Thinking of getting reinstated? Read my story.

by Jez 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Jez-

You outgrew your roots//////

difficult, but REAL.

kimberlee d.

• blondie
    blondie
    I realized that when family fanatically shuns a member, it is often just a shield used to hide a very mentally, emotionally and spiritually sick person.

Very good narrative, jez! It shows that once your mind and heart are thoroughly convinced the WTS is NOT "the truth" you can't go back. This scripture oft mentioned by the WTS is truly applied when anyone goes BACK to the WTS.

2 Peter 2:22

The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: "The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire."

Thanks for sharing this with any ex-JW tempted to go back.

Love, Blondie

• sf
    sf

Definetly one for the "best of" category.

{{{ Jez }}}

My mother still shuns my children and me. She was at my sisters wedding at the beginning of Sept and while she associated with my df’ed sister and all the other grandchildren, she shunned us. I realized that when family fanatically shuns a member, it is often just a shield used to hide a very mentally, emotionally and spiritually sick person.

I had a similar situation earlier this year at a wedding where "worldly family" were involved. Jws act so much different at these weddings, in my experience. [ you can look through my topic history to find some of those posts if you are so inclined ]

I told her later on how well she wore The Mask. I also told her it wa all I could do to not announce to several people that day, whom are oblivious to how jws REALLY VIEW WORLDLY people, that your belief is that they are truly wicked and will SOON die at Armageddon, at the hands of THEIR WT GOD.

Indeed the shunning policy and the insane twisting of the scriptures that results in how each jw is trained to view such, is dyabolical and a disgrace.

As someone that I'm very fond of always pens:

"The Watchtower and the Creed of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a SHAM and a
    LIE and a FRAUD and a SCANDAL and a DAMNED OUTRAGE from start to finish."

Take good care Jez.

sKally

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

((((((Jez)))))

That was full of profound insights. I hope this stays on top a long time for those thinking about doing the same for friends or family.

Jst2

• sf
    sf

CTR........
    "Beware of 'organization.' It is wholly un-necessary. The
    Bible will be the only rules you need. Do not seek to bind
    other consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours.
    Believe and obey so far as you can understand God's word
    today, and so continue to growing in grace and knowledge
    day by day." - Zion's Watch Tower, 1895, p. 216

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

This is a very profound post and I know it will help many. Thanks for posting it.

• skyman
    skyman

My dad worked so hard to get back in and now he can't stand to set through the meetings, he almost goes inside out. He hates going but to make my mom happy he does. When we get together he tells me what I missed and we have a good laugh. It is so clear to both of us the TRUTH about the TROOF.

((((HUG)))) thanks for your post

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

((((Jez))))

I was just thinking about you the other day, I hadn't seen you around here for awhile. So sorry for all you've been through! Hang in there girl!

BB

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((Jez)))

Love and light,

ESTEE

• bebu
    bebu

I really admire you, jez!

Everyone goes thru hard experiences in life, but not everyone learns the lessons from them, or shares the lessons so eloquently. I agree that this should go under "Best Of".

Thanks so much.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit