. so I guess you should know about 'medication'. I bet you've had your fill of xanix and zoloft and paxil and whatever else. I stay away from drugs. too devilish. and toxic. I'm not perfect, I admit. but doofis, you don't even come close. try addressing the specific points of my writing instead of childishly and schmuckishly saying silly crap. if your mind can grasp what I wrote, that is. apparently it can't. lata.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

the fact of the matter is that Jehovah's witnesses in this modern complex age are not perfect. (repetition for emphasis and importance was followed by Peter "by way of reminder", (2 Peter 1:13), under the Holy Spirit; so if that's the case, the first century Christians were "cultic" too. but we know that "orthodoxy" at the time, and the pagan demented unreasonable world in general viewed the early true Christians of the First Century A.D. as "heretical" and "cultic" also. so the so-called "expert" view that "reprinting" or repetition is a cultic tactic is like whatever. repetition of stressing and driving points home to brains that are prone to forget--human nature--is not only sensible, but wholly Biblical. those "experts" and critics should try reading the Bible (any translation) a bit more carefully. and seeing it honestly. instead of interpreting things by pre-conceptions, filters, biases, and hardened emotionalism.) but now to the ultimate point about the Watchtower and the Lord's witnesses in these Last Days. THEY AINT PERFECT BY ANY STRETCH !!!! duhh. that's understood. And some in authority HAVE gone overboard with control in certain areas. that can be admitted. but so what? the first century Christians, as is easily forgotten by many people many times, had major problems, like with church favoritism and politics and divisions and strife and sometimes an over-control, and also legalism issues (such as the circumcision issue and other things). Read both letters to the Corinthians and the letter of James and Galatians, and the first few chapters of Revelation to see what I'm talking about. But that did not make them not the Truth or the True Christian Church in the overall sense. despite the silly human nature that popped up so often. (children of Adam are THAT messed up and retarded, even with the Holy Spirit on them) so then, angry and emotionally distraught people who leave Jehovah's witnesses, over hurt feelings, and a desire to be so independent, or whatever other apostate rebellious-type reasons, are just like Korah, who the Holy Spirit warned against being like Jude 11. (it would be funny and courageous of you to post my emails are your demonic heretical apostate site. just for some REAL balance.) throwing out the baby with the bathwater is never a wise move. the fact of the matter is that true Christian Biblical sanctification and separation are found today only among Jehovah's witnesses. of course, the Watchtower is not infallible in the matter of faith, doctrine and morals, as the Pope of Rome claims to be. but rather it bases its words and contents on the Holy Bible (whatever version) and the original manuscripts and original language words, of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. as well as on current world events and physical facts. why do they abstain from smoking and pagan holidays and worldly corrupt politics? whereas Christendom (all corrupt branches) regularly engage in all that un-Scriptural anti-Biblical garbage? with nothing done to them? no church discipline. it's a joke. those are the real issues that need to be addressed. not wheather some elder in a local JW congregation got too uptight about side-burns or whatever. And also issues on Revelation of Temple this that or the other. yeah, the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses are by no means perfect. no kidding. but would you say that the cockeyed mentally diseased worldly pagan "Southern Baptist Convention" is really Biblical and truly truly better? and that they truly follow "be ye separate"? Jeremiah 10 and 2 Corinthians 6:17. Verses of Scripture are there for reasons. not to be so conveniently and arrogantly dismissed as of no consequence. the general principles are there. and are important to consider. and also, there are no "abusive step parents" among Methodists? or Pentecostals? Or Mormons? or Presbyterians? is that a joke? but do they ever eventually get disfellowshipped??? listen, you silly fools. please listen carefully. ABUSIVE ANYTHING ULTIMATELY WILL GET YOU RIGHTLY KICKED OUT OF THE JW CHURCH, LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS IT SHOULD BE. but that does NOT generally happen among Roman Catholics or Greek Orthodox or EpiscoPAGANs. JWs leadership judge on the inside. and take appropriate and Biblical measures. not perfect every minute. but the disfellowshipping policy, based on Scripture, tends to put a real curb on nonsense that you find every minute in apostate Christendom (Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Western Protestant). how many "pedophiles" or "wife beaters" get actually disfellowshipped from your average Methodist church?? see the point!!? the basic point is that wherever you find Adamites, sinners and imperfect people, sons and daughters of Adam, EVEN IN GOD'S TRUE CONGREGATION AND ARRANGMENT, there are BOUND to be jerks and wrong-doers and annoying people. like in the First Century too. (CAREFULLY READ THE BOOK OF JAMES, AS AN EXAMPLE.) do I agree with every single thing that the Watcthower has said or taught or done over the years. of course not. but that does not mean that I overlook that they overall have Biblical purity and the Truth. they have the most logical explanation of the Bible out of every other group, church, organization, or teacher, that I have studied and examined. (and believe me. I have looked at MANY, and have carefully studied scores of different groups and philosophies and doctrines, historically, linguistically, and Biblically) and tried to look at all of them open-mindedly and fairly. John Frye and Jon Mitchell, I'm sure, may have some legitimate grievances here and there, (although I'm sure too that they are exaggerated and distorted in many ways, and therefore tickling to your ears, your being willing to biasly believe anything negative or criticizing of the Watchtower), but it seems that they miss the overall point. and fallen into the demonic trap of Korah. I'm NOT a Watcthower zombie. trust me on that. but I look carefully at both sides of the tale. people generally believe what they WANT to believe, not necessarily what the true hard cold rude facts actually support all the time. and of course that goes both ways. not every single syllable in Watctower publications is absolutely correct every single second. I'll grant that. and not every single elder of Jehovah's witnesses is always 100% accurate, reasonable, honest, fair, or even Biblical in practice or doctrine. and there have been some kooky unfair annoying things in the congregations. NO KIDDING. but beyond that, I'll grant very little more. none of that negates them having the Truth, in the Last Days of this wicked and corrupt world. And also, I put out a NewsLetter (that you'll probably found out more about in the future) that examines news, science, technology, sex, biology, theology, history, etc. various subjects of life. and it ultimately glorifies the Most High. and also defends His true witnesses and servants in these "Last Days". anyway, the point is that through a careful and honest unbiased examination of history, logic, nature, scienc, and Holy Scripture, the Watchtower, overall, can be seen to be sound, true, accurate, pure, and Biblical. overall. Pure Biblical Separated and Sactified True Christianity is the Truth. and in these "Last Days", as the unbiased and hard evidence and the physical facts show, is found really only among the despised and persecuted group known as Jehovah's witnesses--the Lord's true witnesses--and their "faithful slave" class. (Matthew 24:45) Dispensing spiritual "meat in due season". Not popular in a corrupt and demon-controlled world. The Bible is exalted by them as God's True Inspired Word, and the True Infallible Guide on sound living. not just in word BUT IN ACTUAL PRACTICE !!!! no flesh defiler (like chronic cigarrette smokers) or practicing homosexuals or fornicators or chronic drunks or embezzelers or cursers allowed. or people engaged in pagan and corrupt practices and customs and worldly corrupt schemes and demonic politics. clean people, overall. overall. I hope you get that point. The fact is that that real evidence shows, seen from Holy Scripture and divine reason and logic that, in the "End Times", there can be only on true Organ, Channel, and Congregation and Arrangement used by God. Just as God used one typical Ark and "Church of Noah" arrangement, separated from the rest of the corrupt world, who many of them no doubt had some kind of "faith" in the God of Enoch at the time. but perished anyway. only ONE typical Congregation of Israel, that was organized and set up, under leadership THAT WAS BINDING on the rest of the people. and ONE true Christian Church under Central oversight in the 1st Century A.D. See Genesis 6:14-18; Exodus 29:10,11; Leviticus 25:55; Deuteronomy 5:1; Acts 15:6-31. for all the Korah-like rebels and emotionally stubborn and apostates out there, you probably don't like that it would be too much of a counter-act and a true balance to all the unreasonable distortions and exaggerated and unfair crap that's on there right now. (as I said, I'm sure that there are some elements of truth on this site. but from what I've seen, mostly distortions and rebellious whining overall.) anyway, I never claimed to be perfect myself. I just know that the first century Christians were not either. but were used by the Lord anyway, and had the correct doctrine overall. and were also "hated of all nations" and looked down upon as a "heresy" and "cult" or whatever by the corrupt pagan and pseudo-religious world around them. (and there IS Biblical "judging" going on with disfellowshippings.) Mark 13:13; Matthew 24:9; Acts 24:5, 14; 28:22; 2 Kings 23:13; 2 Peter 1:4; 2 Peter 2:19; Ephesians 4:18; 1 Corinthians 11:32 bye.

• Odrade
    Odrade

never mind.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

the fact of the matter is that Jehovah's witnesses in this modern complex age are not perfect. (repetition for emphasis and importance was followed by Peter "by way of reminder", (2 Peter 1:13), under the Holy Spirit; so if that's the case, the first century Christians were "cultic" too. but we know that "orthodoxy" at the time, and the pagan demented unreasonable world in general viewed the early true Christians of the First Century A.D. as "heretical" and "cultic" also. so the so-called "expert" view that "reprinting" or repetition is a cultic tactic is like whatever. repetition of stressing and driving points home to brains that are prone to forget--human nature--is not only sensible, but wholly Biblical. those "experts" and critics should try reading the Bible (any translation) a bit more carefully. and seeing it honestly. instead of interpreting things by pre-conceptions, filters, biases, and hardened emotionalism.) but now to the ultimate point about the Watchtower and the Lord's witnesses in these Last Days. THEY AINT PERFECT BY ANY STRETCH !!!! duhh. that's understood. And some in authority HAVE gone overboard with control in certain areas. that can be admitted. but so what? the first century Christians, as is easily forgotten by many people many times, had major problems, like with church favoritism and politics and divisions and strife and sometimes an over-control, and also legalism issues (such as the circumcision issue and other things). Read both letters to the Corinthians and the letter of James and Galatians, and the first few chapters of Revelation to see what I'm talking about. But that did not make them not the Truth or the True Christian Church in the overall sense. despite the silly human nature that popped up so often. (children of Adam are THAT messed up and retarded, even with the Holy Spirit on them) so then, angry and emotionally distraught people who leave Jehovah's witnesses, over hurt feelings, and a desire to be so independent, or whatever other apostate rebellious-type reasons, are just like Korah, who the Holy Spirit warned against being like Jude 11. (it would be funny and courageous of you to post my emails are your demonic heretical apostate site. just for some REAL balance.) throwing out the baby with the bathwater is never a wise move. the fact of the matter is that true Christian Biblical sanctification and separation are found today only among Jehovah's witnesses. of course, the Watchtower is not infallible in the matter of faith, doctrine and morals, as the Pope of Rome claims to be. but rather it bases its words and contents on the Holy Bible (whatever version) and the original manuscripts and original language words, of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic. as well as on current world events and physical facts. why do they abstain from smoking and pagan holidays and worldly corrupt politics? whereas Christendom (all corrupt branches) regularly engage in all that un-Scriptural anti-Biblical garbage? with nothing done to them? no church discipline. it's a joke. those are the real issues that need to be addressed. not wheather some elder in a local JW congregation got too uptight about side-burns or whatever. And also issues on Revelation of Temple this that or the other. yeah, the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses are by no means perfect. no kidding. but would you say that the cockeyed mentally diseased worldly pagan "Southern Baptist Convention" is really Biblical and truly truly better? and that they truly follow "be ye separate"? Jeremiah 10 and 2 Corinthians 6:17. Verses of Scripture are there for reasons. not to be so conveniently and arrogantly dismissed as of no consequence. the general principles are there. and are important to consider. and also, there are no "abusive step parents" among Methodists? or Pentecostals? Or Mormons? or Presbyterians? is that a joke? but do they ever eventually get disfellowshipped??? listen, you silly fools. please listen carefully. ABUSIVE ANYTHING ULTIMATELY WILL GET YOU RIGHTLY KICKED OUT OF THE JW CHURCH, LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS IT SHOULD BE. but that does NOT generally happen among Roman Catholics or Greek Orthodox or EpiscoPAGANs. JWs leadership judge on the inside. and take appropriate and Biblical measures. not perfect every minute. but the disfellowshipping policy, based on Scripture, tends to put a real curb on nonsense that you find every minute in apostate Christendom (Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Western Protestant). how many "pedophiles" or "wife beaters" get actually disfellowshipped from your average Methodist church?? see the point!!? the basic point is that wherever you find Adamites, sinners and imperfect people, sons and daughters of Adam, EVEN IN GOD'S TRUE CONGREGATION AND ARRANGMENT, there are BOUND to be jerks and wrong-doers and annoying people. like in the First Century too. (CAREFULLY READ THE BOOK OF JAMES, AS AN EXAMPLE.) do I agree with every single thing that the Watcthower has said or taught or done over the years. of course not. but that does not mean that I overlook that they overall have Biblical purity and the Truth. they have the most logical explanation of the Bible out of every other group, church, organization, or teacher, that I have studied and examined. (and believe me. I have looked at MANY, and have carefully studied scores of different groups and philosophies and doctrines, historically, linguistically, and Biblically) and tried to look at all of them open-mindedly and fairly. John Frye and Jon Mitchell, I'm sure, may have some legitimate grievances here and there, (although I'm sure too that they are exaggerated and distorted in many ways, and therefore tickling to your ears, your being willing to biasly believe anything negative or criticizing of the Watchtower), but it seems that they miss the overall point. and fallen into the demonic trap of Korah. I'm NOT a Watcthower zombie. trust me on that. but I look carefully at both sides of the tale. people generally believe what they WANT to believe, not necessarily what the true hard cold rude facts actually support all the time. and of course that goes both ways. not every single syllable in Watctower publications is absolutely correct every single second. I'll grant that. and not every single elder of Jehovah's witnesses is always 100% accurate, reasonable, honest, fair, or even Biblical in practice or doctrine. and there have been some kooky unfair annoying things in the congregations. NO KIDDING. but beyond that, I'll grant very little more. none of that negates them having the Truth, in the Last Days of this wicked and corrupt world. And also, I put out a NewsLetter (that you'll probably found out more about in the future) that examines news, science, technology, sex, biology, theology, history, etc. various subjects of life. and it ultimately glorifies the Most High. and also defends His true witnesses and servants in these "Last Days". anyway, the point is that through a careful and honest unbiased examination of history, logic, nature, scienc, and Holy Scripture, the Watchtower, overall, can be seen to be sound, true, accurate, pure, and Biblical. overall. Pure Biblical Separated and Sactified True Christianity is the Truth. and in these "Last Days", as the unbiased and hard evidence and the physical facts show, is found really only among the despised and persecuted group known as Jehovah's witnesses--the Lord's true witnesses--and their "faithful slave" class. (Matthew 24:45) Dispensing spiritual "meat in due season". Not popular in a corrupt and demon-controlled world. The Bible is exalted by them as God's True Inspired Word, and the True Infallible Guide on sound living. not just in word BUT IN ACTUAL PRACTICE !!!! no flesh defiler (like chronic cigarrette smokers) or practicing homosexuals or fornicators or chronic drunks or embezzelers or cursers allowed. or people engaged in pagan and corrupt practices and customs and worldly corrupt schemes and demonic politics. clean people, overall. overall. I hope you get that point. The fact is that that real evidence shows, seen from Holy Scripture and divine reason and logic that, in the "End Times", there can be only on true Organ, Channel, and Congregation and Arrangement used by God. Just as God used one typical Ark and "Church of Noah" arrangement, separated from the rest of the corrupt world, who many of them no doubt had some kind of "faith" in the God of Enoch at the time. but perished anyway. only ONE typical Congregation of Israel, that was organized and set up, under leadership THAT WAS BINDING on the rest of the people. and ONE true Christian Church under Central oversight in the 1st Century A.D. See Genesis 6:14-18; Exodus 29:10,11; Leviticus 25:55; Deuteronomy 5:1; Acts 15:6-31. for all the Korah-like rebels and emotionally stubborn and apostates out there, you probably don't like that it would be too much of a counter-act and a true balance to all the unreasonable distortions and exaggerated and unfair crap that's on there right now. (as I said, I'm sure that there are some elements of truth on this site. but from what I've seen, mostly distortions and rebellious whining overall.) anyway, I never claimed to be perfect myself. I just know that the first century Christians were not either. but were used by the Lord anyway, and had the correct doctrine overall. and were also "hated of all nations" and looked down upon as a "heresy" and "cult" or whatever by the corrupt pagan and pseudo-religious world around them. (and there IS Biblical "judging" going on with disfellowshippings.) Mark 13:13; Matthew 24:9; Acts 24:5, 14; 28:22; 2 Kings 23:13; 2 Peter 1:4; 2 Peter 2:19; Ephesians 4:18; 1 Corinthians 11:32 bye.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

cuz I went into things that you don't like and it was a bit too long for a cockeyed nut like you to read. your screen name and picture show that YOU are the one in serious need of medication. I'm sorry if my posting was too much for your pea brain to handle. I know that babies like you need small spoonfuls. I'll try to remember that, and keep it a little shorter. (did I tell you that you look like a demented creep in your picture? so I guess you should know about 'medication'. I bet you've had your fill of xanix and zoloft and paxil and whatever else. I stay away from drugs. too devilish. I'm not perfect, I admit. but sonny, you don't even come close. try addressing the specific points of my writing instead of childishly and schmuckishly saying silly crap. if your mind can grasp what I wrote, that is. apparently it can't. lata.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

doofis, you don't even come close. try addressing the specific points of my writing instead of childishly and schmuckishly saying silly crap. living in mud huts has corroded what's left of your mind. prodigal son went to the pigs and vomit. duhh. wake up and grow some sanity, why don't you. anyway, it's doubtful you even actually totally red what I wrote. try examining the points, instead of making sarcastic dumbbell remarks. (My sarcasm towards you right now is TOTALLY warranted and Biblical, like Elijah saying to the Baal prophets that Baal was not answering them cuz he was probably busy taking a dump.) but study things carefully instead of laying on the beach getting too much sun. those beams can fry your skin and brain. address the important matters here. if your mind can grasp what I wrote, that is. apparently it can't. lata.

• TD
    TD

Interesting topic.

I personally don't like the term "cult" because it has become a poorly defined pejorative that is casually hurled at whatever religion the claimant happens to disagree with. That said though, it is certainly possible for individuals to display cultic behavior at a personal level. .

Case in point: One of the more obvious symptoms is an obsessive, irrational devotion to human organizational authority and one of the classic indicators of this obsession is the need to use the word, "Truth" with a capital ‘T" in an a way this is both esoteric and grammatically questionable:

...But that did not make them not the Truth...

...that they overall have Biblical purity and the Truth

...none of that negates them having the Truth,...

The state of being in accord with fact or reality – "Truth" is an abstraction. Thoughts and concepts may be either correct or incorrect. Whole doctrines may fall at some indeterminate point in between, due to the fact that some of the constituent ideas may be true while others, false. In healthy organizations this is why a plurality of thought is tolerated.

But "truth" is neither something that an organization may possess as a constituent part thereof in the manner that an automobile may posses an automatic transmission, nor is it something that people may locatively be "In." Similarly, "truth" is not interchangeable with pronouns whose antecedent is a person or organization. Using the word "Truth" in these ways is a classic, textbook symptom of the psychological manipulation commonly associated with cults and repressive political regimes.

Another symptom is extreme exclusivism, bordering on the hostile. This often manifests itself through the use of derogatory terms directed towards virtually anyone and anything outside the group:

….the pagan demented unreasonable world in general…

….your demonic heretical apostate site….

….cockeyed mentally diseased worldly pagan "Southern Baptist Convention"…

Religious and/or ideological disagreement does not, or at least should not render one your moral inferior by default. Many, if not the majority of Christians are good people who want to do what is right. Further, the healthy exchange of ideas that accompanies a plurality of thought is beneficial. JW’s of all people should recognize this, for it is a fact that Charles Taze Russell taught little, if anything that had not been taught by at least one religious figure before him.

The fact that the one single eschatological element retained by Jehovah’s Witnesses today (i.e. That the Gentile Times ended in 1914) was authored by the Second Adventist figure, Nelson, Barbour, does not obviate this fact. Instead, it further strengthens the idea that the Christian God has a much higher tolerance for doctrinal disagreement than victims of cult-think are willing to give him credit for.

A third hallmark of cult behavior is the inability to grasp subtle differences that render two situations morally distinguishable from each other. There is certainly nothing wrong with repetition as a learning aid. For example, learning ancient Greek is a popular pastime among Bible students. Greek was a very highly inflected language and the student will spend a great deal of time learning verb conjugations and noun cases through much repetition.

However this is nothing like the institutionalized repetition commonly associated with the outdated term, "brainwashing." How many times, for example, would you want to repeat the first grade? What if this repetition was considered normative conduct within your community and consequently expected of you?

This is the repetition that JW’s endure; a constant treadmill of basic JW doctrine; a school from which you never graduate. There is no such thing as advanced theology within the JW faith. The average JW has put in more hours in meeting attendence than any seminary student, yet could not even begin to explain something as basic to Christianity as the differences between Russell and Barbour over the mechanics of the Ransom. Rather than expanding the mind, the JW regimen stunts the mind. --And frankly, that is cultish.

• minimus
    minimus

It's the truth, the truth, the truth, the truth,the truth, the truth, the truth,the truth. What is it?? The truth.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Sorry Sweet scholar, I would have answered earlier but it was sleep time over here.

I got you pm... He he.

Do you realise you repeated yourself three times (including pm)?

Do you realise the topic you are stealing is "Is repetative imprinting of ideas a primary cult tactic? Haw haw

Your blathering is only strengthening my opinion that (most) religionists are delusional nutters who need medication.

Thankyou

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit