Chewing Gum at KH

by stillajwexelder 38 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Hi to all!

Yep. GUM WAS A BIG NO NO AT OUR HALL. AND ASSEMBLIES. People basically did what they wanted. Just chewed sparingly and kept their mouth shut.

This organization controls EVERY aspect of a person's life. Is their any area of a person's life that they don't have something to say about??

At our Hall, a brother was assigned to FOLLOW the kids when they went to get a drink of water or to the bathroom and if they were naughty he would take them to their parents. We told him to f*** off - we'll take care of our own kids.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I have to chew gum at the KH to stay awake.

Big Red is the gum of choice, but that new tangerine Orbit has its foot in the door of flavor.

At the assembly hall, there is a strict NO GUM EVER rule. So I bust out lifesavers. One time, I came back from Lunch chewing gum, and got tapped by an attendant. That was embarassing as hell for my mother.

My Circuit assembly is set for December 24 and 25. I guess I'm going to be taking about 87547 packs of gum, and handing it out to everyone. At least the attendant will have something to do.

• undercover
    undercover

Getting "tapped" for chewin gum....oh, that attendant would be embarrased when I told him to stick his finger up his ass and see if there's any gum up in there.

Was that in Salisbury, RR? That place is run like a Nazi underground bunker.

• juni
    juni

You go underground Snoopy!

I agree with your statement. Anyone tap me on the shoulder about that they should expect to get their finger nipped!

Where is Salisbury, RR?? What is RR? Juni~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• undercover
    undercover

Salisbury, NC. There's an assembly hall there.

RR is RichieRich, who posted above me.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

richie please come to chat room

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

RR is only the chillest, most realest ApostaBoy ever.

And Saulisbury is another Million dollar facility in Western NC that has been disquised as an assembly hall.

• La Capra
    La Capra

My mom ALWAYS chews gum at meetings. And ALWAYS at assemblies, too. My mom really can't survive her existence without moving her mouth (and since she can't talk all the way through meetings and assemblies, chew gum she must...)

I myself left in 1987, so maybe the gum rules weren't so heavily enforced in my area, then. But, I know if I were told to remove my gum, the following would have happened. First, I would spit it out in the annoying enforcer's face, and secondly I would promptly replace it with twice as much gum as was previously in my mouth. Third, I would ask the annoying enforcer if he would like some more...

Faithful in a little...what a load of hooey.

Shoshana

• jgnat
    jgnat

Our congregation got a 'special needs' talk regarding proper disposal of diapers and the like after a sewer backup flooded the hall.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

of course, as was spitting your fingernails onto the carpet.......try getting those out of the carpet.........worse than staples!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit