Was Jesus the first creation.

by ajie 221 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

Before He emptied Himself, according to Phillipians 2:6 He was in the form of...?

I hope you're not going to tell me God created God.

D Dog

• gumby
    gumby
    Before He emptied Himself, according to Phillipians 2:6 He was in the form of...?

He was in the form of god.....just like your in the form of your father. When he became human he was no longer in his dads or his former form. Simple. The scripture is talking of his humility, not that he himself was god.

Gumby

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT Calvinism can be so frustrating

The scripture is talking of his humility, not that he himself was god.

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

So you can be in the form of God and not be God? OOK

D Dog

• gumby
    gumby

DD,

If you want to go there...we can always discuss what "begotten" means.

Sooooo......'form' to you means the same as' position' does it? Now, let me ask you. Was Jesus now a better person than he was before coming to earth since he willingly came to earth? Did his sacrafice make him "better" or "more deserving" than he was before? If not, then WHY did god "exalt" him and NOW give him a name above all others and exalt him higher than the heavens? Can god "gain" or "add" to himself? God cannot earn or deserve a better position than he already had can he? Gumby

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

If you want to go there...we can always discuss what "begotten" means.

So you want to compare apples and oranges do you? Na, I don't want to change the subject. I know what "begotten" means.

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

He is exalted in the eyes of sinful men, to the glory of the Father, not in the eyes of the Father.

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Sooooo......'form' to you means the same as' position' does it?

They were before He became a man.

• gumby
    gumby
    He is exalted in the eyes of sinful men, to the glory of the Father, not in the eyes of the Father.

You could be right on that one DD....good thinkin.

In what "manner" did god exalt him? Exactly "how" did god exalt him? Jesus made a name for himself in the eyes of those who saw and knew him.....but how did the rest of the world see god exalt jesus? Was it through the hands of the bible writers and what they said about Jesus that god "exalted" him?

Why did Jesus keep his name and not return to his former name once he asended? He was Yahweh before wasn't he?....or was his name always Jesus?

I think you should come over and smoke one with me and straighten this stuff out once and for all

Gumby

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gumby

John 17:1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

In what "manner" did god exalt him? Exactly "how" did god exalt him? Jesus made a name for himself in the eyes of those who saw and knew him.....but how did the rest of the world see god exalt jesus? Was it through the hands of the bible writers and what they said about Jesus that god "exalted" him?

So now you want to talk about the Holy Spirit?

I think you should come over and smoke one with me and straighten this stuff out once and for all

LOL Deputy Dogs can't do that stuff, you'll get me into all kinds of trouble. Someday we'll do lunch on me

D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit