No topic so I will just ramble

by joelbear 30 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

My turn!

I called in to work about half an hour ago and said: "I'm not coming in today; I'm gonna stay home and cough up a lung." Yep, halfway through a damn cold. I'm taking zinc and assorted herbs, though, so I ought to be fit for work tomorrow. Meanwhile, there are videos in the house (Yeelen, Millions and two batches of Invader Zim), and books.

Still glowing mentally from last night's Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour. Christine Wicker, author of Not In Kansas Anymore : A Curious Tale of How Magic Is Transforming America, was the special guest. She sounds like someone I'd like to have for a friend.

Just had a garlic sausage sandwich for breakfast. Life is good.

gently feral

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

My husband left this morning for a 4 day hang out w/ the guys at the Nascar races.

My 1yr baby boy should start walking any day now!

I am having a garage sale at my parents house this weekend.

Friday evening my brother and I are going to hang out together somewhere. With no kids!

I am on the Slim-Fast diet and i am splurging for Pizza for lunch since there isn't much quicky food to fix unless I want PB&J. (BTW i weighed 170 after my 2nd and 3rd child and now I am staying at 163!!) Still at least 10 more to go.

Today I mad dashed around the house to remove the last Halloween deco since my M-I-L was stopping by.

Tonight I get a special treat. Since hubby is gone.. I get to have my two girls sleep in my bed with me.

• JBean
    JBean

Hi Joelbear! I've just logged on to check on things after being away for quite a while... and was pleased to see a name that I remembered from last year!!! It's sounds as if you've been doing some fun stuff!

I myself have been busy... just got married and am in the process of moving... so life is blissful and stressful all at once. : )

Not much else to say at the moment... just wanted to say hi again not only to you but all the folks that might remember my login name from many many months ago. Much love, Jbean

• mouthy
    mouthy

just got married and am in the process of moving

Hey JBEAN!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

O.K. Mine is not a ramble !!!I just had Mary here for lunch... Great gal!!!! we had laughs also remembered out DUMDUMB days !!! It is a Beautiful day outside Sun shinning! birds singing !We did have a laugh about you defd.... We both love ya! & we are praying for ya!!!!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I hate telemarketers.

The 700 Club just called my house. They said that I called them and asked for prayers! I've never called them and wouldn't ever call them. They wanted me to give them money to help Pat Roberson!

The cable guy showed up 2 hours early as opposed to last time when he showed up 8 hours late.

My husband doesn't listen to me and I am still mad that my birthday sucked.

I love my sons.

And my German Shepherd chewed up one of the doors in my house when the cable guy was here!

I need an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts.

I wish I had some good chocolate.

Why doesn't motherhood have vacation days or a retirement plan?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

What a lovely thread Joel!

My ramble:

This past weekend, Mozz and I went camping for our third year anniversary. The weather was beautiful and it was positively the best camping trip I've ever been on. We cooked sausage and eggs by the campfire for breakfast. We toasted marshmallows and made s'mores. We took hikes, enjoyed sunrises and sunsets, ate lunch by the water, made love in our tent. I had a bit of a spiritual re-awakening. And that is realizing how little I am in this big world. It is that littleness that makes my life so incredibly grand. I can make such a beautiful impact on those around me and actually make their lives better. What an amazing concept! That I can make other people's lives better! Mozz and I bonded incredibly close emotionally and spiritually. Three years into this marriage and it just keeps getting better!!!

We decided that maybe next summer might be a good time to start a family.

I just ate three chocolate cookies for lunch.

It's a beautiful day outside and I resent that I have to be inside doing invoicing.

My boss just gave me a good-bye hug on her way out the door and now I can smell her perfume lingering on me. For some reason it's comforting.

My boss is also helping me redecorate my house. We're picking out new fabric to reupholster my living room set and I can't wait to see the final product!

My house is a mess and Neil's best friend is coming over tonight. And I don't care that the house is a mess. He's a good friend and will still love us.

Mozz and I decided to wake up early at least three times a week and do a spiritual devotional together. So we're being pretty good about it and then praying together. All of this snuggled in bed with our kitties purring next to us. It's the best way to wake up in the morning. This morning was one of those mornings.

I'm feeling very positive about my life right now. I feel strong. Like no matter what Life hands to me, I will be able to muscle through it. Maybe not gracefully, but I will be able to do it successfully and come out better and stronger in the end.

Life is good.

Andi

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Andi; thanks for making me smile today! Such an uplifting post!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Ramble'in man

was'nt that a song back in the 80's

• Jordan
    Jordan

I'm listening to my new Sevendust CD at the moment, and I bought Blink 182s greatest hits earlier

I finished my assignment worryingly easy, I reckon I missed something fundamental in the spec...

I worked out that I've spent over £1300 on my CD collection so far the other day... I vowed to ease up on buying music.

I've been spending too much time at the pub recently. But on a brighter note, I haven't smoked anything for over a month now...

I need a copy of Microsoft Access, for some reason my main PC doesnt have it, and I dropped my laptop the other day, I'm trying to fix it, but currently it only works when I hold the battery pack in a certain position! hmmm.

This Sevendust CD is sounding pretty good.

I'm bored, but not so bored now I've been chatting with a few friends on msn...

I was meant to be going to the Taste of Chaos tour this month but money restrictions got the better of me... I spent too much money on a new phone the other day, and I thought I had more money than I do.

Rent is due tomorrow. But it's payday! Yay

This Sevendust CD is reeaallly really good. Bye, sorry for boring y'all...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm tired.

I have to go to work...12 hour shift.

I just laid down some new rules for my daughter and using the internet. Her grades have been going down. She comes home from school, jumps on the internet, and works on her Neopets, are plays this game that I have to pay $5.00 a month for.

I paid bills yesterday.

I have tons of medical bills met my catastrophic cap this year. I'm always sick. I had a thyroidectomy in 2003 that paralyzed both my vocal cords for about 8 months, I had to have a tracheostomy for five months because the doctors wouldn't believe me when I told them I was having trouble breathing! They, also, managed to collaspe my lung during the second surgery for the thyroidectomy. The second surgery happened because I developed a large hematoma on my neck that was crushing my windpipe! The doctor ripped out the stitches right at the bedside. Blood spurt everywhere! I was rushed back to surgery. When I awoke, I was still intubated and on a ventilator! I thought I had woke up in surgery and that they were going to operate! That's another story....anyway...I ended up in leather straps while I was on the ventilator. Three months later, I got the tracheostomy....another long story...anyway bills, bills, bills...

I'm fatter than I've ever been in my life! Woe is me!

That's enough for now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit