Anybody else had visions?

by philo 81 Replies latest jw friends

• philo
    philo

When I was separating from my wife and leaving the JWs, I had some visions. For some strange reason, I decided not to eat for a day, then when I found my thinking clearer and my emotions mellower, I fasted for another two days. So after the third day, i was walking down our street and I saw the houses burning after me, I felt this was an affirmation that marriage was decay and destruction, or wasteage. I guess I saw what I needed to see at that moment.

Any one else SEEN things?

philo

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

I see that you need help : )

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hi philo hon!!!

i myself have never seen a 'vision' while being sober or straight...
    but my grandmother, who is a strong catholic tells me she has 'visions'. an example of this is one night she woke up at about 3:00 am. she just had this urge to go outside. so she sat on her porch and had a cigarette. she claims that a bird came rite close the the porch screen. it was on odd bird, one she had never seen before (and she is a bird watcher/expert). the bird was a light pinkish color, and had a blacky bluish lower half, and she claimed that the bird looked a little unrealistic. she went back to bed and didn;t think much of it until later that morning when she saw on the news that a boy that had gone missing from her town had been found. a small child saw a hand proped out of a slew, it was pink but the lower half near the wrist was blackish blue.

i dont know if this has any conection to the bird or whatever, but my grandma has these strange 'visions' that always connect to something shortly after.

i dunno.

peace, mango

i know the pieces fit because i watched them fall away...

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

i have experienced visions from my girlfriend. Like I have stated in the past, I would never beleive in ESP and the like if I didnt see it firsthand. She has had many eerie visions that directly predict what will happen that day or week.

• philo
    philo

I did need help. At that time, I was offered help by friends, until they realised that I didn't believe the truth - then they all faded away. It's like 'the truth' is the most fragile thing a JW has, and it most be protected at any cost.

philo

• philo
    philo

Mango,

Hmmm, my grannie (rest her soul) had lots of weird stuff going through her head, visions, voices .... I think a lot of it was stress related, as she had (a new disease, not yet named) Rheumatoid Arthritis. In my case it was about stress.

Be an absolute darling, like you are, and tell me what the frickin' heck this means...

:a small child saw a hand proped out of a slew, it was pink but the lower half near the wrist was blackish blue.

Is this Southern Creole?

philo

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

My mother loved Roy Rogers.
    His movies and music reminded her of some of the happier times in her childhood and she collected antique Roy Roger photos, watches and lunchboxes as part of a collection.
    One night she woke up as if she had heard a loud noise and my dad asked her what was wrong. She said in an eery voice "Roy's dead". He said "Roy who?" and she of course, said Roy Rogers. I know he's dead. Then she said she went back to sleep quite easily (for her that's odd). She happened to look at the clock before she went to sleep and it said something like 3:30am
    When she got up in the morning and was watching the news she heard that he had died in the night at home around 3:30am. She and my dad said they felt really strange. She thought for a second maybe she had demons or something, but later dismissed it and figured there must be some connection between life and death out there, but refuses to think much about it now that she's back to the meetings.

I read about it online that he had died and called her early, thinking she wouldn't have heard it yet, but she told me all that and I got goosebumps. Neither she nor I remember hearing that he'd been sick or anything so it was really odd.

"When caught between two evils I generally pick the one I've never tried before." Mae West

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

That roy rogers incident is not issolated. These sort of things happens everyday, and we dismiss it as 'mothers intuition' or 'gut feelings'

We are psychic animals. One day we'll realize it.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

philo, the kid saw the dead guys hand! what is hard to understand?!

heheh

mango

i know the pieces fit because i watched them fall away...

• philo
    philo

Neko,

I think there's so much about our minds we don't understand which is conveniently attributed to external forces or entities, but the truth about it is "in there" not "out there".

philo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit