Beheading of three Christian girls

by TopHat 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TopHat
    TopHat

This makes me angry....What did these girls do to deserve a fate such as this!

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2005/10/30/1285026-sun.html

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

awful -simply awful

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I bet the murderers were not animists, buddhists, shintoists, cathloics, jews , seventh day adventists, Jehovahs witnesses

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

that's horrid.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Because the attackers were Muslim and they don't like other people's religion.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

these abrahamic types are really killing a lot of people lately.

• muslim fundamentalists like these guys
    • jewish ones in the middle east
    • xian ones like george w. bush

all believe they have the one truth, and the one god, and the one way and the one answer.

To fill a world with ... religions of the Abrahamic kind, is like littering the streets with loaded guns. Do not be surprised if they are used.
    -- Richard Dawkins, "Religion's Misguided Missiles" (September 15, 2001)
  • TopHat
    TopHat

I was wondering what an "Abrahamic religion" is, so I looked it up...now I know! How can they get away with crimes like killing people for no reason except that they believe it is right. CRAZY!

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Abrahamic_religions

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and here is an extract

Overview

All the Abrahamic religions are derived to some extent from Judaism as practiced in ancient kingdoms of Israel and Judah prior to the Babylonian Exile, at the beginning of the 1st millennium BC. Many believe that Judaism in Biblical Israel was renovated and reformed to some extent in the 6th century BC by Ezra and other priests returning to Israel from the exile. Samaritanism separated from Judaism in the next few centuries.

Christianity originated in Israel, at the end of the 1st century, as a radically reformed sect of Judaism; it spread to ancient Greece and Rome, and from there to most of Europe, Asia, the Americas, and many other parts of the world. Over the centuries Christianity split into many separate churches and sects. A major split in the 5th century separated various Oriental Churches from the Catholic church centered in Rome. Other major splits were the East-West Schism in the 11th century, which separated the Eastern Orthodox Churches, and the Protestant Reformation in the 15th century, which eventually gave birth to hundreds of independent Protestant denominations.

Islam originated in the 6th century, in the Arabian cities of Mecca and Madinah. Although not properly a dissident sect of either Judaism or Christianity, it explicitly claimed to be a continuation and replacement for them, and echoed many of their principles. For example, Muslims believe in the story of Genesis and in the lineal descent of the Arabs from Abraham through Ishmael. Muslims reject the Jewish Bible because they think it has been intentionally corrupted, in part to erase any mention of the coming of Mohammed; but nevertheless revere it as having had divine origins.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

you'll find people making excuses for them:

"oh, it doesn't have anything to do with religion, they're their to help iraq, etc etc"

well, if one side thinks it's a holy war already, and the president of the other side openly admits to faith based leadership and that he is appointed by god, and that he prays before he makes decisions, well then, i don't care what anyone says, it is a freaking holy war.

why are the isrealis there in the middle east if they didn't think that they have a god given right to the land?

it's all so disgusting.

fundamentalists usually start out as moderates. the moderates say that the fundamentalists do not represent their faith. and this is fair and true enough. but there has to be something seriously wrong when the line between a fundamentalist, and a moderate, is the interpretation of a few scriptures.

TS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

why are the isrealis there in the middle east if they didn't think that they have a god given right to the land?

They are entitled to home land from which they were driven out of many centuries ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit