Men and women don't understand eachother

by ballistic 46 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Why you go to the rest room in pairs or greater?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Why women "tend to" use absolutes like NEVER, ALWAYS etc .. as in "You NEVER buy me flowers" when the sentence should read " You dont buy me flowers as often as I would like, it is nearly 12 months since you last bought them for me?

• enosant
    enosant

If only it was that simple!

enosant
    Un peut de bien ne peut faire de mal - es.67
  • enosant
    enosant

Second that!

enosant
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why you go to the rest room in pairs or greater?

I don't know about this one. I haven't done this in years. But I suppose if it's in a restaurant, we're going to the restroom to use it and while there to talk about you men.

Why women "tend to" use absolutes like ; NEVER, ALWAYS etc .. as in "You NEVER buy me flowers" when the sentence should read " You dont buy me flowers as often as I would like, it is nearly 12 months since you last bought them for me?

Here's another one I find to be human and not a gender issue. I was talking to my ob/gyn one time about how my husband (now exhusband) was constantly telling me that I never do anything for him or I'm always this or that. He, my doctor, told me that he learned a long time ago to never say always or never. So here, it's not just women who exaggerate like this, it's a human problem, a bad habit that anyone can pick up.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591
    Why do women go to the restrooms in pairs or greater?

I think there are many reasons for this common behavior amongst my sisterhood. --it's a cult gathering! (What else?!)

1. Group Mentality - Ultimately they go to the toilet together because women are social creatures. The toilet trips are a way to get away from the group to share information, giving an intimacy and privacy to that information

Men would do it as well, but there is a certain stigma attached to going off together to the toilet. Women do not have this stigma, simply because for us the restrooms is not just a place that you go to the toilet, wash your hands, and leave as soon as possible. The female restroom provides a haven where (apart from toilet and washed hands) we can check appearance, and if needs be reapply make-up etc. - -the application of makeup is an exceedingly complex ritual. Not only does it take a great amount of fine motor skill, makeup application often requires the presence of at least one other woman. The second woman serves as a spotter, in case the first panics.

women are incapable of fixing their hair with the help of only a mirror; instead, we ask for the opinion of another woman who may or may not have good judgment. We do it anyway because she’s a “friend” and we (usually) trust her advice.

2.Social Reinforcement - As mentioned afore, women are social creatures, sometimes too social. So many times I have made the restroom trip with out a partner or posse and some strange woman always wrangles me into some uncomforatble conversation about her menses or life story. When you are in a pair or group, there is always someone to say "hey friend #1 we have to go to (insert place or event here)" It excuses you from the awkward conversation with out seeming like a jerk. -we have an irrational fear that if for some weird reason we're locked in, we'll at least have a companion. (More kudos if the companion has a cell phone).

3. A friend in need- is a friend indeed! This issue is kinda universal, we have all been there before. Sitting on the toilet minding your business and OH MY GOD! where is the toilet paper!!! Oh yeah, it happens! When you have a friend, you have someone who can search the place to bring you much needed supplies. It is also comforting to have some backup in case the stall door is faulty, a friend will gaurd the door providing a relaxing, secure environment to "handle your affairs"

--we take inventory of our purse contents, rearranging everything in alphanumerical and chronological order. Twice. We do this partly out of sheer habit and partly to drive our dates completely insane.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I bet this was a good looking girl, yeah? The kind that always has men waiting in the wings. This kind of girl is completely different to a normal kind of girl and how you handle her is different.

My Dear Ballistic, any young woman, good looking or not, may have men waiting in the wings. When it comes to sex, most women can get it if they want it and as many times as they want it. Thinking that you have to handle the "good looking" ones differently is a wee bit of a mind game you are playing with yourself.

We aren't that different from you. Really, we're not that hard to understand. Just tell us what you don't understand and we'll explain it to you.

Agreed. Unless she is playing the game with you. Some women do play games.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    We aren't that different from you. Really, we're not that hard to understand. Just tell us what you don't understand and we'll explain it to you.
    Agreed.Unless she is playing the game with you.; Some women do play games

This is true, Robdar. Some people love to play games. I should say, "Ask me, I'll answer your questions."I can't speak for everyone.

• enosant
    enosant

robdar wrote:

My Dear Ballistic, any young woman, good looking or not, may have men waiting in the wings. When it comes to sex, most women can get it if they want it and as many times as they want it.

Sounds like the voice of experience! But I quite agree. Sex is generally more available to women then to men, despite that most men think its the other way round! Having said that ... it doesn't leave much room for maneuvre for us (the unfair sex!?) does it! Puppets on strings? Playthings? Its down to the willingness of both parties to stay faithful to each other ...

Computing probability of said outcome for a random couple in a population distribution skewed by depressed male self esteem ... wait ... wait ... wait ... _

We are all f*cked aren't we? Don't worry I'm not mad or anything, its just that I have delayed accepting the obvious until now. Perhaps this forum is a good place to admit that and do something about it! What exactly remains to be worked out ...

enosant
    You will know the truth and the truth will set you three ...!
  • Robdar
    Robdar
    Sex is generally more available to women then to men, despite that most men think its the other way round!

But only because men are so willing to give it! Some of the most non-pretty women I know have 3 or 4 guys whom they can call when they are feeling lonely.

Playthings? Its down to the willingness of both parties to stay faithful to each other ...

Exactly. And that's the problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit