WT Dec 1st 2005, calls us "pests" to be exterminated

by BluesBrother 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I was indoctrinated with this hard core supremacist shit from birth,it is truly a triumph of human spirit that i was able to turn it all around.-Danny Haszard

Respect.

By the way: Funny thing about being compared to pests: Cockroaches are the hardest living creatures in the world to exterminate. In fact, in case of a nuclear holocaust, it`s believed that the one species that would be sure to survive, is the cockroach. They adapt very easily to new (and to all other species, hostile) environments. The Watchtower, however, is in a downward spiral, judging by the decreasing number of baptisms each year. Yeah, they can live in the dream that they`ll "rake out their bones and move in".

• carla
    carla

You know in rereading it, I think a jw would respond with something like this, " the article doesn't say only jw's will survive or that all non jw's are pests, it is simply saying that the ungodly will be destroyed'.

But as we know the only godly humans on earth are jw's in their minds. I think most jw's are just loathe to actually admit it outloud because they know it sounds ungodly and judgemental to 'outsiders'. Still believing it though.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I went door-to-door for about 40 years. I never had mean thoughts about people getting it at Armaggedon...guess I just wasn't in the loop on that. I had a few doors slammed in my face and my friends and I usually found that funny!!! I met a lot of very nice people who didn't take the literature but I didn't really blame them! It was a chore to read that stuff all the time. My family didn't say stuff like Danny's father said to him. I heard other people say it in the group, but I just let it roll off my back...I mean where did it say that in the Bible? I remember sitting in meetings and looking up scriptures and reading along with the speaker and if he applied it to what I believed it meant, I just silently refused his take on it. Now that I look back, I wonder how as a kid of 10 or 12, I could think like that? I have NEVER believed that all people who weren't JW's were not going to make it. When I studied with people, I would usually read those paragraphs in the book but made it a point to never discuss it. We just kind of blew over that part!!! I could not bring myself ever to believe or tell anyone that the elders were "princes." I knew better!!! I guess that's why I'm here now...just couldn't keep believing their lies and for the most part looking back, I don't think I ever believed a lot of it.

Since I was raised in this religion, it took me a long time to get out of it. I did believe that I was doing what God wanted me to do...going to the meetings and door-to-door, etc. When I got really sick was when I started to get bad feelings about the religion in itself. All my service buddies, and I had a ton, kept coming by my house and trying to get me back out in service or to the meetings. I was too sick and in too much pain and they just ignored that! All I kept hearing was how I had to get to the meetings!!! At the time I was having to take strong pain meds everyday, now I get spinal epidurals for the pain. I could not get far from the bed...and all they could say to me was that I needed to get to the KH! (My drs. were all telling me to stay mostly in bed until they could figure out what to do!) I saw how programmed they were and I realized that I had been the same way. Then I got an e-mail about the U.N.....and the rest is history!

My point is: I don't think all JW's believe that they are the only ones going to live through Armaggedon. A lot of them have family outside the org and I know for a fact they don't believe all of them are going to die. In my estimate, I'd say that it would be about a 70/30 split on those that do actually believe what is written in the Watchtower...with 70 being the majority. I knew a lot of elders, pioneers, etc. that taught what they were supposed to but didn't really think it was going to happen that way. Of course, it looks like a number of them are leaving and so that will leave an even larger majority to the thinking that everyone must die, die, die!

Swalker

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

On my last post I said:

I remember sitting in meetings and looking up scriptures and reading along with the speaker and if he applied it to what I believed it meant, I just silently refused his take on it.

What I meant to say was:

If the speaker applied a scripture in a way that I didn't agree with, (like taking a scripture out of context to use for a point that he wanted to make) I just set there and silently refused to believe what he was saying.

Look what independent thinking will do to you!!!

Swalker

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Jehovah's Witnesses are a political party in denial. Their objective is to overthrow the existing governments. God will back their new government but stay absent and invisible. Their government run by them will rule the world.

"The Watchtower Explains The Theocratic Government."
    The Jehovah's Witnesses are political in nature, political in outlook, political in operation, and political in structure. This is a political party masquerading as a religion advocating viewing humans as "pests" to be exterminated. I think it's time this group was investigated at the highest levels of government. The group is a detriment to society, it's a threat to personal freedoms, it promotes religious bigotry, and it obviously is operating from a base of prejudice and intolerance.
    Where are the great advocates of freedom and tolerance? Why is this group still operating freely with tax free benefits in the United States?
    "Jehovah's Witnesses Make Hate A Religion" was a headline in the Saturday Evening Post. It's time for another article followed by a Congressional investigation.

• undercover
    undercover
    I don't think all JW's believe that they are the only ones going to live through Armaggedon. A lot of them have family outside the org and I know for a fact they don't believe all of them are going to die. In my estimate, I'd say that it would be about a 70/30 split on those that do actually believe what is written in the Watchtower...with 70 being the majority.

A lot of JWs deep down inside don't believe that only JWs will survive Armageddon. But those that believe that people other than JWs can survive aren't keeping with the program. The WTS plainly states in publication after publication that only by association with God's Orgainzation will one survive God's war on the wicked.

The fact that so many JWs try to defend the doctrine by saying "Only Jehovah knows" or "We can't say who will or who won't" shows that even though they are followers of the what they think or hope is the true religion, something keeps them from accepting the teaching that everybody but JWs will be destroyed.

I think the term "cognitive dissonance" applies here.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The fact that so many JWs try to defend the doctrine by saying "Only Jehovah knows" or "We can't say who will or who won't" shows that even though they are followers of the what they think or hope is the true religion, something keeps them from accepting the teaching ;that everybody but JWs will be destroyed.

I think the term "cognitive dissonance" applies here.

I agree, UC. Wifey and I often over our tenure as witnesses discussed 'privately' our thinking that God would not destroy 'innocents' along with the blatantly wicked. Especially little children and the mentally and emotionally 'retarded' ones. I have a family member with a low IQ - maybe a 2nd grade mentallity - she is the absolute kindest, most sincere and genuinely loving person one could meet. I just could not envision that a loving GOd would destroy her. She was and is not capable of understanding complex or even simple theological positions. But she does go to church I think, and she speaks often of Jesus and God in a simple way. I wish I could be more like her in so many ways.

I think in our case, cog dissonance was making this imposssible to allign with witness thinking, and so we excused the Watchtower hate statements much as you describe for years. I have heard other witnesses with similar opinions expressed also.

Danny and swalker, much of what you say I could have written myself. I only thank God daily that I got out when I did.

Jeff

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's a metaphor the Society has used before:

*** w72 1/1 p. 4 A Great Change Near—What Is It? ***

The farmer would burn over his field, perhaps to get rid of grasshopper pests and for the benefit of crops to grow in the field the next season. Likewise, God purposes to destroy, not the earth, but those who practice the things that make the times critical and hard to live in and who, by their selfishness, are polluting and "ruining the earth." He is interested in persons’ living in right conditions on it. He assured Israel of their return to their land, speaking of himself as "the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited." He will see that the entire earth is inhabited under the secure, peaceful conditions of his Kingdom rule.—Rev. 11:18; Isa. 45:18.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

i'm having flashbacks.............ewwwwwww

• steve2
    steve2
    COC Ray Franz overheard his uncle Watchtower top leader Fred Franz describe the Billion(s) of children rendered 'bird food' at armageddon as [quote] "..well little nits they grow up to be big nits"[unquote]

While not completely absolving the Watchtower of responsibility for its offensively dehumanizing statements, the precedent is scripture itself.

The Old Testament (Hebrew Scriptures) uses similar reasoning about why "God's people" should get rid of every living human being, regardless of age or level of infirmity, in the process of claiming "the promised land." Such statements are just as disgusting in scripture as they are in modern-day religious texts.

The enlightened concept of conscientious objection is a much more recent one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit