Lets be real

by acuragirl 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gringojj
    gringojj

I hope so kid-a.

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Shit,i did it again.Sorry guys me and my husband keep posting on each others name by accident not making sure we are logged on to the right names before we post. This time it was me.My bad.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

cyg,

Who are you carrying around that heavy bag for anyway? God? Let me give you a little inside information about "God"........ etc etc.

As I've often said, it no longer matters to me whether God or many gods exist(s). It doesn't concern me other than the occasional interest in the subject, and doesn't affect my daily decisions. 98% of the time even believers/theists go about their business unconcerned with "God." Being with the family tonight is a lot more important than worrying if you're displeasing an ancient semitic tribal sky deity.

that was so well put!

cheers,

ts

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i think he may be there, i really actually do believe in him.... i am just really mad at him right now, i dont get it, if hes really there and really all powerful and really all loving, then how can he allow the kids to die of starvation, aids and shit like that in africa???

so i believ hes there, just not in our classic viewpoint if what god really is...

the infamous one

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, I believe in God.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Yes, I believe in God, but I feel using a familiar name, whatever that may be, is disrespectful. I won't call my father by his familiar name, why would I call God by His? Just doesn't feel right to me.

I believe that evil exists and that it originates in a person who does not cultivate light in their heart & soul by doing good for others (that is the short explanation)

Do I understand all of what God is, or why he allows bad things to happen to people? No, but I do have faith that one day I will. And that, to me, is the beauty of faith. True faith allows for unanswered questions. When one has all the answers, zero faith is required.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Me and the kids had a great time last night. It was fun seeing most of the kids in the neighborhood out with their parents. And it was also nice seeing the folks who stayed in to pass out candy. A good time was had by all. Now it's time to get ready for Thanksgiving - my folks (who are jws ) are coming this year

Josie

P.S. and no I didnt feel that my God was going to strike me down over trollin for candy

• Will Power
    Will Power

Just think.... if you DID believe in God without a doubt - and that God was ALMIGHTY and ABOLUTELY everything at ALL time FOREVER & EVER and that GOD saved all those who BELIEVED in Him/It
    then
    you could make fun of all the stupid little demons and goblins and ghosts that scare UNBELIEVERS
    at least once a year !
    maybe even give it name and make it lots of harmless fun !

This probably won't post .... I never get 2 in a row.... fingers crossed.

see - this is try #10

wp

• forsharry
    forsharry

I believe in two things ultimately. 1. I shall die. and 2. I shall pay the government a lot of money before and after I do so.

As far as god and satan. Well...I've been called satan once, so...do I believe in me? ::falls over laughing::

I'm gonna go with...does it matter? Religion is social control. It is about power. It is for uniting peoples whom would otherwise not really flock together.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. ~Seneca the Younger

"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing." "Oh," says man, "but the Babel Fish is a dead give-away, isn't it? It proves You exist, and so therefore You don't. Q.E.D." "Oh, I hadn't thought of that," says God, who promptly vanishes in a puff of logic. ~Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit