hello, i'm new :)

by MRSJG 44 Replies latest jw friends

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

It's good to continue researching and learning, I'd only caution you to do so objectively. You'll hear many opinions and experiences, try not to let them influence what you feel and believe to be true and important.

In other words. Don't let real life experiences influence what the WTBTS already told you what you should believe. Resistance is futile.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    Find out if there's a qualified brother or sister in your congregation who can discuss and help you with your confusion about the blood issue, that's who helped me with it.
    Qualified how?? Because they are taught from a medical school as to the pros & cons of a blood transfusion?? Did they have MD after their name & a diploma to back it up? Or qualified as in someone who is a JW and because of that is an expert on the topic??

Seeking Knowledge, as clarification, all of the above. I first familiarized myself with scientific and medical facts, then talked to an MD and an RN in our cong who had both been trained and worked in the field of "bloodless surgery", I might add that they avail themselves to other congregations too. The same people were knowledgeable in the scriptures and JW doctrines on the subject. I would also add that several serious surgeries were successfully performed on me without the use of blood (by a Jewish MD, btw, who respected my wishes). So, in my opinion, the qualifications should be 1) medical education 2) medical experience and 3) Bible knowledge.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't trust the elders. Every time we have confided in them, they have messed up our marriage or hindered my husband's progress in the organization.

• Soledad
    Soledad

This is getting way off topic.

Poor MrsJG won't want to come back to this forum!

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Sorry Mrsjg. Soledad has spanked us and sent us to our room. Now what did you want to know again?

• amen
    amen

Welcome Mrs.

You remind me when i first started with the witnesses. Everything seem to be so perfect, they have the right answer to all the problems in the world. Everything made sense at the time. That was 16 years ago.

In general I had never had any problems with the members. But, gradually you'll see that their doctrines are falses. Where you have doubts, their love so to speak will make you accept their faulty doctrines.

When i became a witnesses i did not have the tools that we have today. Stil i should have made more research. They are clever.

Keep doing your research, ask questions.

amen

• atypical
    atypical

Welcome! I am new also and have learned a lot here already. I agree with the others who tell you to do your own research and let the truth speak for itself. One saying I learned from this board that I like a lot is: Time reveals all truth. It is fine to talk to someone in your hall about the blood issue if they have that attitude. If they just know how to recite phrases from the bound volumes, you would be better off reading for yourself what the society has to say, and then reading what leading medical professionals have to say. Then make an informed decision.

Again, welcome.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Hear hear soledad!

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but maybe some who don't have alot of experience trying to help a witness open their eyes, should refrain from responding to these types.

All you do is scare them off with your bitter sounding rhetoric.

Not to say that I don't spew some bitter rhetoric!

But when you are talking to someone like this, you really have to tread lightly.

Just think, if we scared her off from her one chance at opening her mind, her kids will spend the next couple decades getting their minds filled with mind control garbage because we saw it as a chance for a cheap wt dig.

These are real people with real lives we are talking to, not objects to take out our frustrations on.

And I am not excluding myself from this. I chased off MrsBee a few weeks back. She is having a baby who will likely waste the first two decades of his life getting filled with phobias, delusions of grandeur and being denied a real chance to get to know Christ. On the off chance her kid ever reads this, in about 20 years he will find me and kick me in the nuts.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

I meant no offense to Willowmoon or anyone...

The blood issue is a big thing with me, when my son went in to have tubes put in his ears, his father, up until that moment, had NOTHING to do with the surgery, the arrangements, anything. When it came time to fill out the dreaded question, he snatched the paper away from me & marked NO for blood transfusion. I was mortified & furious with him for doing that. I told him he had no right to make that kind of decision without me and he felt he did. The entire medical team had to come into this room & explain to my ex that it was really a NON ISSUE for the type of surgery our son was to have, but it opened my eyes big time.

When I asked him what the heck he was thinking & why the big deal all he could say to me was "because it's bad". That's it...nothing to back it up, just "it's bad". It was then I realized that if my child were ever with his father & God forbid something happens that would require a blood transfusion to SAVE HIS LIFE, he wouldn't allow it because "it's bad". Once things had calmed down and we talked about it again, he said the reason he doesn't want a blood transfusion was because he was told it wasn't acceptable, I asked him "by whom" and he said "Jehovah's Witnesses" HE had nothing to back up his decision other than what SOMEONE TOLD HIM this wasn't good enough for me, so I started my research and it brought me here.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread Mrs JG, just thought I'd suggest you get as much info as you can. Willowmoon...truce??

Back to the topic at hand.......

SK...in peace.....

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hello MRSJG, and welcome.

It is good that you are researching the jw religion before making your mind up whether to join or not. Be very thorough and objective in your research, you may find that, after the "honeymoon period" which every potential new convert goes through, that the jw religion is not all it first appears to be. However, if you do decide to join, then I wish you well.

Take care

dedpoet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit