THIS JUST IN: CHRISTMAS has been CANCELLED this winter.

by Oroborus21 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

FLASH--NOVEMBER 16, 2005, Peoria, Il.

Instead of Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah (or Chanukah), Kwanza, etc.all merchants are to use a generic term instead. No use of Santa, a Nativity Scene or any Christian or other religious symbolage may be used in store displays, on advertising on upon product packaging. Use instead nondescript wintry animals, snowflakes and candycanes to signify the Holiday Season.

The committee on political correctness is expected to issue a final ruling by Friday on whether "Festivus" may be used.

-Merchants for Appropriate Designations

---------

Even though Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, I am outraged by the blatant anti-religious sentiment in the commercial sector.

I love Coca-Cola but this winter I will be refusing to buy any Coca-Cola products that do not contain the words "Merry Christmas" on them or have a picture of Satan, I mean Santa. I will likewise not be shopping at any store that does not have "Merry Christmas" spray painted with fake-snow on the windows or in some other such fashion. I urge everyone who cares to do the same.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Just this morning our bank's vice president announced that we are no longer allowed to decorate the branch for Christmas/Chanukka or any other holiday.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Didn't CocaCola invent the red-coated Santa a century ago?

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

oooo

I LOVED Fesitvus on Seinfeld...we even had a fesitvus pole one year (that big roll thing from our carpet)

HAPPY HUMAN LIGHT DAY!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    sass_my_frass: Didn't CocaCola invent the red-coated Santa a century ago?

That is so odd! We've been waiting for his arrival on a yearly basis ever since, too...maybe he is Jesus and the JWs just need to believe...

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Sassmyfrass,

Yes. the ads from Coke 74 years ago established the traditional rosy cheeked barrel chested bearded Santa though of course St. Nick, Father Christmas, etc. and Santa himself long existed in various cultures.

Coke has said that there will be some Santas on in-store displays but not on the cans this year. Coke initially denied eliminating Santa this year but has since admitted that they are going with the Polar bear only on this years cans and no Merry Christmas. Coke has said that they will probably bring Santa back next year because it will be the 75th Anniversary.

-ed

• glitter
    glitter

This is dumb.

(Coca Cola did *not* invent the modern image of Santa though. Snopes article.)

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Christmas is when the ghost of Jesus Christ rises from his grave to drink the blood of the living. So we sing Christmas Carols to lull him back to sleep for another year.
    Right?

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Political correctness gone mad!

It's hitting the UK too - apparently certain boroughs of London aren't allowed 'Christmas lights', but they can have 'Winter lights' instead.

Many ethnic community leaders were interviewed about this - they're take on the matter is WTF!! "We know they're Christmas lights, it doesn't offend us - celebrate how you want "

Political Correctness is ruining the world!

Bull!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Political correctness gone mad!

It's hitting the UK too

Absolutely! It is galling, sickening and just damn daft! We're now being TOLD what we can and cannot celebrate - and this the happiest time of the year and where good will to all men abounds. Well, we'll certainly be making the most of Christmas in our house. Better hang on to our Christmas decorations for as long as possible. At this rate they'll become extremely rare because some political correctness twits will have them being banned from outside (and even inside) one's own home next!

Really, is it any wonder people become xenophobic. The poor foreigner, who probably loves to join in the festivities as much as anyone (in fact, I know they do - at least around here), is being blamed for the celebrations having to be toned down to suit him. The world's gone mad (only don't tell the JWs because they've been saying that since 1870. Or was that 1914? Or 1925? 1975? - Offers?).

IanOf the Christmas pagan class and loving it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit