Chewing Gum at KH

by stillajwexelder 38 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The elders frown upon chewing gum at the Kingdom Hall and we have had a locals needs part where it was mentioned. Is/was Chewing Gum at your hall a no-no?

• xjwms
    xjwms

From what I can remember

only at the Assembly Hall

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

Is/was Chewing Gum at your hall a no-no?

yes. at least for some. i never cared though.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't remember, I don't recall
    I got no memory of anything at all
    I don't remember, I don't recall
    I got no memory of anything
    -anything at all

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Absolutley No Gum Chewing !! Didn't you know if we can't be faithful in little things we'll never be faithful in the big things . There is alot of unfaithfulness going on at my hall .

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why the "no chewing gum" rule?

• blondie
    blondie

Years ago when the KH was new. Now they don't care except after when the sisters clean just before the memorial and find a year's worth of donations.

It's one of those gnat things to deflect attention from the camels.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I was thinking of DA'ing for about 6 months before I actually did, and I took huge quiet satisfaction in getting an elder to accept a piece of chewing gum in field service. Every one else took a piece first, then I asked him once, he pretended not to hear, so I asked again. He sighed heavily, looked at me with these huge sad droopy eyes, and said "Okay Sheldon, okay."

GBL

• Tristram
    Tristram

Why are the bros. so bunged up over gum chewing? They should be happy people showed up for the meeting.

• undercover
    undercover

Gum was outlawed at the Assembly Hall. It was mentioned at every announcement at every assembly.

Gum was discouraged at the Kingdom Hall. I don't ever remember a local needs part on it, but from time to time it was mentioned during parts about caring for the hall or keeping kids in line.

I never was big on gum, but I could eat me some candy. I kept a pocketful for every meeting and all through the meeting I was popping Lifesavers, mints, etc. Never got counseled on it, even though the kids weren't allowed to have candy. I figured someone would complain that I was setting a bad example but no one bothered me about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit