I may have sealed my fate.....

by atypical 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard
    It's up to you, of course, but without two witnesses, they got nuthin'. Just deny you said it. You were both drinking, maybe he misunderstood.

Lying to liars about telling the truth about lies. There's a certain magic to it, eh? ;-)

Dave

I second that motion.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

You might be able to use the two-witness rule, but you could also be accused of "loose conduct" or "promoting a sect" and I dunno if two witnesses need be used in such a circumstance. I feel for folks like you who just wanna fade and carry on a normal life without fear of reprisal from a bunch of jagoffs.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

It all depends on your friend, atypical. Does he get diarrhea of the mouth? If so you'll be getting a call from the elders. If not, then no worries.

Lying to liars about telling the truth about lies. There's a certain magic to it, eh? ;-)

I like that Dave, too funny.

I faded from the truth lies years ago. I used to worry about getting disfellowshipped and how it would affect my relationship with my mother. Lately I've found that I worry less and less about it. If it happened now I dont think it would bother me the least. Of course everyone's situation is unique.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe there is a time for lying. You could tell them that it was the booze talking, not you. Or, you could claim amnesia cuz of the booze, then laugh your head off if they repeat what your friend said to them (if he does so). To them getting drunk once in a while isn't that big of a nono.

Total honesty is great too. But, it's your family, your friends, so wiegh which is more important, keeping your honesty, or keeping your family. My thoughts.

S

• clear2c
    clear2c

I never felt any inclination to CONFESS my sins to anyone. What makes people go to the elders and say that they have had an affair or that they are lezbians or whatever. What compels you after you watch a steady stream of people leave the "backroom" in tears NEVER to regain their status in the kingdomhall Is it the fact you got caught? or is it that you trust MEN with your repentance.. how can any imperfect man DECIDE when you are repentant do they have a repent-O-meterĀ©? And isn't the fact that you admit to the sin ENOUGH to signify your repentant? Also I always felt that if we where in fact JEHOVAHS WITNESSES shouldnt we be allowed to have WITNESSES in the back room for that hearing. Anyone that would like to CONFESS their sins please PM me :)

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I always liked the come back so we can kick you out so you can come back thing.

Does that make any sense to anyone?

Big Willy

• TheListener
    TheListener

Two witnesses should cover you well enough. It's his word against yours. Or turn the tables. When/if the elders ask you about it just say your friend was saying all these weird things (tell them you think he may have been drunk) about the truth and were agreeing out of shock. Then tell your friend to stick it where the sun don't shine.

loose lips sink ships

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You might have stepped over the line here, who knows. I know the feeling. I just am unable to keep my mouth shut. We have 'faded', but I from time to time have made contact with former friends [all elders and servants BTW] to whom I have not been able to keep totally cool with.

I think I have prob been 'turned in', but wifey says the elders are afraid of me since I threatened to sue them over defamation of character when we first started to leave. I think it depends on the 'kahuna factor'. If they have big ones they may come after you, if not maybe they won't.

If a CO visit is coming up watch out though, they are always trying to make points at that time.

Good luck man.

Jeff

PS - You could always say your buddy was 'drinkin' a bit too much' - maybe he misunderstood.?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

of course this is coming from a "never been a JW"... but if this was the corporate world, try running interference...

Go to the Elders and say "do you think so and so is ok?" They'll ask "why"... then you say, "just checking, we went out for a few beers the other night and I was a little concerned.... no biggy.."

leave it very ambiguous. If YOU go to them first, it implies you're very open with nothing to hide....your creditibility will take a jump... my 2cents (which sometimes is worth a penny on this board).

• jgnat
    jgnat

You might gain comfort from reading Jourles' story.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/35305/1.ashx

By the way, all turned out well in the end. It turns out his wife likes him better than the society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit