My so-called life

by riko 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the site.

Over time, I hope you find the peace and happiness that is really out there, and put the witness past behind you. There is a great life out there waiting for you!

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

Welcome Welcome Welcome ,

You wil find many peple here who you can share your experiences with. Don't ever feel that you are alone.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Riko- Your story hits so very close to home with me. You will find some great help here! Welcome and get ready to feel better!

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Welcome Riko,

Unfortunately your story is a familiar theme that runs through the Watchtower. Stick around, there are many fine people here who understand and will give support.

• evita
    evita

Welcome Riko

You seem wise beyond your years as a result of your difficulties. Your story is heartbreaking and all too familiar. I know you'll find much acceptance and support here on this board.
    Sending a hug your way, Eva

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Welcome. I understand what you are going through feeling like you have not cultivated any social skills. Keep in mind you don't need to be a social butterfly either. I found that bonding with a few people was more suited to my character than partying it up in large groups, but you need to decide what's best for yourself.

I too left when I was 18 years old, and after several long and awkward months in my house I was finally away to college. College had a vastly positive impact on my life and Ive grown a lot as a person since Ive left. I recommend reading a lot even if you arent going to college. Read the psychology, sociology, philosophy and religion that were "bad wordly influences before". You need not identify with what it is saying completely but I think there is a lot of diverse thought in the world you can pull some good and direction out of.

Hugs.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Riko: welcome!

Hang in there, with the depression. Mine has eased since i started being very proactive about dealing with it. I suggest getting serious about exercise and diet; especially sunshine. I can't explain it, it just works. Also, developing new interests gives you opportunities to meet people and learn new things about yourself. Finally, what helped me most was volunteering. Helping people who are in a bad way has been great for changing my perspective on my own life, and I realise that there are many ways to have a bad one, and that the people who do well are the ones who actively make it happen.

Don't give up on improving your life!

• vitty
    vitty

You bet were here, and you WILL get answers too

(((((( riko))))))

• forsharry
    forsharry

Welcome Riko!

::BIG HUGS:: I've been there too! I had a terrible time trying to find my way in the 'worldly' world, terrified of men, (cause they're evil dontcha know. ;), socially inept, mistrusting, not knowing how the heck to make friends and desperately alone. It's not an easy road...I've dealt with severe depression, and still battle with an eating disorder. I'm on medication now and am seeing a therapist and honestly? Things are going pretty good ie. getting better.

This is what depression is ultimately. It is misplaced anger. And just why should any of us "Witness Brats" be angry, really? Hmm...my list goes on and on just as everyone's here does. Just know that you're not alone here, Riko...you've got friends in us. We've been through the same trauma that you've dealt with and that you have every right to feel what you are feeling. Don't give in to the 'sadness.' Life can be good and fun and a joy to experience. And I'm seriously not one of those "Up with People" kind of persons. ;) Just take every day at a time...talk about your experiences, ask questions, rant even. We like to read.

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((Welcome to the board))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit