Sometimes I just shake my head

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just went through the topic that LeftBehind started. I'm almost relieved he didn't come back to read the tongue lashing so many of you posted.

A person comes here and believes all the apostate crap that we used to believe. His brother has left the JWs. Good for his brother but how have your comments affected the poster if he did come back to read it.

Has it helped him think that maybe he should take a look at why his brother has chosen to leave?

Has it helped him think that maybe he should do some reading here?

Has it helped at all? What if there was a small chance he would have listened? And would have joined his brother?

What if his brother was a poster here and the poster realized that his brother came and got slammed?

Or would he be more convinced that the WTS is right and we are all foaming at the mouth apostates?

I'm just sad that so often posters here take out their anger at the WTS or elders who did them wrong and dump it on any person who comes in and has his own issues and anger.

What if it was your brother, or sister, or mother?

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Your point is well taken.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I want you to know that you have destroyed a family because of your lies about Jehovah and his organization.

This was his opening sentence Lady Lee - I did not comment too much on this thread - since when should one of Jehovahs Christian Witnesses of Gods One True Organization - attack like he did - I am glad you have taken his side , but sometimes I shake my head

If you want to stay out fine, but stop trying to take witnesses out. I could say - if you want to be a witness fine - but stop trying to take people out of the cathlolic/baptist/etc etc religion - why should it work only one way

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I agree he came and threw out his anger.

But can't we have a little compassion, a little understanding. Many of us were in his place not so long ago. I know I read some people did.

But it isn't just this one person. I see it over and over.

Throwing anger right back on him does nothing to help.

In fact throwing anger around doesn't even help the one who is throwing it. It isn't directed towards the ones who hurt us. So it can't really be healing.

It doesn't help the person we are attacking.

If anger is our way to hide our pain and his anger hides his pain how is anyone benefitting?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I hear what you are saying Lady Lee -perhaps the more compassionate members of the board should reply in future - he is obviously in shock from the DF/DAing of a family member

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    he is obviously in shock from the DF/DAing of a family member

You know stilla That is a very good point.

When you think about it he can't very well blame the elders or the organization. Even if he this the JC's actions are wrong he can't tell anyone. And there he with all this anger and hurt and mostly likely fear that his brother is going to die at the big A that he posts his anger here.

Now that thought really makes me sad.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you Lee,

You are absolutely correct. If we are going to talk about Witnesses as non loving, we are a tad

hypocritical if we are not loving to Witnesses who come to the board.

As you said, they are now what we once were; deceived, knocked about little sheep.

Please treat them the way you would like to be treated.

yesidid

• oldflame
    oldflame

Lady Lee,

I totally agree with you. I read that thread and was so disgusted with the cold bitter words from many of those that did post that I did not want to post to it. I figured it was not me to be the way others were. God only knows I too have had times where I had been attaced here at JWD and it did not make me pleased and I almost had decided to not come here any more. But damn I learn so much here and I only hope that this person does come back and does read some of the societies incorrect doctrines.

I always thought that was why we were here was to teach others about the lies of the WTBS and one thing we all needed when we came out of the borg was compassion. I find it hard to understand how people who were once kind and loving can now be so bitter and cold ? I don't think that it came from the society but rather within as I believe the mean and bitterness is a personality issue and not a religious one.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Lady Lee what about US? What about the ones who are being attacked by the Witnesses? How can you say you are here for support of people that are being disassociated, disfellowshipped, and shunned; and then give this person a chance to dig his heel into our wounds. Right now, I have a hard time feeling any compassion for any Jehovah's Witness that doesn't have compassion for me. My own child looks at me like I'm a demon. That hurts, and it's people like that poster who help keep the LIE about the religion going.

I'm happy for his brother. I'm happy that his brother found his way out, and I wouldn't want his brother to feel like I've turned my back on him by supporting that poster/his brother.

There's a lof of what ifs? But what about the ones that aren't what ifs? But who are here trying to hang on to the little bit of sanity that they have. I don't need someone to come to the board to chastise me for not being a Witness, and I don't need to be made to feel shame because I disliked what the poster said and responded in kind.

If he wants support to get out of the religion and to be with his brother, I'd gladly give it to him; but what he did was came in here and fanned the fires of many who are hurting. He's experiencing what many of us are going through now because of what his religion teaches. If he wants support, I'm sure that they are many pro-witness boards out there that will help him get through this. If he wants support from this forum, he should be more respectful of it. IMHO

I no longer believe in turning the other cheek, because I've been slapped once too many times. And you know what? They never say that they're sorry.

• gumby
    gumby

I'm not too sure that a great many here....even thoughn they've been "out" for quite some time, aren't as hurt deep inside as was the poster who started the thread. Yes, it WOULD be nice to control your emotions and aid others out who are still blind to the organisation....but many times old feelings and emotions quickly raises it's head and speaks back. Many are looking for opportunities to vent their held in feelings and do so rather too quickly at times. Sometimes it's a catch 22

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit