Do you believe ...

by AhHah 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ahah,

Not meaning to ignore your post. Just have to fit response time into an interesting array of activities. Since I live in Israel, things do get interrupted now and then.

I do believe that all the "revealed" religions are legitimate pathways to "god" and that a key issue in all of this is our purpose for existance here on earth. Salvation, the word often used but rarely defined, means to me the development of spiritual (human) qualities so that both individually and collectively we continue to grow, civilization develops and we gain attributes of kindness, patience, honesty, etc. All the doctrins and permutations of warn out religions do nothing for advancing the quality of life for the person and his/her culture. Only those fundamental spiritual concepts imparted by the founder of the religion in question, moves individuals to become "all they can be".

Just one response.

carmel

• AhHah
    AhHah

Carmel,

I would tend to agree.

I should have clearly addressed my last post, as I was intending it for Theo. I would like to read his eventual arguments, regardless of his premises.

• AhHah
    AhHah

Theo,

I hope that I didn't offend you or discourage you from posting! Please don't let my disagreement with any of your premises discourage you.

My point earlier was that I would prefer to respond to your entire argument, as responding to preliminary questions designed to secure agreement can be somewhat tedious on this medium, unlike a face to face discussion.

Also, there will likely be a very wide range of agreement among all who read these posts, with any premises on which you predicate your thoughts. So it may be more valuable to most readers just to post your full arguments. Of course, this is just my opinion. Others may disagree.

• AhHah
    AhHah

I was just wondering if everyone realizes that this thread is now (with this post) officially more popular than Masturbation - how serious is it? on this forum?! (newbies: see Stats link at top of page)

This thread is now second only to "Preacher Jimmy Swaggart and JW lawyers"!

Now don't we all feel better about ourselves?

See, we can be serious about subjects other than masturbation!

Edited by - AhHah on 19 October 2000 2:47:5

Edited by - AhHah on 19 October 2000 2:51:0

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

... but can we really?

Path (sorry, smiling) [url] http://www.wimpyjesus.com/watchtower/strokinn.htm[/url]

Edited by - Pathofthorns on 19 October 2000 7:18:43

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Good site, Path....thanks.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Path, that was PATHetic!

carmel

• Simon
    Simon

he he he...very good Path

• Theophilus
    Theophilus

I'm going to set aside my previous thread to ask a question...

Do you believe that we (mankind) are made in the image of God?

• AhHah
    AhHah

If you mean that we are capable of love, justice, wisdom and power, the cardinal attributes of Almighty God -- then I would have to say no. Just kidding! Since I haven't met God, I really don't know, do you? (I hope he is better looking!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit