Was Jesus the first creation.

by ajie 221 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

AuldSoul,

They sure were with some Gentiles mixed in among them. Jews were everywhere to be found in Paul's territories as a consequence of the dispora. Where you been?

1Cor 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Joseph

• mdb
    mdb

The Greek used for firstborn is pr o totokos. This word does not mean “first-created”, which would be the word pr o toktisis.

Pr o totokos means first in rank, pre-eminent one, heir. IT IS POSITIONAL, not physical.

The Watchtower compares Jesus’ position to that of the firstborn of Pharaoh and concludes that the Son is the first one created by Jehovah. This conclusion is erronous.

Other scriptural “firstborn” (positional) examples are:

David (youngest son of Jesse): Ps 89:27 Ephraim (2nd to Manasseh): Gen 41:50,51; Jer 31:9 Ishmael & Isaac (Isaac was 13 years younger, but called the firstborn) Esau & Jacob (Jacob becomes the firstborn)

Christ is the heir (firstborn) of all things ( 1:15; Heb 1:2) & by divine right all of creation belongs to Him since Christ is also the “Maker of all things.” ( 1:16)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The Corinthian congregation was predominantly Gentile, Joseph. There were SOME Jews mixed in among them, due to the Diaspora. The very purpose of the Diaspora indicates that there would not be sufficient injection of Jews into a specific region to cause the same meddlesome problems they had caused previously. That was the purpose of the Babylonian practice.

I've been studying. You have been inventing interpretations that are not supported by history or by period literature in the languages you refer to. They seem to have only your word as support.

Are you a Jew? I ask because you keep inferring that being a Jew would help people understand better. Whether or not you are, please show PROOF of your claims regarding what Jews believed.

See, Paul's words must be confusing me because he says "flesh and blood cannot" do x. I take that to mean that...well...flesh and blood can't do whatever it is he was talking about. YOU are the one trying to assert that he DIDN'T mean what he said. You want him to have meant something other than what he said.

So, prove it. I stand by what he said until you PROVE (as opposed to state repeatedly) he meant something different.

Thanks,
    AuldSoul

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

The Corinthian congregation was predominantly Gentile,

AuldSoul,

How do you know? Did you count them? Do you know how many Jews and how many Greeks there were? No you do not. By paying attention to the doctrines being offered to Paul and how Paul used words spcifically targeted to them it can be observed rather easily that a sizable number of Jews were active in that congregation. 1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. All the proof needed from Paul's own pen. Where is your proof that such resurrection is to non-human life? Joseph

• AuldSoul
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Greek, again, Joseph. I know you have the Internet. Try www.blueletterbible.org, it's a great resource.

dia (greek) means:

1) through

a) of place

1) with

2) in

b) of time

1) throughout

2) during

c) of means

1) by

2) by the means of

2) through

a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

The seed is human???

Daggum - and there I was thinking it was of the spirit (1Cor.15:45-47)

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

LT, Too bad not not too late to change your mind LT. After introducing Adam and the last Adam he teaches that this last Adam is our life giver. And this last Adam (formally the Word we now know) was from heaven. This is basically the same thing John taught in John 1:1-14. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. But Paul goes a little farther since this man became the first immortal human being on earth. Our hope therefore is no longer in an Adam like mortal resurrection like Lazarus had but one to immortal human life like the second man (Jesus Christ ) from heaven gained for us. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. It is the image of this immortal one that we will bear. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. (second Adam the man the human being under discussion)
    Joseph

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

And again you purport to know what Paul meant and assert that he meant something different than he said. On what basis do you reinterpret his meaning? Your Jewish background? How does that qualify you regarding Greek, exactly?

AuldSoul

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

AuldSoul,

Simple, I did not deviate from the God's plan the way you do. I stayed with the message and that message is for a seed, the seed of the woman Eve the mother of everyone living, to inhabit this earth. Paul knew the story and worked Adam along with that seed into the discussion. You take words like spirit, spiritual and heavenly and go flying off into the universe and think you got it right. You think you understand words like that? Where is it taught in scripture that human beings will become non-human beings? Since when was that God's plan? Where in the story of Adam and Eve are we to find it?

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit