I may have sealed my fate.....

by atypical 36 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

I had a similar experience. I explained pretty much the same things you did to my mom, a long time dub. By the end of the conversation she agreed with me and said "I can't believe I've wasted 30 years of my life on this."

The next day she rethought (actually got scared) and retreated. That was a year ago and she's still going strong preaching. My dad is an elder(as was I) and they both met with other elders to discuss what I'd said. They seemed to decide that although my thoughts went against theirs and seemed apostate, I wasn't really a rebel because of my continued love for all of them. My dad told me they said they didn't know what to do with me as they couldn't find anything I'd really done wrong. (sounds like Pontious Pilate)

It wasn't until recently when I moved in with my girlfriend that I actually got removed , or whatever it is they now do.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

i remember being asked about whether or not I believe that God is using the faithful and discreet slave class today, and that the fds is the governing body of the society or something like that. So,,,, I told them I have been researching it, and have found no proof from anyone about it other than their sayso so if they have more proof I would sure like to have it so that it could solidify my belief structure and ensure more belief in the society. They as usual were a little bit set back from this, and quickly changed tactics, w/o answering my question. So I went rigfht back to it, other than the society's say so, what proof exists that they are that Faithful and discreet Slave they talk so much about being? Again, there was no real respone, other than to say that the society knows they are, and their growth shows that, So I told them that Scientology started in the late 50's early 60's and now has 10,000,000 members. How can we say that growth is an indicator of Jehovah's blessing when after 131 years or so we only have 6 million plus members, and yet this religion only 40 years or so and they have 10 million members, who is really being blessed by Jehovah here? You could have heard a pin drop in a deep carpet it was so quiet. They again tried to change the subject and I let them. They went to Matt. about teacfhing and baptizing in the name of the father, son, and holy (oops excuse me) gods active force and didnt I believe that this was a commission from God for us to go out in service. I replied no it wasnt, as that commission was only given to the 11 apostles still existing at that time, and that they should read all of that chapter of the bible and not just a verse or two. So i asked them a question, if Jesus said that all nations would see him arriving on the clouds, in Matt and Rev, why do they say that he would had arrived invisibly?? Who is going to have it right Jesus or the Society????? They left shortly there after and of course couldnt satisfactorily answer the question.

• atypical
    atypical

That's funny, because I have sort of taken the same tack with my family. My mother really tried to get into a discussion with me, and I told her that if she could just give me some kind of reason to believe that the watchtower is god's chosen organization, it would help me to deal with my doubts and make me want to be active again. She tried valiantly; used the increase in numbers (what increase, I know), to which I mentioned tobacco companies with their huge success; she used the ministry thing, I pointed out the entire branch of Christianity called "Evangelical", and so on. After that, she dropped it and never brought the subject up again, and in fact has not even acted as though we had that conversation.

• Now What?
    Now What?

atypical, I feel for you bro. It's tough when family & friends are at stake in the whole thing. I went around and told folks of the possibly and told them I would still love them anyways, regardless of how they treat me. Lo and behold, the ones important to me said they would still treat me the same as before. It seems that many of the congs are starting to lose a grip on obedience to the df rules. What does your wife say about it?

Keep us posted!

• atypical
    atypical

My wife, who is hardcore jw, just laughed when I told her the basic story. She said, 'do you really think he wants to tell the elders you guys were drinking too much and speaking against the truth?' She also said, 'Do you think he said anything he doesn't want you to repeat?'

I had to admit that was true. The part she doesn't understand is the extent of what I said that could be considered "apostate". But, my friend did tell me some other personal stuff I'm sure he wouldn't want me to repeat, so that may keep him from talking. I think probably if nothing else, he will tell other witnesses in private that I have "apostate" views and that will eventually get around.

Well, I will give updates if there are any.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

This is the new method I am using.

Recently I had an elder bring around a CO and they wanted to talk with me. I was as brief as possible and just said I would rather not talk right now and closed the door. It was a line they couldn't much argue with and they left. I didn't give them any fuel, nor did I may any other excuses , nor put the energy in trying to defend myself . I think I will just keep saying this whenver they try to contact me. It will drive them crazy, because they won't have anything on me. I will refuse to answer any of their questions or play any of their WT games. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter what I say. I could be Jesus Christ himself and they would find fault, so why even try. I can see why in the bible story (though I am not really a bible believer anymore) Jesus refused to speak to the religious leaders--they didn't want to listen--they had their own agenda. same old story..

Good luck,

cybs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Tell the Elders he was very drunk and icapapble of really understainding you. Tell the Elders how you have been tormented because you want him to confess to his fornications and you feel like a traitor turning him in. Tell the Elders you would feel like a traitor if you did not turn him in.

They have lied to you. Just use their own theocrapic strategy against them. Actually in the book of Proverbs there is a verse that says the one who gets his story in first has the advantage: TURN HIM IN. Of course it could hold up your fade too much...

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit