Was Jesus the first creation.

by ajie 221 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
    Gumby

He is exalted in the eyes of sinful men, to the glory of the Father, not in the eyes of the Father.

Here was my question and you answered in the above

In what "manner" did god exalt him? Exactly "how" did god exalt him? Jesus made a name for himself in the eyes of those who saw and knew him.....but how did the rest of the world see god exalt jesus?

Tell me I'm on drugs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. The verse is plain enough and in context with the message John is conveying. Jesus was asking His Father to restore him to the glory (the non-human nature) the Word had as creator. In this glory our Lord could then raise his executed human body as prophesied thus becoming the only Being to possess a dual nature. This dual or hypostasis nature can now be used to further the Kingdom interest and was used to do this very thing for the 40 days our Lord continued here on earth. Such use does not change history or the value of the that sacrifice and was actually authorize by God like this: Joh 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. This authorization will continue when our Lord returns once again in the flesh to rule in this Kingdom here on earth as promised. When this presence begins our Lord will be here literally and visibly not in some invisible form existing somewhere else as most teach. Joseph

• gumby
    gumby
    This authorization will continue when our Lord returns once again in the flesh to rule in this Kingdom here on earth as promised. When this presence begins our Lord will be here literally and visibly not in some invisible form existing somewhere else as most teach.

Yippi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hip hip hooray! There's gonna be a damn paradise earth after all!! Gumby......who's afraid of heights anyway.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So why did he tell Mary that he hadn't returned to the Father? Surely he wasn't just talking about a body of flesh, in that context??

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Surely he wasn't just talking about a body of flesh, in that context??

LT,

How do you know? Have you ever met an immortal human before? Do you know what their capablilites are compared to a mortal human? Christ is not the only immortal Being in the universe. But Christ is the only immortal human being to exist in the universe so far and this is what Paul was talking about when he said:

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Joseph

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

JosephMalik:

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see:

This doesn`t look like human immortality to me.

Paul also said:

2 Corinthians 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows) was caught up to the third heaven. 12:3 And I know that this man (whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, God knows) 12:4 was caught up into paradise

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    whom no man hath seen, nor can see

• gumby
    gumby
    But Christ is the only immortal human being to exist in the universe

Nuh uh!

You seem to forget Ol' Jehovah in his travels made an earthly stop back in Abrahams day when Abraham fixed him up some grub with two other angels who also ate food just before they all went down to Sodom to kick some ass on perverts. ( see Gen. Chap 18 )

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Joseph: Sorry, pal, but that sounds like a side-step. Had he returned to the Father in some form, or had he not? What is your understanding of his statement to Mary?

• gumby
    gumby
    In this glory our Lord could then raise his executed human body as prophesied thus becoming the only Being to possess a dual nature.

Who did Jacob wrestle with?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit