Beheading of three Christian girls

by TopHat 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it all revolves around god. religion is the label used to draw lines and create communities that do not want to cooperate.

do the aboriginal natives have the right to take back the land from the canadian government, and make them pay for the genocide?

who has the "right" to anything? i would like to just go and take some land for myself too. i mean, after all, why should i have to pay for it, if we didn't pay the natives for it?

the fundamentalist isrealis want the heathen muslims driven into the sea. it's the promised land to them, handed down from on high by moses and that god whose name they shall not utter. it doesn't have anything to do with being driven out of the land at some point in the past, but coming back and sharing.

i am not saying that the muslims are blameless at all. they're all a bunch of crazy, mono-god-subscribing, mo-fo's.

TS

• TopHat
    TopHat

In all of history of one nation or another...every nation has been conquered...some more than once...so really who does the land belong?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

IMO, the land doesn't belong to ANYONE. but, try telling that to the people with the money and the fire-power.

land ownership, is a neolithic phenomenon. it had it's roots in hunter/gatherer society, but really took off when people started farming.

at this point, my thinking is either reject notions of land ownership and pay the price, or join in the fray.

i can see the injustice of how homo sapiens have behaved towards each other humans down through time. but there really isn't much i can do about it now apart from insist on respecting other peoples current rights. this is the closest thing to god's direction in our affairs that i can see. everything else looks like a bunch of apes just guessing as they go along, including those who conjure god for their side of a war over land and resource. if anything, it's obvious that god is completely absent from world events.

wow, that was all over the place, LOL.

TS

• upside/down
    upside/down

if anything, it's obvious that god is completely absent from world events.

JohnThomas can chime in at any moment...

u/d(of the couldn't agree more class)

• TopHat
    TopHat
    IMO, the land doesn't belong to ANYONE. but, try telling that to the people with the money and the fire-power.

That thar is the TOOTH

• greendawn
    greendawn

These Indonesians they persecute their compatriot Christians with a relish, they have a long history of burning churches bombing christian neighbourhoods and killing christians, while there are no doubt many of their fellow countrymen living in the western world in peace. They don't take that as an example.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There just isn't any excuse for that

Tetra:It's worth bearing in mind a couple of things before you keep beating the war-drums. Quakers (who are pacifists) are also of the group you identified as "Abrahamic Religions", and also, I don't know of any modern-day Christian denomination that would espouse the virtues of decapitation. Further, war isn't limited to religious effort.

And before you round on me about "history", bear in mind that science was once wholly barbaric, too. We now live in [mostly] changed times, all round.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey LT, long time no talk!

what you say is indeed true.

you, as well, are of the abrahamic group of religions, and i would never think for a moment that you are violent in any way, even if just thinking that you will be in heaven and i will be in hell. or dead.

as far as science is concerned with violence, do you mean science's ability to invent weapons of great violence? apart from that, i can't think of what you mean. of course, the weapons are not used in the name of science any more than abraham invented the concept of violence. dig?

TS

• avishai
    avishai

Tetrapod, while i agree with your sentiments on religion, there seems to be this idea that the Jews just came in and took over all the land in "palestine" etc., and kicked all the others out. It's simply not the case, the Arabs that were in Israel when it became a state that wanted too were allowed citizenship, and there are arab muslims in the Israeli govt. Most of the so called "palestinians" are from Jordan or Egypt, and Jordan and egypt won't allow them back. Why do you think that is?

There ARE however arab states where Jews are banned and not allowed to live. Libya comes to mind.

Most of the populated territory was bought and paid for long before Israel even became a country.

Check out this site.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tetra:That too. I was actually thinking of some of the research practices on live subjects, be they animal or human.

Mans' inhumanity to man is not restricted to religion, unfortunately. Otherwise I'd be one of the first to petition it's abolition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit