586 607 Jerusalem destroyed.

by PoppyR 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

A dub evolves from Jehovah's Witnesss->JW->jay DOUBle u->jay DOUB->DOUB->DUB

You will also come across words produced from dub such as dubbies, dubdom (sometimes play of words gives dumbdom) dubiness and dubland (also plays to dumbland).

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

If you look in any encloypidia (cant spell) it will give you the true date,

when i first got on this site i posted two threads about it and someone gave me the line of the kings where you can check from the bible how long each one ruled for and get to the date that way too, (i wanted proof from the bible it wasn't true!) (it's on my topic history if you click on my name)

ps. i've just read your profile and i would definately advise fading rather than being dfed just from my own experience it causes too much heartache if youre family are dubs!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    If you look in any encloypidia (cant spell) it will give you the true date

This made me laugh because I suddenly remembered how Witnesses take so much pride in showing people from the encyclopedia that Christmas has pagan roots or that God's name is YHWH. But when the encyclopedia doesn't help their cause, suddenly it's not reliable. Funny the way the cult mentality works.

SNG

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Someone said 607? Well, then it`s just a matter of time before "celebrated Scholar JW" shows up, ha ha.

(for the new guy: There`s loyal JW who shows up here, whenever this issue is discussed. He is completely obsessed about the issue, and argues on behalf of the WTS as well as he can...doesn`t work, he loses every time, ha ha )

• Honesty
    Honesty

Watchtower publications do not support 607 B.C. (using B.C.E. is another WT attempt at dethroning Jesus) as the date that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. Rather, it points to the period of 586/587 B.C. as shown below:

*** Rbi8 Zechariah 7:1-7 ***
    7 Furthermore, it came about that in the fourth year of Da·ri'us the king the word of Jehovah occurred to Zech·a·ri'ah, on the fourth [day] of the ninth month, [that is,] in Chis'lev. 2 And Beth'el proceeded to send Shar·e'zer and Re'gem-mel'ech and his men to soften the face of Jehovah, 3 saying to the priests who belonged to the house of Jehovah of armies, and to the prophets, even saying: “Shall I weep in the fifth month, practicing an abstinence, the way I have done these O how many years?”
    4 And the word of Jehovah of armies continued to occur to me, saying: 5 “Say to all the people of the land and to the priests, When YOU fasted and there was a wailing in the fifth [month] and in the seventh [month], and this for seventy years, did YOU really fast to me, even me? 6 And when YOU would eat and when YOU would drink, were not YOU the ones doing the eating, and were not YOU the ones doing the drinking? 7 [Should YOU] not [obey] the words that Jehovah called out by means of the former prophets, while Jerusalem happened to be inhabited, and at ease, with her cities all around her, and [while] the Neg'eb and the She·phe'lah were inhabited

*** it-1 583-4 Darius ***
    It is particularly with regard to the rebuilding of the temple at Jerusalem that Darius Hystaspis figures in the Bible record. The temple foundation was laid in 536 B.C.E., but rebuilding work came under ban in 522 B.C.E. and “continued stopped until the second year of the reign of Darius” (520 B.C.E.). (Ezr 4:4, 5, 24) During this year the prophets Haggai and Zechariah stirred up the Jews to renew the construction, and the work got under way again. (Ezr 5:1, 2; Hag 1:1, 14, 15; Zec 1:1) This provoked an inquiry and the sending of a letter to Persian King Darius by Tattenai, the governor representing the imperial interests in the region W of the Euphrates, and other officials. The letter advised him of the construction work, set forth the Jews’ claim for the legality of the project, and requested an investigation in the royal archives to see if there existed written evidence to substantiate that claim. (Ezr 5:3-17) The Jewish declaration that contrasted the actions of the Chaldean Nebuchadnezzar, as the destroyer of the temple, with the Persian Cyrus, as the one authorizing its reconstruction, should have had an appropriate and felicitous effect on Darius since, in the first years of his reign, he had to overcome two revolts by rebels each taking the name Nebuchadnezzar (called Nebuchadnezzar III and Nebuchadnezzar IV by historians), claiming to be sons of Nabonidus, and endeavoring to make Babylon independent of the Persian Empire.

*** it-2 1078 Temple ***
    The Temple Built by Zerubbabel. As foretold by Jehovah’s prophet Isaiah, God raised up Cyrus king of Persia as a liberator of Israel from the power of Babylon. (Isa 45:1) Jehovah also stirred up his own people under the leadership of Zerubbabel of the tribe of Judah to return to Jerusalem. This they did in 537 B.C.E., after 70 years of desolation, as Jeremiah had foretold, for the purpose of rebuilding the temple. (Ezr 1:1-6; 2:1, 2; Jer 29:10) This structure, though not nearly so glorious as Solomon’s temple, endured longer, standing for nearly 500 years, from 515 B.C.E. to very late in the first century B.C.E. (The temple built by Solomon had served about 420 years, from 1027 to 607 B.C.E.)

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Hey there - I'm also new to this site....the 607 lies are what did it for me in deciding to leave the JWs. I went round and round for weeks in the Society's publications and Bible trying to make sense of everything. It doesn't add up because the Society has fabricated the date of 607 to support the 70 year prophecy. Keep up your research and pray to god for help. When you're ready to venture out of the Society's publications read "The Gentile Times Reconsidered"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0914675060/qid=1130501197/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7338309-5965743?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The questions will just grow and snowball if you find the lies behind this one. Take your time but be proud of yourself for looking into something that should be understood backward and forward by every witness. Just a note......I even asked two elders and a circuit overseer for info. on this because I was so confused about the 607 thing! The elders (long time, raised in the truth elders) knew nothing of the problem that we as witnesses have a totally different date for Jerusalems fall than does secular history. The CO basically looked confused when I asked him and told me to read the heading of Chronology in the Insight Book, which basically discredits all the hard secular and archealogical evidence out there.

Welcome to the site!! Look forward to hearing more from you!

• garybuss
    garybuss

You might want to do a little research on Numerology as well. William Miller, the Second Advent movement, the Bible Students, and Jehovah's Witnesses practice Numerology. Those formulas you are looking at are Numerology exercises.
    The "faith" part they are asking for is "faith" in the spirit channelers who own the printing presses. You are looking at Numerology and occult spirit channelers.

• TheListener
    TheListener

607 was a major factor in the scales falling from my eyes as well.

The fact that we used to preach that the time of the end started 1799, and that Jesus returned 1874 helped quite a bit as well.

There is truly a wealth of data on this board (and other sites) to help you along in this journey.

By the way, one of my favorite topics has become cross verus stake. I know it's not a major doctrinal underpinning of witness theology but it is something dubs are dogmatic about.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

If you've not read it... "Crisis of Concience" has an interesting bit about the 607 thinking in the organisation... especially from the Writing dept point of view. You can order it on line, it's a real eye opener on many subjects.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I wrote a piece called "586 BC For Total Dunderheads" which also shows how, using the WT publications alone, one can easily see that the 607 date is wrong. Here it is:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/74549/1.ashx

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit