Our dog died. :(

by Mulan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I am so sorry for you, Mulan. This year we lost our sweet "Brew" who was our 16 year old Corgi and our old Mama cat, 18 yoa!

We love Corgis and have had two of them. The first one was a wonderful pet but she died over 30 years ago (not sure why, but she had a seizure and the vet thought she might have eaten something contaminated outside), and we got another who looked just like her. That one disappeared after about 5 years and we think she just followed some kids home and stayed. They are great dogs and it would be tempting to get another one of that breed. But we decided not to get another pet. We are gone a lot and it isn't fair to an animal to just not be there for them.

Our cats were pretty old when they died too. One was 14 and the other 18. We got them the same day from different litters.

• Dansk
    Dansk

So sorry to log on this morning and read your news, Marilyn!

Dogs are special! We have two and have lost others in the past, so know exactly how you feel.

All our love,

Ian & Claire

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

((( Mulan ))) & Family,

It takes getting used to, to put them down, but in the end, you do feel better when you realize the pain and suffering they've had. Today, I wish we hadn't waited so long.

I have made the same mistake before: waiting to long.

I did'nt made this mistake january this year - but knowing it is the best decision does'nt make it easier for you.

I am very sorry for you.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Marilyn, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I didn't see this before as I've been out of town. I know how hard this is, like losing any other member of your family. Blessings and a big hug to all of you.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit