Men and women don't understand eachother

by ballistic 46 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Whenever, as a man I start to pout and whine about not getting enough sex, I try to think back on some episodes of Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel and I realize that human males just don't have it that bad. In the animal world of natural selection most male beasts have to fight with the strongest, baddest male competitor just to get the females attention. After getting his ass kicked, torn and chewed in a fight with the Alpha male, he still might not get any. The female might just run off into the woods. In the cat world, the poor male cat has to be very cautious when approaching the female for mating. She may just claw him a new one. And then after she finally lets him mate for a bit, she claws him again and runs him away until she's in the mood again. Well, okay, female cats aren't that much different than humans.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes agreed - at least for the human male sex is "available" (I use the word with caution! ) all year around - he does not have to wait for a female to be "is season" "on heat"

I will add that I heard the Service Overseer use the phrase that "Young Sister So-and-So" is "on-heat"- disgusting really that elders will use such phrases though I confess I burts out laughing at the time

• enosant
    enosant

Maybe the words of this song sheds some light on this predicament. It touches on the fear we have in a relationship of taking a step or not as the case may be and losing the one we love as a result. Chis Martin's lyrics really boils it down to the essentials!

Coldplay X&Y - What If?
     What if there was no lie Nothing wrong, nothing right What if there was no time And no reason, or rhyme What if you should decide That you don't want me there by your side That you don't want me there in your life What if I got it wrong And no poet or song Could put right what I got wrong Or make you feel I belong What if you should decide That you don't want me there by your side That you don't want me there in you life Ooh ooh-ooh, that's right Let's take a breath, try to hold it inside Ooh ooh-ooh, that's right How can you know it, if you don't even try Ooh ooh-ooh, that's right Every step that you take Could be your biggest mistake It could bend or it could break That's the risk that you take What if you should decide That you don't want me there in your life That you don't want me there by your side Ooh ooh-ooh, that's right Let's take a breath, try to hold it inside Ooh ooh-ooh, that's right How can you know when you don't even try Ooh ooh-ooh, that's right 

If you don't have this album I recommend you get it or let me know and I'll email you this song.

enosant
    Un peut de bien ne peut faire de mal - es.67
  • Cady
    Cady

You remember the old jw line about not using the word "free" to describe the literature? Oddly enough they were right on the psych aspect of that. Anything gotten too easily is not as valued. As much as guys like the chase, girls do too (though they might not agree if you asked them) b/c if you're too easy to get, there's the thought that something's wrong w/you or you'd already be taken. Also, a lot of women (this is prob true for men too, but I can't say) feel somewhat inadequate so if you want her badly, she's thinking "what's so wrong w/him that he wants me so much?" I find this to be particularly the case to women who appear to be the strongest to an outside observer.

Good luck in the oldest of games,

c.

• enosant
    enosant

Here! Here! Caddy.

It's a lose-lose game! Only chance wins.

enosant
    Un peut de bien ne peut faire de mal - es.67
  • dezpbem
    dezpbem
    Also, a lot of women (this is prob true for men too, but I can't say) feel somewhat inadequate so if you want her badly, she's thinking "what's so wrong w/him that he wants me so much?" I find this to be particularly the case to women who appear to be the strongest to an outside observer.

Now there's a take on it i've never heard.

You learn something new everyday.

• chrissy
    chrissy

'I'm starting to like you too much... I'm gunna try not to speak or see you for a few days'
    what??? :0

hmm. not sure about that one ballistic. this internet dating thing is really throwing you some curveballs, huh? hang in there guy.

when trying to figure out the games of game playing women, men should keep in mind the words of natalie portman in "closer"... "lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking off her clothes." sure, lying and playing twisted mind games may be completely different things, but they can also be one in the same. ...i don't condone that philosophy, but at the same time, it seemed to work well for her. :-o

• Legolas
    Legolas

There are only 4 things that I know men want...

1) Eat

2)Sleep

3) Crap

4) Sex

Now did I leave any out?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    There are only 4 things that I know men want...

1) Eat

2)Sleep

3) Crap

4) Sex

Now did I leave any out?

ballistic: A book I'd highly recommend to help the sexes understand each other is Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps by Allan and Barbara Pease. You'll still think women are insane but at least you'll have some idea why!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ballistic:
    Sounds like you've gone in too heavy too soon.

Did ya tell her ya love her before the third date?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit