Where did God go??

by fairchild 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kaput
    Kaput
    But to me, the journey towards knowledge of God or no God is rather annoying, it never seems to end.

That's about the size of it.

You've been given some good advice in this thread. Take time to reflect on it. Over time, you'll come to your own conclusions. So don't stress --- chill, or you might develop A-Fib or somethin'.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    If I am really honest with myself, I think that the reason why I have not done that so far is because it will take away any hope of (or belief in) a life hereafter. I am not quite ready for that.

Dear Fairchild, silently inquire and investigate into the depths of the LIFE which is NOW, and watch your concerns and fears of "hereafter" fade away.

j

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I have not seen anything in my lives that shows me that anything intelligently made was not made by someone that evolved to attain that intellect from very simple universal stuff. there is no reason to suspect that it was ever different as far as I can tell....

to think that a being who had no one to learn from and nothing to learn could just magically have the intellect to be able to make intricate design without some form of evolutionary trial and error as the universe seems to have performed seems just silly.

• poppers
    poppers

Where did God go? "Who" is asking the question? This is not meant to be a facetious question, but rather to be a prompt to you to honestly investigate and find out. In the examination of "what" one is in actuality, one is faced with challenging one's long-held beliefs about what "God" is. Perhaps "God" is present with you now, but he is not being seen because 'beliefs' are clouding your vision.

Without reverting to beliefs of any kind, what is here now and always? What is it that lets you know that you exist, feels the emotions, notices all thought, and looks out of your eyes without labeling or judging anything? What is the stillness that sits at the core of your being and watches all else dance in celebration; what is the silence within that embraces all the noisy activity around you; what is it that touches everything with a feather of "knowingness" before the mind comes in and twists things to its own end?

When you notice/realize what "this" is, then look in the mirror - the mirror on the wall as well as what is showing up on the mirror of awareness which is streaming out of your eyes at this very moment. Then "God" will take on a new meaning which cannot be put into words. This 'knowledge' of God will arise out of your direct experience rather than come to you in some second hand fashion, and which has morphed into beliefs to be argued and fought over.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Not all suffering is bad, suffering can be a blessing in disguise. Disasters like Earthquakes and Hurricanes brings the world closer together and the people become stronger and learn more about brotherhood.

Like the Tsmarmi appeal that happened at the end of 2004 and the start of this year I feel did bring everone closer together and the world was more awakened by their surroundings and it was a sort of a reminder to many others of the blessings they do have in their lives.

In all good conscience, I need to disagree with that. The people of the world have countless ways of growing closer together. A natural disaster should not be one of them. Even if it ultimately brings people closer together, I still call a natural disaster a bad thing. Even if it takes the life of just one person, it is still bad. We've seen the tsunami, we've seen earthquakes, we've seen the recent hurricanes, but if any sense of brotherhood came out of it, it won't last. I am not trying to sound pessimistic here, just stating a fact..

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I understand what you mean Fairchild... and a death is sure sad.

You would find that those other ways would have less of an effect, people may be ignorant and not care.

Like in the old testament with the city of Israel God sent prophets and called for them to repent but they did not so in the end he had to use disaster to get them to be aware of the situation.

I believe that we all have our purpose in life and have our "hour" when we die... thats why act such as suicide is considered very much a violation eversince you chose your own time to die.

I'm sure many religions teach somthing along the lines of that.... like the other day my sisters friend died, she was walking along the beach and all of a sudden she just dropped dead there was nothing wrong with her health... she just died So maybe its to do with the time sort of destiny of death.

Thats just my little theory anyways....

Remember it was God that gave us life.... he is known as the God of life, not the God of death.

Evanescence

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

"Thank you for calling Reality. We're sorry, but God has just stepped out of the office momentarily, or is with another customer. Please leave a message after the beep, or press 0 for Satan."

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    "Thank you for calling Reality. We're sorry, but God has just stepped out of the office momentarily, or is with another customer. Please leave a message after the beep, or press 0 for Satan."

Shouldn't it be dial 666 for Satan? Evanescence

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I believe that we all have our purpose in life and have our "hour" when we die... thats why act such as suicide is considered very much a violation eversince you chose your own time to die.

Personally I believe that suicide is included in our destined hour to die. I don't think we "choose". I don't think we ever have a choice regarding the hour of our death, just like we don't have a choice regarding the hour of our birth. Just my thoughts..

Shouldn't it be dial 666 for Satan?

LMAO!!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Personally I believe that suicide is included in our destined hour to die. I don't think we "choose". I don't think we ever have a choice regarding the hour of our death, just like we don't have a choice regarding the hour of our birth. Just my thoughts..

I find that when you feel suicidal its more when you are pressed down by a great deal of adversity, I and many of my friends have been through that path.

But I am glad I chose life over death, because later on your life starts to improve, its all about enduring through adversities. You look back and glad that you did not suicide. Healing does take time and of cause is definatly not an overnight job.

Everyone has a purpose in life, and suicide is only fullfilling the devils wish as he wants us dead, he doesn't want us to fullfill our lives purpose, so anything to stop us he will do, we don't need to take our suffering into our own hands, we can entust them to God. I made a thread here that you may be interested in looking at, http://www.christianforums.com/t2321567 I hope that helps Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit