Do you believe that Religion benefits mankind?

by jeanniebeanz 50 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Sure religion is a good thing-It's been said that it's an invention by the rich and powerful to keep the poor man from killing them.

peace,

Moshe

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In some research that i read about cults it said that a large percentage of people are followers and on leaving one cult risk going to another one. If their were no religions where would they all go? Amway?

• defd
    defd

The Religion that PRACTICES what the bible teaches is a benefit to mankind.

D.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I wonder which one that could be defd???

• defd
    defd

Jw

I would have to say JWS. The ones who are actually practicing what is been taught by Jehovah.

D.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What does defd mean, I used to think it was short for DisFellowshippeD, until i realised the e was in the wrong place, and that you are actually very pro JW?

• defd
    defd

Def D is a nick name that I grew up with. It was my gang name.

D.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Def D, sounds like a rapper name. ex Gang member, sounds like being a JW made some great improvements in your life.
    That is the big question I face. I don't believe the doctrine anymore and think being a JW is damaging to some people. But I also believe it benefits some people greatly. Is it my place to show them what i think are the flaws of WTS culture, or could I then be reprehensible for taking away something that was of benefit regardless?
    I always wonder how you personally keep your faith despite all the comments that you read on this board?

• TopHat
    TopHat
    I would have to say JWS. The ones who are actually practicing what is been taught by Jehovah.

D.

D, There is evidence to prove that the JWS does not practice what is written in the Bible, but instead practice what is written by the WTS and the GB.

I don't have to go into detail....you have seen the proof right here on the discussion board.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

defd, serious question, no disrespect intended. Are you for real or are you just messin' with us?

I mean here you are on an apostate message board in deep conversations with rabid atheists like myself. Hell, after my 'Jesus was a liar' topic I'm even prepared to accept the title of Antichrist!

(1 John 2:22) 22Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.

So really, who are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit