Remember when I said I................................

by defd 38 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Oh by the way, I wanted to acknowledge that lily changed her avatar.

D.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Don't forget the meetings...remember the Internet is EVIL

• defd
    defd

TOP Hat The internet is not evil. It is what you DO with it that can make it bad. Right?

D.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Derrick,

There's a very fun games your kids might enjoy called ToonTown http://toontown.com It's a 3-D multi-player game for kids. They can talk to each other, but only through "speedchat" -- pre-built phrases that they can pick from. So your kids are safe playing, even if there's some freak out there playing. It is impossible for anybody to mess your kids up with the game, and it's SO fun.

Zach loves it. (And so does Gina. And do I!)

Free to try, give it a go. (Ya need broadband internet, don't bother trying on dialup!)

Dave

• defd
    defd

Thanks almost.

Ill try it. I think im gonna get dsl.

D.

• TopHat
    TopHat

TOP Hat The internet is not evil. It is what you DO with it that can make it bad. Right?

D.

Right, the Internet can be useful, but only if you are a farmer in India

• defd
    defd

Top Hat. What is your story if you dont mind sharing. I do not know you that well.

D.

• horrible life
    horrible life

defd, I got a Dell 1 1/2 years ago. Had a home made one before that. I love it!! BUT Did you get the maintance package? Mine has broken 2 times, and all has been paid for completely. I even have a mother board that they shipped, and the service guy didn't have to use it, and told me to just keep it.

Anybody want to buy a mother board (whatever that is) Maintance package is well worth it. DSL rocks. HL

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Enjoy your dell. I love my dell laptop.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Top Hat. What is your story if you dont mind sharing. I do not know you that well.

D.

I have shared bits and pieces here and there on this discussion board of how and why I became a JW but to make a long story short....I remember reading in 1967 and hearing about the JWs in Malawi who were being killed and tortured because of being told by the WTS they cannot buy a 25 cent government card. I remember praying for those brothers and sisters. I remember sheding tears for them. I was very young then and in total shock that a government could be so cruel to it's own people. What I didn't know at the time was that this God awful WTS organisation was at the same time allowing the Mexican brothers to BRIBE officals for a card telling the Mexican government they had been in the military service for a year, when in fact they had NOT. I see a double standard by the WTS and as far as I am concerned I see Blood on the hands of the WTS for the killing of the Malawi JWs. Plus the Pedophile issue and the hypocrisy of the UN membership for 10 years. .......This is not something I can see that Jehovah will approve of from what I read in the scriptures. DO YOU?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit