Thinking of getting reinstated? Read my story.

by Jez 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jez
    Jez

Defd: I agree. People are not in it for Jehovah. At least YOU realize that, but the entire religion has been set up to mislead their members into believing that they ARE in it for God, when in fact, they are worshipping and following an organization.

You and a few others that I know, are JWs with the enlightened awareness that you need to separate God and the Organization. That makes you a quasi-Jehovahs Witness. Sadly, the majority do not realize this and buy into EVERYTHING that the grandmasters say.

Jez

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

What you said about friendship is about acceptance. Words to live by. Your story is unbelievable. I am so thankful for a sight like this. You learn so much. I had no idea the DF/ reinstatment process was so unbiblical!!

How can you say someone is reinstated and they delay it? Crazy. Just crazy.

Thank you for sharing you story

I know what to expect when I finally make my way out.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Jez,

Thanks for sharing your recent life experience in being reinstated.

Hard to believe that in 2.5 months the elders approached you for a reinstatement letter and with not attending all meetings. And your friends said after you reinstatement: we can play cards! (rolling my eyes as I read that comment too, what love!) NO phone calls from people...and it took your brother 2 weeks to call you?

An organizaiton of brotherly love: NOT

Sorry you went thru all of this, but I think your thread will get many who are df'd to rethink "why get reinstated"?

Codeblue

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I guess what I meant is, that I need to at least make an effort. I'm realising even now that I won't be upset if it doesn't work, but in twenty years or so when my folks are dying, I want to know that I did at least try to make things better between us, even if they didn't, for all the reasons we understand. I've given up on most things in my life too soon and I know where to draw the line with this one.

If it works, I don't expect anything to change at all... I expect that of the thousand acquaintances and former friends, I will re-establish contact with three I love dearly, and it won't be the same even then. My siblings will always despise me for 'what I have done to the family', but we'll go back to the minimal contact we had before I did my thing. What I'm going for is the right to phone them up without them hanging up on me, and the right to be involved in important family matters without the poison that is currently directed at me. There's nothing else I expect I'll get.

I don't want a witness social life, I don't want elders visiting me to see how things are going. I just want to be able to call my folks up a couple of times a year; enough to still be a daughter, but not enough for them to know how I feel about The Truth.

I think you're extraordinary Jez. Of all the witnesses I ever knew, it was those who had been reinstated I liked the most; they're the ones who wanted something enough to fight for it; whether it was because they actually believed it, or because they wanted their people back, doesn't matter to me. I just respect that they had the strength to keep fighting.

• joanne_
    joanne_

Hi there, I have to totally agree with everyone here. You explained yourself so well, so nicely written. This definately has to go into the 'best of' section.

I would say 'be strong'...but you already are...LOL...You are a very strong person!

Please keep us updated.

joanne

• kj
    kj

Definitely "best of" material! You have come a LONG way. Just reading this, compared to when you first started posting about getting reinstated. I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way like you did, and that your sister-in-law's friendship wasn't what you thought it was. You are worth much more than that, and I hope you find friends who love you for who you are. You sound like a friend worth having.

kj

• Jez
    Jez

Codeblue: Thank you for your words. Yes, my brother still does not contact me at all. I have tried emailing him a few times, but nothing much on his part. I know that he does not view me as worthy yet and another thing, he does not want to talk about the past at all. I can't move on, until he validates the pain I have gone through. My mother shuns me still. I have no idea why.

Sass: You are so right. And this is no ones decision but your own. I only hope to allow ppl thinking about reinstatement to go in with eyes wide open. I did this for family and it DOES feel good to know that I now have the freedom to call them if I choose to, without them hanging up on me.

My SIL is still my friend. My hope is that we will someday become best friends again, but only time will tell. I gave so much for her, I do not know if she will ever realize the sacrifice that I made, for her. For now, I am just seeing where this journey takes me.

Jez

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

i really enjoyed your experience and I feel for you. Thank you for sharing that with us.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are a very harsh lot one would expect them to be open hearted and welcoming as the father to the prodigal returning son, the coldness with which they greet the "repentant" and the degradations they subject them to, once more reminds us of their real ocultic satanic roots, that they have nothing to do with the christian spirit.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Thank you sharing this painful experience with us.

The sad thing was that after I read it I realize that I was not surprised by the outcome!

Just like everything else the WTS implies in their promises to the RF, following their rules leads to a big let-down. They promise some ideal reward that never materializes, because those promises are baseless and the people are hollowed out, robots. These people can't give what they don't have anymore. The WTS sucks the humanity right out of their subjects. It is all just for show, the smiling faces, happy K-Halls, loving Elders. Their orginization functions in a very two dimensional world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit