Howdy

by serendipity 38 Replies latest jw friends

• david_10
    david_10

"Howdy" yourself ---------------------I'm from Texas, too. Welcome, and good luck on the journey.

David

• chrissy
    chrissy

hi serendipity,

well pull up a chair and stay awhile, friend. and dont worry, you wont be ignored here. :o)

good luck on your spiritual journey. enjoy the ride.

• Es
    Es

welcome serendipity great name.

Enjoy your stay

look forward to hearing more from you

es

• prophecor
    prophecor

If you've been lurking for over a year, you must know some of us rather well, looking to getting to know you. Welcome! Art

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome serendipity! I disassociated myself 3 months ago and what a journey it's been! This forum will provide you with lots of good information as well as a place to share what you're going through as things move along. Enjoy.
    tall penguin

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, serendipity. I'm ignored too. I'm the "unbelieving mate" of an active JW. I have a couple of suggestions that hopefully help you on your new spiritual path.

• Write down your thoughts and discoveries here. Having a VOICE here was so liberating for me.
    • Bring a blank notebook with you to the meeting. Tune out the talk and write down whatever interests you. That helped me tune out the grinding, negative messages at the hall. Besides, all your note-taking makes you look extra-spiritual.
    • Try the inductive bible study method, taking a section of bible verse and applying it to your life, personally. http://www.godsquad.com/squadroom/discipleship/inductive.htm This will awaken your independent, critical thinking skills and help you establish your own foundation for faith.

Oh yes, to reduce the grinding repetitive reading of the watchtower articles, try reading the question first then underlining the answer. And again, during the review, pull out your blank notebook and write about whatever you want.

• daystar
    daystar

Another from TX! Woohoo!!

Glad to have you here.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

My wife came home from the meeting yesterday and told me all of three people, that send their hello's

and to think I'm only a phone call away.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Welcome, Serendipity!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i have a song called serendipity

[email protected]

so welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit