Are their Any benifits to Churchgoing....even if you disbelieve?

by gumby 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

msjones, The same thing lies underneath the churches that lie underneath the WTS.

mainly DIRT

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol

• gumby
    gumby

MrsJonesin...I sorry if'n I embarrassed ya

GBL,

They serve bagels and Starbucks before and after service.

Sweet, I'm in! Praise Jesus-ah!

GBL

Yeah, but you gotta put money in a box or you'll look like a dadgum sneaky apostate bastard.

Gumby

• oldflame
    oldflame

Ya don't have to put any cash in any box at the church I go tooooooo ya gumbastard...

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I know of more dubs that have died while at "church service." A governing body member collapsed on stage I believe....was it swingle? I don't believe that statement you heard to be true.....but I DO believe you heard it

No surprise there. If you're in "church" 5 hours a week, as opposed to 40 minutes a week, statistically it greatly increases your chances of dying there.

• gumby
    gumby

Fairchild,

No surprise there. If you're in "church" 5 hours a week, as opposed to 40 minutes a week, statistically it greatly increases your chances of dying there.

40 minutes?!!!! Which church did you go to? I see churches in christendom with more activities than the dubs in some places. They never seem to shut down......like the YMCA or sumthin.

OldFlame....you promise to cover for me if they ever want any dough?

Gumby

• Carmel
    Carmel

hey, in the winter on the coast, it's someplace to get in out of the rain! Rather do a pool hall though!

carmel

• oldflame
    oldflame

Gumballs,

Know don't I alway's cover for a friend in need ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Mrs.Jones....get your mind out of the gutter. Your still thinkin about that love line you said you had on your belly in another thread and you just want to see if they have one too......doncha?

Gumby

ah I see youre curious? sorry but no one gets to see the love line but the hubby.

Josie ~ it takes a lot to embarass me

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yes social aspects are important. However, can you really socialize with people that want to talk to you about something you don't believe in without feeling uncomforable. And if you arent there to discuss faith then perhaps you should be meeting somewhere else.

I find a couple fundamental churchgoing reasons stem from assuaging a guilty conscience of derriving some sense of hope. If you dont believe that you are a sinner then there is no need to feel guilty or to repent. And if you don't believe how can you be comforted.

Therefore I think there are benefits to church, for believers. And social benefits more easily achieved elsewhere for non-believers, without the unwanted side effects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit