hello, i'm new :)

by MRSJG 44 Replies latest jw friends

• MRSJG
    MRSJG

new to the forum, new to the truth. trying to get a better understanding of what i'm looking for.

i'm a young married mother of three beatuiful babies. my husband is a baptized JW, he was raised in the truth, he got away for awhile we met and made the decision to bring our children up in the truth. so far every single one of the brothers and sisters have been nothing but amazingly friendly. i was raised cathloic, i've now been having weekly book studies and attending the meetings for about 7 months. everything i've learned seems so common sense i feel like i know this is the truth. i'm joining your forum as well as researching all i can as a sort of "sealing the deal" with myself. i'm having a hard time letting go of some of the traditions we grew up with, and recently my mother whom i haven't been close with in a long time got very sick and was given a blood transfusion, which gave me alot to think on. i guess i'm really just confused about everything.

• defd
    defd

oh man, Just keep doing what your doing. Pray to Jehovah, talk to your husband and follow Jesus example and EVERYTHING will be all right.

D.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Welcome MrsJG

Most of us here are ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'd suggest that you take your time and read through the many experiences here on this site. Also, take a look at www.freeminds.org

Jehovah's Witnesses are not all what they seem

• Jordan
    Jordan

Welcome to the board MRSJG... There's lots here to read, it's good you're researching the religion before jumping in head first.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Welcome to the forum Mrsjg, this is a great place to learn about your prospective faith.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't worry. Your mom is not a Jehovah's Witness, so her conscience is not bothered about blood transfusions, nor can she be held accountable for doctrinal rules she has not been taught. Be grateful she is still alive, hold her hand, and tell her you love her.

Do you still attend family functions with your non-JW family?

• defd
    defd

soledad she asked for ADVISE on what she should DO about her situation.

• Soledad
    Soledad

No defd, I don't believe that

But I'll let MrsJG speak for herself

Why don't you let her speak for herself too?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Like it has been said we are mostly ex witnesses here.

I also was raised Catholic, then was brainwashed into the cult as an adult!

All I can say is RESEARCH the witnesses, then you will know the truth about 'The Truth'!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi Welcome

I imagine all you know about the JWs comes from them. Before you make any kind of commitment I think it is essentail you find out all or at least some of the things they don't tell you. We have a section here called The Best of. It has many of the most important issues regarding the doctrines and practices of JWs. It is well researched and you should be able to find many things. There is a topic on blood if that is what concerns you the most.

But you might want to look at some of these threads seriously

The Best of... WTS and Sexual Abuse of Children

The Best of... WTS and How it Controls People

The Best of... JW lifestyle

The Best of... WTS and Blood

The Best of... I'm married to or dating a JW

Lee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit