Long silence broken

by seek2find 21 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

I have held off posting here for a long time, I have read this board from nearly its begining, and have been tempted to post before, but haven't. I am a life long witness, and so is my spouse. Several years ago I began reading various internet sites about the history of the orginazation and came to the horrifing conclusion that some things are just not right. The problem is, I love my wife, and I don't want to hurt her, but there seems to be no posible way of leaving, without our Mariage hurting, or being completley destroyed. I don't want that, and I'm sure God doesn't either. I also am concerned about my own sprituality should I find myself on the outside. I don't want to leave God, I just want honesty from what ever religious group I'm with. They don't have to have all the answers. Just as long as they don't try to force a person to accept their interpetation of Gods word. I have an experiance to relate about 2 seperate instances of the congregations attempt to control peoples lives. Hopefully, I'l be able to share these as time passes. In closing I'd like to say thanks To Simon and the others who have helped to keep this board relatively free from some of the degrading speach and postings that some other boards have allowed. When a witness is looking for answers, they don't need to be bombarded with filth and profanity, because it is an instant turn off, for those who are looking to find answers to real concearns. seek2find

• under74
    under74

welcome to the board.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Nice to meet you seek2find.

You said "The problem is, I love my wife, and I don't want to hurt her, but there seems to be no posible way of leaving, without our Mariage hurting, or being completley destroyed." It certainly can be done. Have hope!

Your post resonated with me, you might like to read one of my first threads ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/3771/1.ashx ) I think you'll understand why. Suffice to say that despite any other problems that life as one of Jehovah's Witnesses has left me with, my wife and I have survived and are happier than ever!

All the best,

Nic'

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

I look forward to your 2 stories!

• Shania
    Shania

Happy to have you here, I know it can be scary to post you thoughts and feelings, but it is also very helpful to know others who are in the same position as you in the organization that know things are not right but dare we NEVER speak of it to other witnesses for fear of being labeled a independent thinker. So we sit in the K-Hall in silence questioning the organization...............

Read all you can, and don't think your situation is hopless, Find Ithink's post, he felt like you about his wife and very gingerly worked things out so that she is now a posting member of the forum..

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I had the same fears about my wife, but in the end it turned out she was having doubts as well and was just as scared to voice them as I was.

I'm trying to find an article about getting your family out, but Google's giving me hassles at the moment. The gist of it is a suggestion to start a "family study", but do research on apostate-ish topics. The premise is something like, "What if you were out in service and a householder asked, 'How do you know Jerusalem fell in 607BC?', how could you prove it?" That gets your family digging around in the index and encyclopedias and stuff, and seeing just how lame the Watchtower's answers are.

When I find the article, I'll post it.

Take care, welcome aboard!

Dave

• AlmostAtheist
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Welcome to the board

If you haven't seen it yet try read ithinkisee's experience with his wife

Re: The Best of... Continuing Series threads

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Your expressions are similiar to mine, I to am life time JW with a wife who still believes. I have found that gentle opinions here and there go along way.

OC

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME, SEEK2FIND.

I can identify fully with this:

When a witness is looking for answers, they don't need to be bombarded with filth and profanity, because it is an instant turn off, for those who are looking to find answers to real concerns.

Foul language is a definite turn off for those first coming here looking for answers. One is already hurt and vulnerable without having to be confronted with something we were taught to abhor. That said, after a while one comes to realise that some people are merely venting; that they, too, are in pain because of realising all the lies and broken promises - and often the extreme hurt it has caused families. All I can suggest is that you try and ignore any profanities that slip through on the board and that you take into account the majority of posts here, which are absent of them.

I'm sure you can heal here - and so can your wife. It will take time but most of us have walked the path you are embarking on now. It isn't easy, but at least you'll know that others before you have succeeded and you can too.

We're all rooting for you!

Best wishes,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit