Chewing Gum at KH

by stillajwexelder 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Grouper
    Grouper

When I was a kid we had a local needs about chewing gum that was the best and funniest local needs I have ever seen. A large screen TV was used to showcase a mock media report that was video taped and was going to show what happens to gum when you drop it inside or outside the KH. The kids in the hall where asked to sit at the front of because we where the targeted crowd. The media report started with the elder telling us that their was a bad report on TV about chewing gum at the hall as all the kids start watching intently the video start playing and the reporter standing in front of the hall starts his dialogue but that is as far as I remember because I had no I idea my dad was going to be the reporter and when I saw this I started laughing loudly.

Boy was that funny, but quite memorable. They actually did a really cool job with this.

• Mary
    Mary
    Richie said: My Circuit assembly is set for December 24 and 25. I guess I'm going to be taking about 87547 packs of gum, and handing it out to everyone.

You poor soul.......well, you should sneak in a Santa Claus Suit and during the intermission, change outfits and when you get to the main auditorium, start tossin' out the chewing gum along with a "ho-ho-ho....Merry Christmas everyone!"

Of course you would be tackled to the ground by 6 or 8 burly attendents but you could yell out "Hey! Don't touch Santa there---that's only for Mrs. Santa to touch me there!"

Naturally you would be DF'd on the spot and possibly stoned to death as well, but at least you'd give everyone a good laugh.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    You poor soul.......well, you should sneak in a Santa Claus Suit and during the intermission, change outfits and when you get to the main auditorium, ;start tossin' out the chewing gum along with a "ho-ho-ho....Merry Christmas everyone!"

What sucks is the fact that every resteraunt will be closed.

That is a crazy idea though

:)

• Plummet
    Plummet

They had a Local Needs at our Hall too a few years back. I remember that they used the example of a saleman and how would you respond to them if they were chewing gum like a cow. I don't remember what else was said because after that I was visualising a cow blowing bubbles.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I don't recall any counsel or talks against chewing gum. I remember the problem of gum disposal though. We had counsel on where not to put your gum in at least one local needs talk.

We had one of those nail clippers too. He wasn't a brother, though. He was an UBM. So nobody ever corrected him.

Cellist

• delilah
    delilah

Now Mary......don't be putting ideas into Richie's head, that he may not have already thought of...HOWEVER....Richie, if you do take Mary's advice...PLEASE post the pics......

Delilah....(of the Always chewed gum in the KH, class)
  • stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

BIG NO NO!

We must of had a local needs talk on that damn subject at least once a month.

To this day I still don't understand what the big deal was. They always claimed the gum would show up on chairs and stuff but I never found any!

• Soledad
    Soledad

yeah that was kind of a big thing too in our area, but every Sunday you could still smell the doublemint gum as it was being chewed.

I remember 1 CO had secretly videotaped a section of the attendees at a circuit assembly. Almost everyone was chewing gum and many were sound asleep. It was a funny video to watch!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do know one or two COs and their wives who chew gum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit