Sometimes I just shake my head

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, nearly a day has passed and we have been able to reflect on these events, and I guess cool those raw nerves.

One experience that resonated with me was from MsMcDucket when she revealed this terrible experience:

One of my twin daughters, who are shunning me, came over yesterday to pick up some mail. She rang the doorbell. She has a key to the house. She wouldn't come inside. I went into my spiel about it being the organization that makes her dishonor her mother, and she backed away from the door waving her hands as if swatting at demonized speech.

Imagine how a mother (of twin daughters too!) would feel at such an experience! It's bad enough for a father but you women know that this would be especially dreadful for a mother. It's as if the dubs have taken the daughters and told them to perform acts that aren't simply acts of omission (i.e. not doing anything) but acts of commission (making a deliberate act of rejection).

For myself, some here know of the experience of Mrs Ozzie and myself. We have had similar experiences to MsMcDucket. We have several adult children who've been taken from us as well as every relative over three or four generations. We don't even know of marriages and births. Not just that but as some old threads reveal we've had acts of outright rejection. Actually I've been physically assaulted by a Service Overseer in my own backyard, Mrs Ozzie has been traumatised by emotional and other abuse by men who were not novices, they were Bethel elders! One of them had the good grace to later apologise for his part in the abuse, but the others?

Why did all this take place? I don't know MsMcDucket's background but for us, it was that we had attended church services! Hardly earth-shattering!

When I think of the actions of some elders I, too, become angry. Yes, they are bastards! But is it helpful to dwell on that? Mrs Ozzie and I left the Watchtower and became christians. How could we reconcile our anger with our christian beliefs? We can't, so we put it aside and trust that our lives may be a living example to those we love who are trapped by the evil empiire of the borg. As Ray Franz wrote, they are "victims of victims".

So that brings us to those who, apparently, are still dubs and appear on the board. Yes, they are wrong in their beliefs. Yes, they are wrong in supporting the wicked WTS. Still, will we give tit for tat, or will we allow our good example to prove that what they have been told by the puppet-masters of the WTS is a lie.

I think that when Lady Lee and others express concern for some posts, it's not because that these new dub posters are being supported. Heaven knows, many posters, perhaps most, have good reason to be angry at the WTS but that these newbies, and us too, can be helped.

OK, that's my reflection.

Peace be with us all.

Cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

Ozmeister, thanks for sharing your shunning experiences as I don't believe I've ever read concerning your families roots and the ties you had to them. I too being a third generation dub have lost my entire mothers side(all dubs) of the family. Rejection is a hard one to deal with.

I have a question though,

Still, will we give tit for tat, or will we allow our good example to prove that what they have been told by the puppet-masters of the WTS is a lie.

How about if we give tit for tat... and......... be a good example at the same time as many here did in their comments?

Gumby

• telltruth
    telltruth

hi everyone. having read through the posts on this thread th one thing that stands out above everything.... jwd has the most wonderful mix of people, everyone is an individual and that even though at first blush it may not seem like it......everyone here practices tolerance. the board has obviously helped thousands of people and will continue to do so. if someone is in a bad place or speaking out of anger/frustration the voices in the crowd always seem to clear things up.(or at least inject what is necessary for tolerance to shine) much respect........telltruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit