My so-called life

by riko 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Riko!!

This board is full of people who have suffered at the hands of the Borg {WT Society}

Ian (Dansk) is so right, I need not repeat his post. But welcome aboard , stay around and meet lots of other people who thought they were misfits, too

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Hi Riko - great to have another Brit on here! Do not for one second feel you have lost your youth - I only really began mine properly at 23. also some of my family come from durham - my great great aunt beatrice was in that congregation as was her daughter Margaret who I believe got df'ed at least once for drinking. So you are in good company. LOL! Do feel free to pm me.

crumpet x

• riko
    riko

Wow, thank you everyone for your kind words. I've been on this forum for a couple of hours and already the people have given me more support and made me feel more welcome than 20 years in the 'Truth'. The Truth, it's ridiculous we're meant to refer to it as that, yet more manipulation. A child grows up calling it the truth, how could they question that if it's the truth.

Dansk, thank you for the welcome! You're right, I hope more people will open their eyes and see the orginisation for what it truly is, sooner rather than later, it's comforting to know there are people out there with more compassion in their little finger than the society in its entirety.

Dawn, thank you for the advice, a college course does sound like a good idea, it's almost like starting school again the way it should have happened the first time. It's something I have considered as well as counselling, I'm not sure how easy it is over here but I'll certainly look into it.

consider this your chance for a rebirth

I suppose when you're so far down, the only way is up, eh? jgnat, what you've been through is horrific, you have such amazing strength.

I'm so touched by the response I've got here, I can't thank you enough. It's so encouraging to meet people who have been in the same place as I am now and to see how strong they've become

thank you

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Riko

It sounds as if you've been through a very rough time. I'm glad you found us. Ramble away, it's part of the healing process. It also helps others to see that they're not alone

Cellist.

• lola28
    lola28

Riko, welcome to the board.

You have been through so much and yet here you are, a little wounded but still standing. You must be a strong person to have suffered so much and still be able to function.Please realize that you are not alone many of the posters here have had to endure the same things and they have still managed to make good lives for themselves. Once you have been through hell things can only get better.

lola

• alw
    alw

Welcome to the board Riko - I'm sure you will find healing and encouragement here. Enjoy the journey - alw

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi riko, welcome to the board, you will find friends here

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Welcome Riko!

You said:

I never fitted in with anyone while growing up in the Truth and I wasn't allowed to associate with any of the 'worldly' kids which has left me in a state where I can't make friends or feel comfortable around anyone. I never developed any social skills through the restrictions imposed on me and I've suffered from depression for around 4 years, it becoming more serious in the last year. In short, I've lost my youth. I'm terrified of people, I'm even nervous about writing this, being told you've never done a thing right takes its toll eventually.

So many of us here can relate who were born/raised as a JW child. You miss out on so much. But personally I have learnt so much since leaving that organisation. Admittedly it has taken time. Its meant pushing myself to do things that scare me. But slowly but surely I have developed self confidence and learnt what makes me genuninally happy. This board can be really good for healing as well. We all have our moments of good days and bad days but talking to people and developing relationships with them when they understand you completely will help you so much.

I can tell your intelligent just from your posts. So if you can go to college do it. You have a brain just waiting to be exercised!

Again, welcome...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

riko, your story reminds me of my sister. Welcom to this forum. You'll find plenty of support here.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Riko,

So nice to have you here! I was an elder's only child and expected to set the example at the Hall with perfect dress, behavior, commenting, etc. All very stressful to be such a goody-goody, and the other kids didn't like me much. I became quiet and a loner. The neighbor kids were lots of fun, but I could only play with them a little bit because they were worldly. I totally understand what you mean by having trouble making friends and ever feeling comfortable with people. If you don't get to learn to be sociable as a child, it's tough later on, isn't it?

This group uplifts me so much, even if I just lurk and read, I always feel so good knowing other people went thru the same things and really understand! Please stick around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit