586 607 Jerusalem destroyed.

by PoppyR 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Thank you all so much, I have read every post and cross referenced every article was very surprised by someone who said "what is the significance of this anyway"!!!! It is THE VERY BASIS of everything I've been taught and I've been shaken to my roots to discover it's not true. I just want to go into the KH and shout it out...lol, but dont worry I wont. I am smart, I know the most sensible option is to leave quietly. I want to see my family, I want to see my sister get married (she's just about to) my brother and sister in law (who was my best friend growing up) are just about to have a baby. It may be cowardly but I want to be around to see all that and dont see disfellowshipping or disassociation as the way to go. And I know they wouldn't listen if I talked to them about this, just as I wouldn't have a few years ago, how blind!!

I just feel my life is starting. I'm 36 years old and the world is gorgeous. All the things I thought were bad, evil, not to be touched, enjoyed. looked at. Suddenly.. I can see. And for the first time in .. ever I think, i can imagine having a relationship with god that isn't about what i'm NOT doing.

Have so much more to say, but want to carry on reading, studying etc etc. I have ordered Crisis of conscience from amazon, i want to read that for myself.

Poppy xx

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thank you Googlemagoogle for the link to the www.607v587.com site. Its so frustrating to read the societys answers to his letter as they always try to spin the argument and never give direct answers. They are just like typical politicians that hide behind their lies and only tell what they want to be known to others. I can only imagine how frustrated this person must have been to take all that time to write thoese letters with all the qoutes and research, only to have the watchtower try to use circular reasoning and spin some non related nonsence his way.

Ticker

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Hey Poppym we had a couple of threads where pretty much everything about this is analysed to pieces (with "celebrated Scholar JW"representing the WTS-view: In short, we intelectually massacred him, ha ha). You should read thru the entire threads, especially the posts by Jeffro, he is the master on this issue:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/96152/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/98966/1.ashx

...after these threads, you`ll know more about the 607-crap than even those morons in Brooklyn. Good luck!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

That "hey idiot, even YOU can understand this one!" thread by Farkel was awesome. Thanks for reposting that link, Dude.

Dave

• robhic
    robhic

And let's not forget one of the all-time best and most definitive posts on the subject -- Alleymom's K.I.S.S. article.

It's like the "kiss of death!" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/55372/1.ashx

Robert

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I wonder what Scholar is going to say about the view of the celebrated watchtower scholars?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Actually, if you want the full story about the issue (with all the evidence) in easy to understand language, and read about how the 586 evidence was presented to the Governing Body in the 1970s, you would have to read C. O. Jonsson's Gentile Times Reconsidered:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0914675060/qid=1130516996/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl14?v=glance

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is scholar going to defend the WT and their 607 doctrine on this thread or is the crazy train from DubLand he rides running behind schedule?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Here comes Scholar...

• bebu
    bebu
    Is scholar going to defend the WT and their 607 doctrine on this thread or is the crazy train from DubLand he rides running behind schedule?

ROFL!!!! That caught me off-guard!!

Poppy, so glad to hear that the implications of all of this are putting color into your world!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit