Do you believe ...

by AhHah 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AhHah
    AhHah

Simply respond to each question with a Yes or No answer (or '?' if unsure):

Before answering, please see my comments on General/Main - "How about a survey?".

(Just reply with the question number and your answer for any questions that you choose to answer.)

1. Do you believe in God (or that the universe has a Creator)?

2. Have you ever regularly attended meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses (either baptized or not)?

3. Do you personally agree with all current teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses?

4. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has God's blessing?

5. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's ONLY channel of spiritual revelation to mankind?

6. Do you believe that Christianity is the only form of worship approved by God?

7. Do you believe that the Bible (or parts of it) are inspired by God?

8. Do you believe that any religious book(s) other than the Bible are inspired by God?

9. Do you believe that there will be a judgment day from God -- when God will judge living humans and put to death any that are not approved?

10. Do you believe that mankind is living in the Bible's prophesied "last days" and that a judgment day from God will come in the near future?

Edited by - AhHah on 28 September 2000 12:32:41

• AhHah
    AhHah

1. Yes 2. Yes 3. No 4. No 5. No 6. No 7. ? 8. ? 9. No 10. No

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Interesting.

1. Yes, I believe in a Creator.
    2. Ha ha. Yes, I've attended meetings of JW's
    3. No.
    4. No.
    5. No.
    6. I really don't think so. Although to be a Christian as indicated by the Bible, one would think this is the case.
    7. I find there are inconsistencies which are difficult to explain away. I am not sure how to answer this question.
    8. I haven't investigated other books, so I am unsure, and even if I did, on what basis can I really prove their inspiration?
    9. I would lean towards believing that there is some sort of judgement day. On what exactly that judgement will be based upon, how it will take place and what the judgement and reward end up to be specifically, i'm not sure
    10. I believe we are living in the "last days". How long the "last days" are, i'm not sure. I see mankind at somepoint reaching some sort of critical point. Nothing physical lasts forever, the earth, and its resources and its capacities are finite and at some point, something must happen. I prefer to leave this in God's hands rather than believe in blind chance or mankind's perhaps noble, but ultimately futile endeavours.

thanks AHhah

Path

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

1. Do you believe in God (or that the universe has a Creator)? Yes

2. Have you ever regularly attended meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses (either baptized or not)? Yes

3. Do you personally agree with all current teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses? No

4. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has God's blessing? No

5. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's ONLY channel of spiritual revelation to mankind? No

6. Do you believe that Christianity is the only form of worship approved by God? No

7. Do you believe that the Bible (or parts of it) are inspired by God? Yes

8. Do you believe that any religious book(s) other than the Bible are inspired by God? Yes

9. Do you believe that there will be a judgment day from God -- when God will judge living humans and put to death any that are not approved? No

10. Do you believe that mankind is living in the Bible's prophesied "last days" and that a judgment day from God will come in the near future? No

• puppylove
    puppylove

I guess I'll throw in my answers (although you MUST already know them LOL)

1. yes

2. yes

3. no

4. no

5. no

6. no (why would a perfect being (God) want to be worshipped at all?)

7. no - if a God wanted us to have an instruction book - wouldn't he/she/it make it really clear and plain? Why all the sybolism?

8. no - see above

9. no

10. no

• Angharad
    Angharad

1 - Yes (but not the way the society portrays)

2 - Yes

3 - No

4 - No

5 - No

6 - No

7 - No

8 - No

9 - No

10 - No

• nelly
    nelly

1. quite possibly

2. yes

3. no

4. no

5. no

6. no

7. no

8. no

9. no

10. no

• AhHah
    AhHah

I'll count your answer to question #1 as Unsure (unless you edit it yourself). Please see my comments on General/Main "How about a survey?".

• Zep
    Zep

1. Do you believe in God (or that the universe has a Creator)?

????? sort of!

2. Have you ever regularly attended meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses (either baptized or not)?

???? kinda!

3. Do you personally agree with all current teachings and practices of Jehovah's Witnesses?

NAH!

4. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has God's blessing?..

NAH!

5. Do you believe that the modern-day organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's ONLY channel of spiritual revelation to mankind?..

NAH!

6. Do you believe that Christianity is the only form of worship approved by God?...

See, I dont know who god is, so i can't say.

7. Do you believe that the Bible (or parts of it) are inspired by God?

Define 'inspired'...If you mean written by him personnally, then i say a big fat NO!

8. Do you believe that any religious book(s) other than the Bible are inspired by God?...

? haven't read any!...i'd say NO!

9. Do you believe that there will be a judgment day from God -- when God will judge living humans and put to death any that are not approved?...

????

10. Do you believe that mankind is living in the Bible's prophesied "last days" and that a judgment day from God will come in the near future?...

??? Not really!

• AhHah
    AhHah

Hey Zep,

Do you ever watch reruns of Taxi on the tele? What do you think of the Jim Ignatowski character played by Christopher Lloyd? ... What's that you say? Why? Oh, no reason!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit