Is repititive imprinting of ideas a primary cult tactic?

by hubert 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

sweetscholar

APOSTATE JUDAS-LIKE AND PHARISAICAL HERETICAL SNAKES !!!

That's certainly a shotgun blast to a diverse group. You don't know anything about me, for example. I can guarantee you that I am nothing like Judas, and certainly nothing like the Pharisees. Why don't you put down the gritted teeth and start having an actual conversation?

Best wishes,
    SNG

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

sweetscholar

I'm not addressing people I just met on the street, but generally speaking APOSTATE JUDAS-LIKE AND PHARISAICAL HERETICAL SNAKES !!!

I would suggest that you know the people on this board to exactly the same degree that you know people on the street. You don't know me, for example, yet somehow you feel comfortable hurling huge strings of pejoratives around. No one benefits from this.

Deep breath. Calm down. Be a part of a conversation.

Best wishes,
    SNG

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Sorry about the doublish post. I'm having browser problems.
    SNG

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Don't try to reason with him, just feel deep pity

I'm serious

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome sweetscholar!

Especially, welcome to this thread. It is rare that someone raises the specter of mental conditioning and then we are provided with an instant example of the results.

I have a question for you: In the New World Translation, 1 John 2:26-29 says the anointing teaches and will lead to all truth.

1 John 2:26-29 — These things I write YOU about those who are trying to mislead YOU. And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him. So now, little children, remain in union with him, that when he is made manifest we may have freeness of speech and not be shamed away from him at his presence. If YOU know that he is righteous, YOU gain the knowledge that everyone who practices righteousness has been born from him.

So, how do you explain this direct contradiction of the Scriptures found in a 1991 Watchtower?

w91 3/15 p. 22 Who Really Have a Heavenly Calling?Professing to have a heavenly calling does not bring a person special revelations. God has a channel of communication through which he provides spiritual food for his earthly organization. (Matthew 24:45-47) So nobody should think that being an anointed Christian gives him wisdom superior to that of the “great crowd” with the earthly hope. (Revelation 7:9) Spirit anointing is not indicated by proficiency in witnessing, answering Scriptural questions, or giving Bible talks, for Christians with the earthly hope also do very well in these respects. Like anointed ones, they too are living exemplary Christian lives. For that matter, Samson and others of pre-Christian times had God’s spirit and were filled with zeal and understanding. Yet, none of that ‘great cloud of witnesses’ had the heavenly hope.—Hebrews 11:32-38; 12:1; Exodus 35:30, 31; Judges 14:6, 19; 15:14; 1 Samuel 16:13; Ezekiel 2:2.

This organization shortens the hand of God and paints the Holy Spirit as weak and ineffectual. This organization claims that God NEEDS it to accomplish His purposes. What a weak God that would be!

AuldSoul

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

AuldSoul,

It is rare that someone raises the specter of mental conditioning and then we are provided with an instant example of the results.

LOL....Yes, there has been a feeling of almost absurd irony about this thread.

doofdaddy,

Don't try to reason with him, just feel deep pity

One good thing about this board is that words are never truly wasted. There are countless lurkers watching this dialog unfold. This thread currently has over 600 views. Ironically, JW apologists often become perfect foils to show JW reasoning its most extreme - some might say, its purist - form, and how it contrasts with healthy positions. Such dialogs become conversation-teaching for the watchers. Therefore, conversations such as these often have far greater value to the lurkers than to the direct participants.

SNG

• TD
    TD

Hi sweetscholar,

I don't know why it's so hard to grasp.......what's the difficulty really?

Well in the context of this thread, the difficulty would lie in the fact that you're making assertions without providing biblical support for them. You see, the most natural defense when a Christian is accused of being affliated with a "cult" is to say, "I'm not a follower of Men, I follow the Bible. If you have a problem with that, go talk to God!"

Again, if we assume the Flood Story is true just for fun, the door of the ark was open right up until the day that God shut it. (Gen 7:16) At this point, the ark was finished, the animals and food gathered and the preaching complete. If organizational affliation of some sort was necessary for one to enter the ark, the Bible certainly doesn't say so.

When you try to justify the authority, exclusivism and intolerence of an organization by saying things are in the Bible, but providng no scriptures to prove that they're there, and by saying it's a simple matter of logic, but providing no argument or other logical construct to support the claim, then people start to wonder about the source of your claim.

All the best,

Tom

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

I won't go heavily into it right now, as I am pressed for time. you actually raised a couple of good points and questions (in a very rude arrogant insincere non-humble way though of course) about 1 John and so forth. but context and intent needs to be understood. and OTHER VERSES (in both "Testaments") need to be carefully considered. Read Acts 15-19 and read and grasp that the TRUE Christian Church of the First Century was ORGANIZED and CENTRALIZED, with decisions and TEACHINGS by the "Elders and Apostles" (the Governing Body at that time) that were BINDING on the rest of the local congregations. not just an "interpretation" either, but what's actually showing there. John's words have to do with not being needed to be taught "Know the Lord" (compare Hebrews 8:11. there's more to that Verse that I will delve in a bit later. but what do we do with all the countless Verses in the Greek New Testament where we see and read "teachers" and "learned from me" and "the Holy Spirit AND WE OURSELVES, have directed you....." and so forth? ignore them? use Jehudi's pen-knife on them?
    why is that whole thing in Acts 14,15,16 called the First "Christian Council"? sounds organized and centralized to me. now don't misunderstand. I'm not saying that it's quite like the Roman Catholic Church with their popes and cardinals and silly councils. they think they trace their "church" to Christ and the Apostles. But in a way, they have the right idea that true Biblical Christianity is not this chaotic cockeyed mess that we see in Protestantism. God does not work that way, and never really did. But the Mormons go too far and say that true Christianity died with the death of the last Apostle (John). that's not true either. True Christianity, even underground and disorganized, always existed with small groups and individuals, scattered. it's just that in the last days, it was restored as more organized. "knowledge being increased" as it were and so forth. yes, I know that you don't think (or have serious doubts) that it's with the witnesses of Jehovah and whatever, but my point is that it's NOT the Roman Catholic system.
    Romanism traces its true origin to pagan Emperor Constantine, the arch-heretic Athanasius of Alexandria, and that godless mess called the Council of Nicea. Between 312 A.D. and 325 A.D. so we know it's not them. again the point is that there are many verses that indicate teaching authority NOT instead of the Holy Spirit but with it. because how many of you Protestant blockheads and independent types claim to have God's Spirit and claim to be going only by the Bible, yet teach conflicting things? that goes on galore in apostate "Protestantism". Lutherans teach one way, Baptists another, and Presbyterians still another. Pentecostals teach this that and the other, while denying the other of the other that Methodists insist on. Yeah, real Christian soundness and unity. God being the author of that crap? that confused and confusing mish mosh? everyone has become his own interpreter, claiming to be guided by God's Spirit of Truth, and has in effect become his own pope. not that the office of pope is valid. (because that's a distortion on the Catholic Church's part, as we know) but the point of an anointed teaching authority and arrangement.
    oh, and as for doofis daddy. again, sweetie, look in the mirror and look at your mud hut life and see who really need "pity". lol.
    anyway, I like to be challenged. believe it or not. sharpens skills, and makes me see things in interesting lights. and believe it or not, I am willing to adjust. cuz you never know. but as it stands now, I'm convinced of the purity and structure (overall) despite their imperfections and kookiness at times, of the JWs. lata.

• sweetscholar
    sweetscholar

you seem a bit over-sensitive and not understanding that Christ "hurled pejoratives" too. you just want your ears tickled and your own whining silly feelings confirmed by the snakes. you're NOT just some neutral dude from the street. you're either an apostate fool or a fool with apostate influences. if you side with a cockeyed freak like doofis DUDdy, then where's your credibility with anything?? you're obviously biased like crazy from the word go. you'll pick and exaggerate supposed negatives, and ignore any substantive points and you never addressed that. duh, dont' you see that that Christ called them snakes, not I? Christ used strong "pejoratives" too first. so did Paul, and Elijah. when dealing with apostate pagan creeps such as yourself. oops sorry too strong for a sissified panty waiste "nice" guy like you. grow some thicker skin, and some real objectivity while you're at it. this message is to YOU in particular, cuz you've raised such a whining fuss about my tones and language and kissed the butts of silly nuts like doofis goofis and that guy with his quotations of things. independent and Korah-like. spare me. I know that my "tones" could have been gentler, and for that part of it I do really apologize. but I also know that my tones and language could be even worse. I notice that you'll hold back criticizing and nit-picking at the rude jerky tones of the people that YOU AGREE WITH !!!! duhh. you think I don't see that?? very convenient. but I take that with a grain of salt. why don't you. and focus a bit more on the actual POINTS being raised, instead of harping like a pansy on "tones" so much. tones which were not even all that bad. in this message I admit it's worse from me, because I've had enough of your silly dopey lame-brain biased remarks. and you're NOT a neutral party, as I said. you're more in the camp of the snakes and demonized apostates that you give yourself credit for. so it's not so black and white. Christ called religious hypocrites and fools names too. and so did Paul and Isaiah. what do we do with that? come on, nicey nicey, answer that one. yeah, thought so. good day. and doofis, why don't you put a different picture on your profile?? one where you look at least half human? I mean, really. you look and act more insane that I could ever hope to be. living in mud? and playing in the sun baked sand and beach? you have some winners in Australia. yikes. just kidding. I'm sure you're down to earth in many ways. and probably funny too. (maybe a little too down to earth, but whatever.) as I said, all "Adamites" are screwed up. it's a matter of taking the good with the bad. and being fair-minded. something I see so little of in this site. but we'll see. bye.

• hubert
    hubert
    I won't go heavily into it right now, as I am pressed for time.

Sweetscholar, I sure hope you are counting "time". You must have racked up a lot of hours here, so don't forget to write them down.

I didn't see anything in the Bible that says Jesus counted time, so how are you following Jesus?

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit