hello, i'm new :)

by MRSJG 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

MrsJG -

First - Welcome to the forum!

I and my wife were Jehovah's witnesses for a combined total of 64 years baptized - over ninety including our youth.

We just knew we had the 'Truth'. Turns out we did not. It took us a lifetime to discover that.

As a witness you will enter a world of isolation - you will be told how to dress, and how to 'preach', and when and where it is proper to go worship God. If you do not follow the rules - and there are many rules - you will be excommunicated - they call it disfellowshipped - and not a single one of your witness friends will speak to you again.

You are not permitted to question the beliefs, teachings, or doctrines that issue forth from HQ in Brooklyn New York.

Books could be written about the things that are wrong with the religion - now is not the place for that. I reccommend that you look at the following websites before you commit to this religion -

Also, get a copy of the book "Crisis of Conscience" - written by Raymond Franz [former member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses]

The people that make up the religion are wonderful people for the most part - so were the people that made up Jonestown and David Koresh's followers in Waco. The people are good - but there is more than meets the eye - they are just as fooled as wifey and I were for all those decades.

Please accept the invite to investigate, investigate, investigate. You will be glad you did.

Jeff

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have to give you PROPS, Cygnus, man you do know your stuff! Tell the truth and shame the devil!

• Gerard
    Gerard

The Watchtower may seem noble on the surface but the fact is that it is a bussiness corporation, and as such, seeks profit from volunteer labor. Regardless of their earnings, it must be said that the Watchtower is a mind-controling cult, they will implant phobias, guilt and fear in you and will alienate you from everybody who is not a JW. See for yourself:

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/psych.htm

You may also want to take a look at their past publications...you will be AMAZED:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/admin-site-map.htm

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Please excuse the interruption again......

Seeking Knowledge, there was no offense taken! I fully understand your concern, it was good that we could each clarify how we feel about it. It seems we're in agreement in advising MrsJG to get as much information as possible.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hello & Welcome. I must say your a very smart lady!!!! I am 78 I was a JW for 25 years. I would have willingly died for the Organization of Jehovahs Witnesses---I still love them very much. My daughter & I Child are still with them...( they must shun me because I do not believe Jesus came invisably in 1914 ( as they teach) I made 10 people Jehovahs Witnesses--I am sure the person who is studying with you TRULY believes he is following GOD!!!!I DID!!!!! But when I mentioned to the elders I could not believe that- They disfellowshipped me--My husband a Catholic -had told me MANY times they would do that- when he died ( they did!!!!! He died in 1985 they kicked me out in 1987.......I was devastated! I wanted to kill myself ( as many do when they have been disfellowshipped) But I started to pray to GOD!!!! asking HIM to help & show me the truth.... Needless to say I got" Crises of Conscience "( an EXCeLLENT BOOK) I had it just before they opted me really, & when I said I had it -!!!! That was the straw that broke the camels back-- I was evil for reading it. BUT!!!! that is because you are NOT allowed any reading other than their "TRUTH"!!!!???? I have a support group for those who have been DF for many things, smoking,( Although as some say, it wont stop you from going to heaven it smells like you have been to hell) Not believing every thing they teach-!!! celebrating a holiday( worldly) So do research as your smart enough to do...I just wish there had been something like this site when I was on my way out. As for the blood transfusion----God said "life was in the blood"- so to put blood into your parent -was pumping life back in--- thank God for that. I should add I have NEVER been happier in my whole life than now... I have just come back from being with about 200 EX JWS they have lost love ones to the Wt - because the WT will tell you WHO you can speak to & who you cant... Yet GOD said we MUST love ALL- Even out enemies!!!!! Oh! I should add- The elders came a couple of years ago & asked if I would like to be reinstated.I told them YES!!! as long as I could tell the congregation how many have lost their life because they could not take Organ transplants. 2.Also I could think independently ( A no-no) & 3 I could teach at the door the Gospel of Scripture which is recorded at 1 Corinth 15: 3 which is" Christ died for our sins was buried, & rose on the 3rd day.". That is the Gospel.!!!! Many when they leave JWS dont believe in God any more -that is their freedom as God gave us the right to think INDEPENDENTLY!! But I believe my years in the WT was not wasted.... I can now tell you the truth about the Watchtower They are false prophets ---not 1 of their "tuths" have come true.... Sorry my post is extremly long but as you can see by my name I speak the truth about myself too. I am Mouthy....Keep praying as DF suggested !!! But pray -not for mans truth Gods truth.!!!.... & the name Jehovah...>>>>... ( I dont use )Why not call to your Heavenly Father! The Son our mediator!!! & ask the Holy Spirit to guide lead & direct.. You havent got anything to lose that way!!!!!(((((((((HUGS))))))

• inquirer
    inquirer

At least give some time to think about joining this organization.

Swim between the flags and don't go in the deep end -- But don't drown.

Drive the car around the block to make sure it suits you -- It's an awful lot of money if you decide you don't like it!

When you cross the street look left, right and left again -- Don't just walk to the other side -- you might get killed if you are not looking.

If someone gives you a glass of water and you knowing it had a tiny amount of poison in it -- would you drink it? (To use some of their expressions)

Don't go "Good doggie" -- it might bite you and then you get stiches!

You get the idea? Have a think about what you are doing.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Thanks, MsMcDucket. I've been around the block a few times.

I think that honesty is vital to your relationship with Jehovah and with your family.

An honest person cannot be a Jehovah's Witness. I don't say that frivilously. JWs would rather not hear honesty from dissenters, and for honesty to exist, dissent must exist. My ex- mother-in-law, when I told her I was to be DF'd, broke down crying and said "If I have to choose between Jehovah and you I have to choose Jehovah." Very sad. I can't prove the existence of an ancient semitic tribal war god worshipped from a mountain with a liking towards burning flesh and human penis foreskins, but I sure know I'm here.

• joanne_
    joanne_

Hello Mrsjg:

Welcome to the board. I hope I don't sound too cynical, but when I read that you have been studying for the past 7 months and everyone is treating you wonderfully, please do not be mislead by that. It happened to me and maybe many others on this board. Once you are baptised, that will all change. Its called 'lovebombing'.

The blood issue is a very important issue to think about. It goes against our natural, god-given, instincts to refuse treatment that may save yourself or your child. I urge you to read our experiences, keep an open mind, and really think about how your life will change.

hope this helps a bit....

joanne

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Welcome, Mrs. JG.

In addition to reading what's here in this forum, since you mentioned being raised Catholic, you might want to check out

http://www.catholicxjw.com

There's also a Catholic/JW Discussion Board you can participate in, if you like.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Welcome. Run for the hills. I was born into the 'truth', raised in it and knew of nothing else. I have 3 kids that I raised in the 'truth' and because of the 'truth' they have no contact with me any longer. Ditto my mother, sister and brothers who are all JW's. As a previous poster (Jeff) said, your life will be nothing more than a set of rigid rules and once baptized you are doomed to following those rules or being shunned. Think long and hard about your husband, your family and your kids refusing to speak with you if you dare to question or fall out of the organization for any reason. Think long and hard about that. If I knew way back then what I know now, I would never have raised my kids in the org.

Witnesses will have an answer for everything you can ask them and will smile and wrap their arms around you and call you brother and sister..make you all warm and fuzzy. Realize that by calling you brother and sister, this is an attempt to emulate your family (brainwashing) - they have to do this in order to make you feel 'special' when you are forced to stop socializing with your non Witness family and friends. in order to stay loyal to Jehovah.They make themselves your 'new' family and 'suggest' over time that you discard your real family. But beware! When you fall out of favor, and all honest, compassionate people do, this phoney family will throw you out in the cold without a backward glance.

If I had one point I would ask you to research, it would be - did Charles Russel have the truth? did Rutherford have the truth? The society will tell you they both did and one built on the other. Read what they taught for yourself. You will find out that nothing Russel and Rutherford taught have anything to do with what the Watchtower teaches today. In fact, if you were to follow what the originators of this religion(?) taught, you would be disfellowshipped immediately. If you were baptized tried to discuss this you would be disfellowshipped unless you believe their answer of 'new light'. The bible is the bible - there is no new light.

Just remember, when you are baptized a Witness, you are not serving Jehovah - you become a member of a man made organization who will instruct you how to live by their rules.

Also, get a copy of the book "Crisis of Conscience" - written by Raymond Franz [former member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses]

A must read book. By the way - interestingly enough the Society pushed us to believe (and has us terror stricken) that Ray Franz was an apostate and thus the book was full of evil and we should run the other way at even the mention of his name......yet...he was never even disfellowshipped for apostasy, he was disfellowshipped for eating with a df'd person. Funny how the truth ain't the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit