Howdy

by serendipity 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

TopHat, sometimes I have trouble getting down to what your protest is. I know the godsquad link is from the source I provided. Yes, lots of churches, religions, and charities accept donations. I don't have a problem with this. Do you?

It does bother me when a site won't cough up it's information unless I register (with a small donation, of course). I understand that some of these sites can't continue to upgrade or improve without funds, but I still like the freedom of the 'net to browse and learn. The godsquad site does provide a neat, concise explanation of inductive bible study without asking anything else from the reader.

I saw they also take donations of real property, hence the question I posed to you.

And, no, the question still doesn't make sense. Every religion, church, charity has it's own guidelines regarding accepting donations. People are free to give or not.

• telltruth
    telltruth

welcome Serendipity........telltruth

• TopHat
    TopHat

My protest is: And I haven't found one yet that doesn't ask for money in the name of God. With promises that your donation will be spent on spreading the word of God and so and so on. When in reality we really don't know what our donation is spent on in the church or any other religion. Unless of course you are the money handler.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Welcome Serendipity

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Freedom lover,

My daughter is 16. I didn't indoctrinate her too badly, and she's a smart, questioning girl. As she asks questions, I give her the Biblical answer and also add the WTS 'suggestions' she hears at meetings. I always present them as suggestions rather than laws or commandments. I use the scripture "we must obey God as ruler rather than man" quite frequently after hearing an elder present his opinion as gospel. Because she's still in school, she still has some respect for authority. I see that's slowly starting to change. I think her eyes are opening up with the latest discussions on higher education. That's a good thing.

• Country_Woman
  • forsharry
    forsharry

Welcome aboard matey!

Welcome to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time and i'll be happy to see those great big men with their big white coats and they're coming to take me away HA HAAAAAA......!

Forsharry (Of the Straight-Jacket Class)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi jgnat, thanks for the suggestions. I do use a notebook at the meetings, taking note of interesting points and scriptures and my reactions. Since my daughter sits by me, I have to look like I'm paying attention. Really, I feel sorry for most speakers, so I try to show interest.

Hi prophecor, after lurking for a year, I have some favorites - I've really appreciate your frank and honest posts.

Hi Tij - I'm going to have to figure out how to listen to your song.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've had more greetings here in two days than I've had at the KH all year.

peace and love to all,

~serendipity~

• serendipity
    serendipity

Sorry, poppers, didn't mean to ignore you. I've never seen the movie. I'll have to check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit