Christians - Can you Ever Lose your Salvation?

by gumby 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Littletoejam,

I believe that the marriage arrangement is a covenant "here below" that shadows the covenant "above". Hence once we enter into that "spiritual" marriage it's binding. God doesn't divorce, would seem to be the biblical message, as further evidenced with his dealings with Israel.

What if a person questions the whole bible deal, then in his/her heart they cannot accept it any longer as truth, ...yet at onetime they were married in christ?........I mean reeeeeeally married? Can you leave? Would it be better to stay....or leave it? Now there's a toughie.

Gumbaffoon

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't think that Jesus falls into the category of an abusive spouse, do you?

For those who enter into such a "marriage" any neglect or adultery is usually on their own part, at which I believes he gives them space to work it all out. Meanwhile the door remains open and the "certificate" valid, as I think that "bills of divorce" are more based on "Mosaic Law" than "grace".

• defd
    defd

Yes. It even says so in the bible. not a very hard question to answer.

D.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derrick:Where does it say so?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Eager eyes are watching in keen anticipation to Derrick's answer!

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Derrick,

Yes. It even says so in the bible. not a very hard question to answer.

It seems that many here confuse the words.....Stumble, Fall, Shrink back, way of destruction, and such, as meaning a loss of salvation.

Warnings from bible writers in discussing their hope being lost use words such as .."Beware" as if to say if you fall you'll never rise again.

So far in this thread I have seen more scripture to substantiate eternal salvation over the loss of it.

So then......would you say a dub has a fighting chance in hell to make it? After all, they are sincere to the point of death in what they believe. Does it matter to christ that they are sincere?

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

So then......would you say a dub has a fighting chance in hell to make it? After all, they are sincere to the point of death in what they believe. Does it matter to christ that they are sincere?

Gumby

My answer to that is ---Scripture leads us to believe they will not get a resurrection BUT!!!! I Personally believe- When it tells us GOD is reading hearts!!!! HE KNOWS what is in the heart of a person.May be they DID believe Jesus was LORD in their hearts no matter what they were TOLD to think-Maybe at the last moment also - they spoke to Jesus ... So when it say "if you confess with your mouth Jesus is LORD & believe in your heart God raised him from the dead!!! You WILL be saved" Most JWS know He was raised from the dead.,so if at the last moment of their life they confessed to Jesus ( Oh Jesus I love you) I GRACE GOUGH!!!! MY OWN OPINION!!!!!! thinks this

• gumby
    gumby

Mouthy....if you don't quit thinkin bout sleepin with Tom Jones and usin the word "balls"... you ain't gettin in either and then I'll be up there with no granny! The only thing I'll have is uncle Freddie F. and uncle Joe R. Now I'm having second thoughts. Please please clean up your act before it's too late....K?

Gumgrandkid

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    So far in this thread I have seen more scripture to substantiate eternal salvation over the loss of it.

prob'ly because the NT abounds with texts to substantiate it!

Here's another for the collection! Note how it combines the words "called" with "chosen":

"They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers" - Revelation 17:14 (NIV)

Rather than christianity being a faith 'learned', as if the individual's own effort earns the salvation (a la the Dubs), it's presented as God himself taking the action in doing the calling and choosing. Praise God that He brought us out of the Borg's dense darkness!

BTW Grumbles old son, I applaud your thread - you're doing good, real good!

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Gumby!!!! Well dreaming of Tommy --- aint against Gods law!!!( the bible says old men with dream dreams! I cant help it if I am mannish! ) & saying balls!!! is acceptable -you see I was THINKING of rubber ones when I said it.... So my darling adopted grandson!!!! my name IS written in the book of life --I know because JESUS told me....so put THAT in your pipe& smoke it
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))XX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit