Do you believe ...

by AhHah 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

1. Do you believe in God (or that the universe has a Creator)? Yes
    2. Have you ever regularly attended meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses (either baptized or not)? Yes
    3. Do you personally agree with all current teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses? No, I do not.
    4. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has God's blessing? By ‘blessing’ if you mean implicit approval for all its actions, my answer would be no.
    5. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's ONLY channel of spiritual revelation to mankind? No, I do not believe it is a channel for that at all let alone the ‘ONLY’ one.
    6. Do you believe that Christianity is the only form of worship approved by God? You would have to define your version of Christianity first
    7. Do you believe that the Bible (or parts of it) are inspired by God? Inspired yes, authored by? That’s another question
    8. Do you believe that any religious book(s) other than the Bible are inspired by God? I believe that many things, including books, have been inspired by God
    9. Do you believe that there will be a judgment day from God -- when God will judge living humans and put to death any that are not approved? No, it’s not as simple as that
    10. Do you believe that mankind is living in the Bible's prophesied "last days" and that a judgment day from God will come in the near future? ‘last days’ is a meaningless phrase at this point in time.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

Edited by - Frenchy on 3 October 2000 18:18:48

• AhHah
    AhHah

There are 14 responses to date (all answered all 10 questions).
    Answers are summarized below.
    If no clear Yes or No was indicated, answer was counted as Unsure.

1. Do you believe in God (or that the universe has a Creator)?
    YES: 9 No: 0 Unsure: 5
    --------------------------------------------------
    2. Have you ever regularly attended meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses (either baptized or not)?
    YES: 14 No: 0 Unsure: 0
    3. Do you personally agree with all current teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    Yes: 0 NO: 14 Unsure: 0
    4. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has God's blessing?
    Yes: 0 NO: 13 Unsure: 1
    5. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's ONLY channel of spiritual revelation to mankind?
    Yes: 0 NO: 13 Unsure: 1
    6. Do you believe that Christianity is the only form of worship approved by God?
    Yes: 0 NO: 9 Unsure: 5
    7. Do you believe that the Bible (or parts of it) are inspired by God?
    Yes: 3 No: 5 UNSURE: 6
    8. Do you believe that any religious book(s) other than the Bible are inspired by God?
    Yes: 1 No: 5 UNSURE: 8
    9. Do you believe that there will be a judgment day from God -- when God will judge living humans and put to death any that are not approved?
    Yes: 0 NO: 8 Unsure: 6
    10. Do you believe that mankind is living in the Bible's prophesied "last days" and that a judgment day from God will come in the near future?
    Yes: 1 NO: 9 Unsure: 4

Edited by - AhHah on 4 October 2000 3:18:8

• AhHah
    AhHah

A few observations based on summary above:

1. Do you believe in God (or that the universe has a Creator)?
    <NO ONE clearly DISBELIEVES in God>

2. Have you ever regularly attended meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses (either baptized or not)?
    <ALL have regularly attended meetings>

3. Do you personally agree with all current teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    <NO ONE agrees with all teachings of JWs>

4. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has God's blessing?
    <NO ONE believes JWs have God's blessing>

5. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's ONLY channel of spiritual revelation to mankind?
    <NO ONE believes JWs are God's only channel>

6. Do you believe that Christianity is the only form of worship approved by God?
    <NO ONE clearly believes only in Christianity>

7. Do you believe that the Bible (or parts of it) are inspired by God?
    <Only 3 of 14 believe it is inspired by God>

8. Do you believe that any religious book(s) other than the Bible are inspired by God?
    <Only 1 of 14 believe so>

9. Do you believe that there will be a judgment day from God -- when God will judge living humans and put to death any that are not approved?
    <NO ONE clearly believes so>

10. Do you believe that mankind is living in the Bible's prophesied "last days" and that a judgment day from God will come in the near future?
    <Only 1 of 14 believe so>

• AhHah
    AhHah

Frenchy,

Very glad to have you back! (You left as I arrived.)

re your survey comments:

4. You basically got the meaning; that God approves and directs the org (your answer was counted as NO)
    6. Christianity in the most basic sense, that Christ is the only path to God for salvation (your answer was counted as UNSURE)
    7, 8. Inspired in the biblical sense (authored by God - 1 Tim 3: 16) (your answers were counted as UNSURE)
    10. Your answer was counted as NO

• waiting
    waiting

Hey AhHah,

You've done a decent amount of time for this survey you made - thank you.

I'm glad you came back. Maybe pup will consider also?

waiting

• puppylove
    puppylove

Hi Waiting!

I here, just lurking.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ahah! Eureka! I found it! shadup furI's

1. Yep, but not the one the atheists don't believe in!

2. zzzzzzzzzzzzzoh gawd yes!

3. They may have gotten a couple doctrins right but practices? you've gotta be kiddin!

4. Doesn't the rain fall on the saints and sinners alike? We don't all use Gods gifts alike thought, like BRAINS!

5. NEITHER ONLY or AT ALL!

6. NO!!

7. parts (define inspiration)

8. Absolutely! Its obvious!

9. Well, we all have our own "day in court" but collecively, yes, every time God's messenger visits this dirt ball. We see it or we don't. Those that do are spiritually "alive" those that turn their backs and are content with what they have, they are like the white shiny teeth on the decaying dog!

10. Transitional days. Look at the collapse of the Christian and Islamic eclessiastical orders in the last 150 years. The model making (science) mode has replaced the myth making mode. We will never as a society go back to the old paradigm.
    Only a religion that is conssonate with the scientific method will be able to meet the needs of contemporary society and the future. You snooze, you looze!

better late than never!!!

carmelite

• AhHah
    AhHah

I don't understand your answer to #4 and #9.

I definitely agree with #10!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Clarifications

6. Jesus said that the way to the Father was through him. Of all the prophets he was the most qualified to explain the Father. To reject the teachings of Christ is to reject the God of the Bible, IMO. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. One can be Christ-like without having known about Christ. Remember that Christ wanted no glory or recognition for himself. He was a man who demonstrated what he taught, lived what he preached.

7,8. I believe that the men and women who wrote what eventually became the Bible were divinely inspired by God. They, themselves translated these inspirations into words that became their 'book/books'. Anyone who writes is well aware that your manuscript and your story are not the same. You can only approximate your story (your ideas and concepts) with what eventually becomes your manuscript. God provided the ideas and concepts and man with all his limitations put those down in writing. Everytime someone writes down a universal truth, it is inspired of God.
    The Bible is not a handbook of religion and/or doctrines but rather a compilation of writings intended to serve as a compass rather than a map.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

Edited by - Frenchy on 5 October 2000 8:38:57

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ahah,

#4 as you probably intended it, I would have to say NO! even though on another level we all are recipients of God's blessings. The JW are likely the recipient of a hell of a lot of patience on His part!

#9 In my belief system, the day of judgement is a reocurring phenomena, not a one time even that is limited to the Christian cosmology. Therefore, when Muhammed came it was the "judgement day" for the Christians. When Jesus came it was the Judgement day for the Jews. So collectively the "time of the end" refers to the end of the era of the most fecund part of a religion. Once it begins to decline and is corrupted by human fecal factor, it is renewed and is the "time of jugdment".

Individually, we all go through our personal "armageddon" of life.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit