Christians - Can you Ever Lose your Salvation?

by gumby 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oldflame
    oldflame

Gumby,

I am not so sure if smoking weed is a sin. read

Genesis 1: 29 say's : Then God said, "I give you every seed bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. That tells me that every plant has it's use and it is for us to use as God instructed Adam to do.

And robdar is not a hussy !!!!!!! I'll beat you .............................................up

on the golf course for that

• gumby
    gumby

How does a christian who believes their salvation CANNOT be lost, rectify the sin against the Holy Spirit?

Many pastors, theologians, etc., have turned atheist. Do these ones LOSE their salvation since they were full blooded christians at one time?

Gumby

• Ianone
    Ianone

Universalism ends up defeating itself. Pretty soon it breaks down to nothing and all you are left with is a Relatavist void of nothingness.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Sinning against the Holy Spirit is called Blasphemy and that is unforgiveable

• carla
    carla

What about people who are/have been 'spritually abused'? No offense intended, but I think all jw's and others of cults or high control groups have been. What about them? What about the poor shmucks on some island somewhere, that missionaries (pick a demonination, it doesn't matter) who actually were boiled or burned, those who wouln't accept? If I saw my loved ones tortured in such a way, I can assure you , I could never believe in such a 'god'. Don't you think God could understand this? Would that not be 'righteous anger'? yet they could do nothing and did nothing in retaliation.

Partly, I guess I am putting upon you my own husbands thoughts so maybe I am too skewed to answer properly, Is your concern other people more so than yourself? Where exactly is you emphasis? my concern for others isn't to tell them where they are going wrong but as Christian it should be so they come to KNOW Christ (not have accurate knowledge as these are two different things) Sorry, I'm not yelling at you, it does look like it. It is a concept that seem totally foreign to my husband. He absolutley cannot comprehend this concept.

If your are a Christian, Hindu, Budda, Catholic, whatever, you ARE going to continue to sin. It is part of the human condintion. That is one of the few things you can count on in life, right along with having to breathe, pay taxes and die.

• gumby
    gumby
    Universalism ends up defeating itself

Yeah, there's always gotta be a good guy and a bad guy. We can't have evryone being the cowboys. If there ain't no indians to shoot at, it takes out all the fun.

Gumby

• carla
    carla

You do understand that Universalist do not necessarily believe in God or the Bible right? You can even me a 'minister' in Universilist and not believe any of it. It is not a requirement.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

That is interesting Gumby I have been reading a bit about that myself...

No, Christians does not have a free licence to sin, once we accept Christs sacrifice on the cross we become God's children, and this even involves Fatherly disciple from the Father as mentioned in Hebrews 12

I also heard somewhere that if you have been a christian all your life but at the last minute you turn against God and reject him and his grace everything you did gets forgotten

The Catholic Church believes in Purgatory, eversince no sinful being can enter heaven you get purged in purgatory before you enter heaven.

You go through this while on Earth and is completed in purgatory, you could view purgatory as the gateway to heaven.

Of cause you are still forgiven and going to heaven, you just have to go through this process first.

So if you live life sinning and not having a care in the world, God will correct you, he focuses on our eternal salvation.

Mortal Sin

1. Grave matter

2. Full consent in doing it

3. Full awareness of it.

they are the three conditions of mortal sin, a christian must confess and repent especially if the sin is mortal.

God sent prophets to the city of Israel in the OT urging for them to repent and turn from their ways, thus resulting in destruction and punishment eversince they would not repent. They broke their covenant with him. So thats an example set to us today.

Evanescence

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    how many scriptures are there that show Satan doing bad things? How many scriptures are there showing Jehovah doing bad things? Jehovah wins!

Ding! Now that's a 'lightbulb moment FHN.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Yeah, there's always gotta be a good guy and a bad guy. We can't have evryone being the cowboys. If there ain't no indians to shoot at, it takes out all the fun.

in gumb-jesus' name, amen.

according to what i know of jesus, that best jesus of all jesus', i know that i have salvatiuon coming to me whether any xians here on earth, including you Ianone and Shinning One, have a problem with it. i can do whatever i want, and i know jesus loves me. this jesus, and what he stands for, is paramount to everything else, all the bad shit. he essentially came, said sorry, and said it's all good, and said he would come back someday.

okay, fine, i get this liberal xianity. i dig it. i like it better than fundamentalism.

there's just that little issue of whether he exists at all.

so, in the end, it all doesn't matter. as far as you and i are concerned, we all may be sharing heaven with adolf freaking hitler and ghengis khan, OR, there may be nothing, nothing, nothing after we die. either way, i'm living my life however freaking disgustingly i want.

and if rex and ianone are right, then 60 or 70 years of living it up on this planet is worth an eternity of being raped by a hell-hot fire poker.

do i think xians, or anyone else for that matter, can lose their "salvation"?

no. no i don't.

sincerely,

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit