Long silence broken

by seek2find 21 Replies latest jw friends

• seek2find
    seek2find

Wow, I wasn't expecting such fast response. Thanks for all the encouraging words. I have read some of the experiances refered to. Every situation is different, I think there is hope in my case, but I'll wait as long as necessary. I'll post the 2 experainces in a different thread. It might be a day or 2. thanks again for the welcoming words. seek2find

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome, and congratulations seek2find, for breaking your silence.

j

• vitty
    vitty

Hi and welcome, posting here is a huge step well done !

Youll have lots of support here, many will have gone through the same experiences as you and we ALL know how you feel.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If you haven't seen it yet try read ithinkisee's experience with his wife

Re: The Best of... Continuing Series threads

My thoughts exactly. This is a great experience that we all got to read as it unfolded.

My husband had a similar concern about me, back in the early 90's. I reacted badly at first, but I knew deep down how smart he was, and eventually I listened to him, did my own research, and realized the WTS was not what I had thought it was for my entire life.

Welcome to our world. Glad you like the way the board is administered. Your comments about that, are exactly why we keep it this way, to attract new ones, not to turn them off with profanity and meanness.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome, seek2find!!!!

I'm a lifelong JW also, so is my husband. I am leaving, but my husband is an elder with no intention of leaving.

This site is great on so many levels, as I'm sure you've noticed. Not the least of which is the fact that it gives people like us hope that maybe we can get our spouses out, too.... other people have been successful, why not me??

So keep reading, keep posting, and enjoy!!

GGG

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome seek2find ... you are more than welcome to share your views and experiences. I look forward to reading them.

sweet tee

• jgnat
    jgnat

I do think there is hope for your marriage. You've lasted THIS long, probably because you have a few things in common! Why not start a personal bible study, the two of you, the bible alone? It will be an opportunity to introduce independent thinking, and you can bond together while encouraging your spiritual side.

The book of John is good. I like Hebrews, too.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to JWD seek2find!

I have held off posting here for a long time, I have read this board from nearly its begining, and have been tempted to post before, but haven't.

Wow, that impressed me. You are truly a listener, slow to speak which is a good thing!

In closing I'd like to say thanks To Simon and the others who have helped to keep this board relatively free from some of the degrading speach and postings that some other boards have allowed. When a witness is looking for answers, they don't need to be bombarded with filth and profanity, because it is an instant turn off, for those who are looking to find answers to real concearns.

Thanks, it's a bit of an unpopular quest with some but it sure does work knowing where we've all come from but Dansk pointed out some good points along this line. It's a fine line, healing isn't always a pretty thing but a necessary one.

I hope all goes well in your exit from the B'org and you'll learn a lot on how to help your other family members see the light too.

Kate

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wecome seek2find - many have had the same situation. Some have expressed it on this thread already.

There is no one right way to go about this. Ithinkisee and AlmostAthiest [dave] have some good experience in this matter.

I would only pose a single thought to chew on:

Would you desire to stay a part of something you know to be a sham, no matter the consequences? Of course we all hope you can find a way to exit successfully together. It has been done. I and wifey did it. Patience and wisdom will play a big role in getting you there.

Jeff

• Bryan
    Bryan

Nice to have you here seek2find!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit