586 607 Jerusalem destroyed.

by PoppyR 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yucca
    yucca

The gentile times ended in 1948 when Israel became a nation.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

pseudo-scholar has not commented yet because it is still 4:40am where he is. Don't worry, he'll find this fun thread when he wakes up.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Consider Jesus' audience. Was he really speaking about events 1900 years in the future? As Gary mentioned, numerology is rampant amongst Adventist groups, and now even the WT is backing slightly away fro its chronology and saying 1914 began the "composite sign." It's all utter hogwash.

• scholar
    scholar

PoppyR

The date for the Fall of Jerusalem is calculated biblically to be 607 and not 586 advanced by most scholars and 587 advanced by apostates and some scholars. Other dates also proposed in recent times based upon similar methodology as the latter are 588 and 589. What this confusion within scholarship means is that there is no agreement by critics of WT chronology or those supporters of secular chronology. Therefore, no one apart from the Witnesses knows exactly what precise year Jerusalem fell under Nebuchadnezzer and the last year of Zedekiah.

The date 607 is well and truly firmly established despite the hoopla on this board and the dogmatic pretensions of the Jonsson hypotheis a view espoused by an apostate, Carl Jonsson. The date 607 is well proven because it is based upon an interpretation of the seventy year period of exile-desolation-servitude from the Fall of Jerusalem in 537 until the release from exile under the decree of Cyrus in 537.

Again, as with the determination of 586/587 and others by calendrical problems, scholars differ widely even amongst apostates as to how the seventy years applies in meaning, duration and chronology. The Witnesses advance the ttraditional understanding of the seventy years which is simple, prophetic and is in harmony with the history of Judah in the Late Judean period.

scholar JW

• core
    core
    Therefore, no one apart from the Witnesses knows exactly what precise year Jerusalem fell under Nebuchadnezzer and the last year of Zedekiah.

pardon me for saying but dont you think that is a touch exaggerated ? where is your proof for this absolutism ? you agree with yourself of course but that proves nothing - as the old Ministry School Guidebook stated "..an argument is not proved simply because you state it...."

Also you are rather liberal with the (presumably insulting) tag "apostates" - whatever happened to your Christian manners - cant recall Christ ever used the term....but then I am sure you will tell me if I am wrong.............

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

A ha ha, and there he is. Welcome, "celebrated Scholar JW".

(of the "thinks-celebrated-scholar-jw-is-the-funniest-guy-on-the-forum"-class)

• Farkel
    Farkel

:The gentile times ended in 1948 when Israel became a nation

You people are always wrong on stuff. It was the "genital" times, not the gentile times. My version explains more than your version, at least to me, it does.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

scholar,

It is always a pleasure for me to dialogue with a person who claims to have such great academic credentials and who is always demolished in here to the rank of the village idiot on this board (you set yourself up on purpose, didn't you?) :) )

You spouted:

: The date 607 is well and truly firmly established despite the hoopla on this board and the dogmatic pretensions of the Jonsson hypotheis a view espoused by an apostate, Carl Jonsson.

The only problem with this crap is that you claim the 607 date is "firmly established" YET NOT ONE PERSON out of WatchtowerLand would concur with you.

So, how is 607 "Firmly established," fuckwit?

I got lotsa more.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby

LMAO!

Gumby

• scholar
    scholar

Farkel

Yes, for your information 607 is well established by the research of celebrated WT scholars under the influence of Holy Spirit. You have a nothing chronology or at best a pretend chronology based upon false stories.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit