Lets be real

by acuragirl 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Hey everyone lets take a poll.How many of you actually believe in GOD without a doubt? Whether it be JEHOVAH whoever how many believe there is a supreme being and remember if you believe there is GOD then you must believe there is Satan right?? There is good and evil right??Last question are any of you still not sure about celebrating halloween tonight? I can say im not but my kids are,im going by the old saying when in doubt do without.My kids aunt is taking them tonight.I just feel like id be tormented with guilt if i went .

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I do and I have no guilt about taking my 4 kids out for Halloween. It's going to be great this year, the weather is mild and my home development is totally built out so there are about 70 homes in a big circle for my kids to visit. It's also cool to see most of the neighbors within one night. I love it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How many of you actually believe in GOD without a doubt? Yes!

Whether it be JEHOVAH whoever how many believe there is a supreme being and remember if you believe there is GOD then you must believe there is Satan right?? No! The idea of equal and opposite good and bad is an eastern philosophy. I think God is light which always overpowers darkness.

There is good and evil right?? I believe that. But I think evil men do evil things out of the evil in their own hearts. They don't need supernatural inspiration.

Last question are any of you still not sure about celebrating halloween tonight? I can say im not but my kids are,im going by the old saying when in doubt do without.My kids aunt is taking them tonight.I just feel like id be tormented with guilt if i went .I take the good and spit out the bad. I won't watch horror. I will hand out candy to little children. I won't throw eggs at cars. This is the third year my granddaughter dresses up as a princess, which she is.

Acuragirl, I think you fear the unseen. People who act in fear often hurt others without even knowing. Like drowning people, they can yank others down in their panic. If you were to live your life as if you were unafraid and secure in God's love and care, what would you be doing tonight?

• thom
    thom

I don't know if I believe in God or not. Of course sometimes I just assume he's there since I spent my whole life assuming that, but recently as I think more on it, I'm not really sure.
    Myself I'm not interested in Halloween. I don't have a problem with it, it just isn't appealing to me. But my daughter is planning to go out with some friends and her friends mom tonight for the first time and I have no problem with that. Yesterday we went and picked out a costume for her and I throroughly enjoyed it. Just being at the store with all those excited kids picking out stuff at the last minute was alot of fun. My daughter was happy and for the first time I really felt like we were part of something.

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Your right Jnat i do fear the unseen,from listening to the WTS for so long, but i cant believe god would be protecting me from harm if i was doing something against his will,thats the way i think.

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

God doesnt keep you from harm,if he did we wouldnt have all the suffering and death that we do.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As a parent, acuragirl, do you protect your children from harm? When are they in danger, is it not when they are out of your sight? Where can you go to be out of God's sight?

The Watchtower society has done you a great evil, to not recognize God's great love and care for you.

• clear2c
    clear2c

How many of you actually believe in GOD without a doubt? I belive in jehovah and will always call him that (what could that hurt). Although I am not a firm beliver in ALL of the WTS doctrine, I have learnt that faith is one of the most powerful motivators and healers that you can practice. whatever you do dont loose faith becuse of incorrect doctrine, mens works, pride or anything else. Then you must believe there is Satan right?? There is good and evil right? Yes I belive that satan exists and that many worship him. I also feel that WTS uses satan's existance to FRIGHTEN us into beliving there doom and gloom apocolyptic senarios. For instance there are many many documented accounts of demons, exorsisms and so forth... Consider that the catholic church does not just throw it around lightly THEY DOCUMENT IT.. unlike the WTS which uses undocumented urban ledgends to terrifiy people, especially small childern eg- the smurfs are possesed. Last question are any of you still not sure about celebrating halloween tonight? I went last night to a party thats about it as far as halloween goes. For years and years I either excluded myself from "clebrating" or felt really guilty about it... now I am just along for the ride where life takes me,, if I get invited to a party I will go. if not I dont feel bad about it either :)

• kid-A
    kid-A

No I do not accept the premise of a god. I realized a long time ago that everything I need, all my power, love, courage, hope....its already inside me and inside the people I love. God is the collective repository of mans fears.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I am starting to believe that if there is a higher power....Then we are his/her/it's lab rats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit